PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Balancing

Harley
12-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Anyone had any personal experience with these mercury or shot filled plates that go between the wheel and hub? I've read all I can find about these and there seems to be pros and cons... depending on who writes the note / article ( humvee.net ).

K

Harley
12-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Anyone had any personal experience with these mercury or shot filled plates that go between the wheel and hub? I've read all I can find about these and there seems to be pros and cons... depending on who writes the note / article ( humvee.net ).

K

Planohummer
12-31-2005, 12:09 PM
They will smooth out what is considered a 'slightly' more than normal vibration, but won't cure a violent shake. If you've got GSA's, don't waste the money--you're fighting a losing battle. If you've got MT/R's and are looking to smooth out, you'll see a little improvement. Just my $.02

Ground hawg
01-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Got mine 4 months ago from centramatic $300.00. personaly I wouldn't be without them. much better than waights that can come off, and dont compontate for any offroad debris that you may pick up along the trail.

Joe
01-21-2006, 11:39 AM
I have the centramatics and they do help a bit. I have never had the pleasure of seeing a tremendous improvement that others have. In the end I think the biggest factor in using these and getting maximum benefit is having a true set of rims and the tire itself. This is the real challenge, rims and tires. The won't fix an out of round tire (common problem) or a bent rim (common problem if you off-road on rock and/or use the steel rims)