PDA

View Full Version : Bug deflector for H2's?

Apex IV
07-26-2003, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know of a bug deflector for the H2? After driving my Yellow Lux for a year, the bugs are getting to me. The problem seems worse than it was on my previous H1. Seems that the bugs in my area are drawn to yellow and have blood/guts made from epoxy - LOL. VERY hard to remove. Any help is appreciated as we just purchased four Green H2's for the office and my guys will be on the road a lot. Thanks in advance for your replies/suggestions.

-Randall Garrett-

Apex IV
07-26-2003, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know of a bug deflector for the H2? After driving my Yellow Lux for a year, the bugs are getting to me. The problem seems worse than it was on my previous H1. Seems that the bugs in my area are drawn to yellow and have blood/guts made from epoxy - LOL. VERY hard to remove. Any help is appreciated as we just purchased four Green H2's for the office and my guys will be on the road a lot. Thanks in advance for your replies/suggestions.

-Randall Garrett-

Big Z
07-26-2003, 02:50 PM
Everyone knows that the Hummer is a bug attractant. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I get Bugged all the time about it! and it's a Red one! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

On the serious side, I'd consider the 3M mask for the front, sides, (my next improvement, as I tow it around) and mirrors. RainX the windows will help also.

Steve 2
07-26-2003, 03:39 PM
I agree with the Rainx recommendation. I tried it and it works wonders. I also use Rainx washer fluid with bug repellent and that works well here in Florida.

Apex IV
07-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys! I'm not so worried about the front - can't see it while driving - LOL. It's the windshield that bothers me. Hadn't thought of the RainX treatment and washer fluid, though. Great idea... I'm considering a custom deflector solution, too. Will keep you apprised...

-Randall Garrett-

Patriot
07-27-2003, 09:33 PM
I found what works best is to just keep it clean and clean in often. The more you clean the less likely that the acids will etch the glass. Stoner Invisible Glass works great.

It's almost a ritual now... when I get home I get out the step ladder and clean the front windshield.

Hummer Man
07-27-2003, 10:14 PM
PATRIOT, Stoner is great! It is at WALMART now very cheap. I feel in love with using it on all my cars. Now I have started to used it on the windows in the house. The next most important thing to use with good glass cleaner is a good lint free cloth!

Apex IV
08-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Patriot, Steve 2, et al:

Do you think that using the Stoner Invisible Glass *and* adding the RainX washer fluid would work OK, our just use one or the other. Wouldn't want the RainX to destroy the Stoner "treatment" immediately.

Anyone... ?

Thanks!

-Randall Garrett-

Hummer Man
08-01-2003, 05:53 PM
SKIP THE RAINEX - YOU WILL STILL NEED TO CLEAN AFTERWORDS!

RasterMaster
08-02-2003, 12:10 PM
I have a bug deflector! Whenever the sunroof is open, bugs deflect off the roof lights into the back seat!

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!