PDA

View Full Version : My 2003 Hummer H1 Open Top with 22"s

J.T.
08-09-2006, 11:51 PM
here it is when I bought it

here it is now with 22"x12 Weld Cheyenne 8s and 37" Toyos rides way better than it did with the run flats!

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 01:47 AM
do you feel the slightest bit of embarrassment?

timgco
08-10-2006, 03:46 AM
I bet it's more reliable without the CTIS and runflats.

ckhagman
08-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Runflats Yes.

CTIS no. I honestly do not see the need to complain about something that no other vehicle (besides the Unimog) has.

As for the picture. I think I am going to be sick. But it is not as bad as a Yellow Open Top that I saw on cardomain a couple of years ago.

ree
08-10-2006, 03:56 PM
What everyone else said.:eek:

SnakeH2
08-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I guess you wil be lowering it now...:eek:

timgco
08-10-2006, 07:48 PM
A winch and 22's.................:eek:

ROX
08-10-2006, 09:13 PM

here it is now with 22"x12 Weld Cheyenne 8s and 37" Toyos rides way better than it did with the run flats!
26873I like it! It's definitely different. Phil's right, there's not enough bling on it yet.:cool:

J.T.
08-10-2006, 09:24 PM
mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,
you guys are a buncha sweethearts here....I didnt post it to be asked stupid questions ie:PARAGONdo you feel the slightest bit of embarrassment? ....I just thought I'd share a few pics of something "I" thought looked good...fit perfectly without modifying anything and NO rub...so if it didnt affect anything but the ride (which it improved 100%) who cares? and I dont wanna hear a bunch of techinical crap because the only thing it is used for is as a tow vehicle as far as grunt work goes...so anyways thanks for the warm welcome guys!

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 11:37 PM
you guys are a buncha sweethearts here....I didnt post it to be asked stupid questions ie:PARAGONdo you feel the slightest bit of embarrassment? ....I just thought I'd share a few pics of something "I" thought looked good...fit perfectly without modifying anything and NO rub...so if it didnt affect anything but the ride (which it improved 100%) who cares? and I dont wanna hear a bunch of techinical crap because the only thing it is used for is as a tow vehicle as far as grunt work goes...so anyways thanks for the warm welcome guys!apparently you've mistaken me for someone who gives a **** what you thought

So, instead of technical crap, you trying to say that you put 22" chrome ugly ass wheels on an H1, destroying all character the vehcle once owned, because YOU say it improved the ride of a log truck by 100%?

On top of that, it's now a tow vehicle......:eek: A truck that has a hard time getting of it's own way on the highway.

Dump the wheels and take the thing where it belongs, off the pavement.

PARAGON
08-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh, and welcome to the forum

J.T.
08-10-2006, 11:47 PM
apparently you've mistaken me for someone who gives a **** what you thought

So, instead of technical crap, you trying to say that you put 22" chrome ugly ass wheels on an H1, destroying all character the vehcle once owned, because YOU say it improved the ride of a log truck by 100%?

On top of that, it's now a tow vehicle......:eek: A truck that has a hard time getting of it's own way on the highway.

Dump the wheels and take the thing where it belongs, off the pavement.

OK hummer messiah....YOU have mistaken me for someone who cares what YOU think...all I said was I didnt care for your stupid questions and now I honestly dont care what you post either...if I bought this H1 and did stuff to it only too make only you happy ....I woulda bought an H2....and it is more than able to move out of its own way...but on another note...thanks for the welcome! lol

Ground hawg
08-11-2006, 03:02 AM
Not my style. I'd be to scared to skratch them up.

P.S what ya do with the old set???? ya want to sell em????

J.T.
08-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Not my style. I'd be to scared to skratch them up.

P.S what ya do with the old set???? ya want to sell em????

they will polish out if anything...and I plan on holdin onto the stocks...never know when you might need em...if anything changes they will be for sale here. Thanks.

Tex_h2
08-12-2006, 06:07 AM
OK hummer messiah....YOU have mistaken me for someone who cares what YOU think...all I said was I didnt care for your stupid questions and now I honestly dont care what you post either...if I bought this H1 and did stuff to it only too make only you happy ....I woulda bought an H2....and it is more than able to move out of its own way...but on another note...thanks for the welcome! lol

Hey, I'm with you.......I personally think that looks fantastic. There is nothing in the Hummer-Town book, that say's you can only have a hummer if you Off-Road with it. What the hell.......

murf
08-12-2006, 09:38 AM
looks good, and I wouldn't be afraid to take them off-road

NoMoGMPG
08-12-2006, 04:34 PM
To each their own, I guess.:cool:

Harley
08-13-2006, 03:39 AM
... will you drive it through the trees? will you drive in the mud?

K

"Harley"

DRTYFN
08-14-2006, 05:41 AM
they will polish out if anything...and I plan on holdin onto the stocks...never know when you might need em...if anything changes they will be for sale here. Thanks.

Polish out??? That's hilarious right there!!! You damn well better save those original wheels & tires - you're going to need them. Please be sure to post a thread about how you bent one of those blinger rims or peeled the chrome off one(or hopefully all 4) and then tried unsuccessfully to "polish it out". We love those kind of laughs.

CO Hummer
08-14-2006, 06:21 AM
do you feel the slightest bit of embarrassment?

Well, he isn't. But I am (embarrased for him).

Honestly, the flags at AM General will be at half mast when they catch wind of this.

J.T.
08-14-2006, 09:41 PM
... will you drive it through the trees? will you drive in the mud?

K

"Harley"

Through AND OVER!!! why not? :D

J.T.
08-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Polish out??? That's hilarious right there!!! You damn well better save those original wheels & tires - you're going to need them. Please be sure to post a thread about how you bent one of those blinger rims or peeled the chrome off one(or hopefully all 4) and then tried unsuccessfully to "polish it out". We love those kind of laughs.

Yes polish out.... they are Polished Aluminum NOT blingy Chrome and are actually pretty strong but EVERY wheel is prone too bending with extreme use even the stocks... heres a line from one of Welds testimonials A: Aside from its good looks, we chose the "Cheyenne 8" pattern because eight spokes radiating from each lug is an inherently strong design. During thousands of miles of prerunning and racing in Baja, we still haven't been able to break or impede the function of these wheels. We have bent them, BUT they have never failed.

Alan06SUT
08-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Why are ...nevermind.

hmrlvr
08-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey J.T. aren't you glad you stopped by:eek: . Rig looks good, probably not the best setup for some of the extreme stuff these guys do but I've seen alot more H2s with your type of setups that never see the dirt than H1s. If you can afford the truck with those wheels, something tells me you can afford to replace what gets damaged offroad. ;)

RonB
08-21-2006, 07:11 PM
better add 4 new geared hubs (as well as all the front suspension parts) to the list of things you'll screw up with those wheels.

rb

wpage
02-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Any new pics?:o

frenzy1
02-21-2007, 07:13 PM
:iagree:

hummer74
02-27-2007, 06:54 PM
i think the truck looks bad ass. really great looking truck. if it were mine i would use those rims and tires for street and switch to the stockers if i was planning an off road trip. im not one for much bling, but i think yours looks great, and if its what YOU like, great! good job!:clapping:

MDimitri
03-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Nice color...and damn nice truck, blingy or not!

Cheers!

jmsspratlin
04-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Not an H1 guy, but the truck looks good. I have an H2, and plan to never go off roading. I just like the damn truck.:dancingbanana:

Russell-h3-alpha
04-27-2007, 05:10 AM
As much as I dont think 22's are ment to be on an H1, its nothing new. Look on Ebay right now and there are several h1's with big rim set ups on them. I usually shake my head at people who slap big rims on an h1. But this really isnt so bad, I have seen much worse. These rims at least somewhat go with the truck. lol and even though he stood up for the h1, and said it can get more than out of its own way... it cant! hahaha, but I do bet the ride is smoother now the run flats suck ass. Nice truck if I saw you drive by Id miss the 03 h1 we had, and be jealous of the soft top, must be fun in good weather.

Steve - SanJose
07-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Cool UAVs

pteam
07-15-2007, 04:36 AM
Dude that truck looks awesome. I bet when you go places people oooh and awww.

You know there are people on this forum that throw up when they see any sight of chrome on any hummer. Just ignore them ;)

jmsspratlin
07-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Dude that truck looks awesome. I bet when you go places people oooh and awww.

You know there are people on this forum that throw up when they see any sight of chrome on any hummer. Just ignore them ;)

:beerchug:

H2wifey
09-06-2007, 05:15 AM
I like it:jump:

tower
09-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Dear J.T.,

If I buy you a vehicle that is better for towing, could I please have your H1? I really, really want one.:excited:

J.T.
09-06-2007, 07:13 PM
yes...I want somethin different anyways will have had this for a couple years in a couple months...29,500 miles extended warranty....lemme know:beerchug:

D-MAX
09-06-2007, 11:04 PM
yes...I want somethin different anyways will have had this for a couple years in a couple months...29,500 miles extended warranty....lemme know:beerchug:
I have a 06 duramax,wanna trade?:giggling: just don't tell my wife:shhh:

wpage
09-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Just for one dream weekend in the woods:beerchug:

Hummer Aficionado_VT
09-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Mmmhmmm!:D

Grizzy
09-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Man, that would be a perfect truck for my kid to play with, on a 1/8th scale model of course.

Bimmer9938
01-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Hey I think it looks great, not like you can't throw on the stockies if you ever decide to take it off road. Honestly though, If I had a truck that nice, I'd probally never take it off road anyways. :beerchug:

kjh_sweden_H3
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
J.T.

That H1 looks like a real BAD ASS TRUCK! Thought it was new,then I saw -2003!! You must be VERY satisfied!! Those fat rims is sweet on it!

And, as you have noticed, your gonna be bullied if you have anything over 18 inch here! Just count on it! Happen to me too:lame:
Here you must have mud up over your roof and tractortires to be accepted unfortunately... And forget to wash your car:twak:
But, anyway I like to be here, for there is really cool to look at all offroadpics too!!

3Hummer
02-07-2008, 05:51 AM
J.T.

That H1 looks like a real BAD ASS TRUCK! Thought it was new,then I saw -2003!! You must be VERY satisfied!! Those fat rims is sweet on it!

And, as you have noticed, your gonna be bullied if you have anything over 18 inch here! Just count on it! Happen to me too:lame:
Here you must have mud up over your roof and tractortires to be accepted unfortunately... And forget to wash your car:twak:
But, anyway I like to be here, for there is really cool to look at all offroadpics too!!

kfj_sweden_H3, chances are if someones just gettin an H1 its not new since production on H1's stopped in mid 2006. and....ohh c'mon we welcome all, at least i feel we should "I have a dream that chromers and non chromers can be together in one forum" lol hahahha just its mainly an offroading crowed :grouphug: ;)

JollyRoger
02-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Why?? Why??? OH! THe Humanity!!!

kjh_sweden_H3
02-07-2008, 06:37 PM
kfj_sweden_H3, chances are if someones just gettin an H1 its not new since production on H1's stopped in mid 2006. and....ohh c'mon we welcome all, at least i feel we should "I have a dream that chromers and non chromers can be together in one forum" lol hahahha just its mainly an offroading crowed :grouphug: ;)

Ooh, 3Hummer.... Soo sweet!! I?ve got tears in my eyes!
Nevermind Mr. Aggressiveteenagegirl but I must say, this forum is ONLY for offroaders,that?s it! Someone catches a glimce of chrome, bang your? dead:lame:

I don?t say I hate offroaders! I love to go offroad! If everyone here wants to f*ck up their trucks in the mountians or whatever, go for it:popcorn:

...but even if you hate people that doesn?t go offroad, try to be A LITTLE nice! Can it be so hard??????

kjh_sweden_H3
02-09-2008, 03:36 AM
Ooh, 3Hummer.... Soo sweet!! I?ve got tears in my eyes!
Nevermind Mr. Aggressiveteenagegirl but I must say, this forum is ONLY for offroaders,that?s it! Someone catches a glimce of chrome, bang your? dead:lame:

I don?t say I hate offroaders! I love to go offroad! If everyone here wants to f*ck up their trucks in the mountians or whatever, go for it:popcorn:

...but even if you hate people that doesn?t go offroad, try to be A LITTLE nice! Can it be so hard??????

Forget this sh*t above..... Nice looking rig though! But has it been lowered????? Can?t lower an H1! or is it the smaller diameter of the tirez?

GLENN B.
02-23-2008, 05:35 AM

I LIKE IT,,,YOU BOUGHT IT WITH YOUR DOUGH
YOU DO WHAT Y O U WANT TO IT.,,,,,,:clapping:

wpage
03-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Al Gore wants to know if its green?

Albie
03-20-2008, 06:11 AM
Banging... Love it man...:clapping:

8500lbs
03-20-2008, 07:20 AM
I like it, and the Weld 8's are pretty freakin strong. but you can beat on them or not, your rig your choices. Its a shame that hummer enthusiasts dont appreciate the need or desire to be different. If I wanted to be the same as everyone else I would go get a jeep. Some day I too hope to own an H1, I might even put 22" on it.

Looks Good and welcome to the Forum!

B

StockStar
12-27-2008, 08:15 PM
I dig it, but maybe with black rims instead. Nice!!! These H1 guys are hard core and will flame you, but ohhhh well. You did your way and it looks good.

Manny735
12-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Looks awesome...good for you i like it..:beerchug:

xZach
01-25-2009, 06:24 AM
Nothing wrong with wanting better wheels on your Hummer, but ones that loose CTIS and jut out so far?? what the hell man that looks so tacky! oh, and loose the step bars theyre like a breast reduction.

HummThis1
01-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Love it!!! mine has 24"s

ben86
02-09-2010, 02:09 AM

How much money your wheels?

CBR_Raven
02-09-2010, 06:41 PM

I like it!!! I'll trade you my '06 H2 SUT for it :D ...it's the same color with 22's on it as well...

hummeraddict
02-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Nice truck! I'm not a fan of the wheels, but its your truck. You can do with it as you please. Nice choice on tires though.

RENNtech
02-19-2010, 02:27 AM
Nice truck! I'm not a fan of the wheels, but its your truck. You can do with it as you please. Nice choice on tires though.

:iagree: That is about the best reply in the whole thread, to each their own. I think it looks pretty sharp.

:beerchug: JJ

CyrusPaice
03-06-2010, 05:57 AM
:iagree: That is about the best reply in the whole thread, to each their own. I think it looks pretty sharp.

:beerchug: JJ

Agreed! It's a strange phenomenon that if you do something that others wouldn't do, they feel threatened and get hostile. Putting 22's on an H1 designed for offroad is no different than the 1000's of Corvettes, Porsches, Vipers, Lamborghini's on big chrome rims that never see race track use. Do you guys show hostility towards them too? Your H1 looks sharp dude and it will still kick ass off-road, 22's or not.

tyler1bo
02-17-2011, 05:59 AM
you guys are a buncha sweethearts here....I didnt post it to be asked stupid questions ie:PARAGONdo you feel the slightest bit of embarrassment? ....I just thought I'd share a few pics of something "I" thought looked good...fit perfectly without modifying anything and NO rub...so if it didnt affect anything but the ride (which it improved 100%) who cares? and I dont wanna hear a bunch of techinical crap because the only thing it is used for is as a tow vehicle as far as grunt work goes...so anyways thanks for the warm welcome guys!

If it means anything I think the Welds are bad! Really miss those wheels..I think the truck looks awesome!

StockStar
01-09-2012, 10:13 PM

awesome:beerchug: Nice H1!
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26873&d=1155163145

Agreed! It's a strange phenomenon that if you do something that others wouldn't do, they feel threatened and get hostile. Putting 22's on an H1 designed for offroad is no different than the 1000's of Corvettes, Porsches, Vipers, Lamborghini's on big chrome rims that never see race track use. Do you guys show hostility towards them too? Your H1 looks sharp dude and it will still kick ass off-road, 22's or not.
well said!!