PDA

View Full Version : 2006-H2 Rearend or Tranny Briefly Slips/Jerks When Accelerating from Dead Stop

cmesurf
09-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Any Ideas? I am experiencing a brief slipping/jerking when accelerating from dead stop? Does not occur when accelerating 'Gently' from dead stop. Seems to have started after I fiddle Farted with the TC2 and Trailer Towing buttons. Read manual...buttons corrected to normal. Feels like rear end but could be in tranny area..not sure. Driving me nuts... Thanks.

Big Z
09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Could be just a program update needed. Pushing those buttons shouldn't matter!...I use the Tow/Haul all the time.

cmesurf
09-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks, Z...Should I just take it to the dealership or is there an easier fix? Thanks...Cat

Big Z
09-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Dealership!

tomp
09-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Probably typical GM drive shaft yoke sliding on tranny shaft. Do a search on clunk or clunking and you will see it's common. It's not just the H2 either.

There was a service note that came out for this for some year/models.

NSANE
09-14-2006, 11:28 PM
I tow with my 06 all the time. I had a jecking in mine but it was the rear lower control arm bushings which the dealer repalce and no more bad feelings in it.

cmesurf
09-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, I took my H2 to the dealership yesterday and had them check my slip/jerk/clunk...Turns out that the day before I had the vehicle washed/vaccumed etc...the 'kids' that wiped down the inside failed to Close the Spare Tire Carrier Securely, but, they did insert the lock pin, so, whenever I would stop the carrier would move forward a bit and, then, when I accelerated the bar would slip backward into the steel cable holding the pin making the Clunk sound. Do I feel stupid or what? Thanks for all your replies...

Big Z
09-15-2006, 02:12 PM
[quote=cmesurf]Well, I took my H2 to the dealership yesterday and had them check my slip/jerk/clunk...Turns out that the day before I had the vehicle washed/vaccumed etc...the 'kids' that wiped down the inside failed to Close the Spare Tire Carrier Securely, but, they did insert the lock pin, so, whenever I would stop the carrier would move forward a bit and, then, when I accelerated the bar would slip backward into the steel cable holding the pin making the Clunk sound. Do I feel stupid or what? Thanks for all your replies...[/quote

ROFL......Glad It wasn't serious! ;)

ree
09-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Well, I took my H2 to the dealership yesterday and had them check my slip/jerk/clunk...Turns out that the day before I had the vehicle washed/vaccumed etc...the 'kids' that wiped down the inside failed to Close the Spare Tire Carrier Securely, but, they did insert the lock pin, so, whenever I would stop the carrier would move forward a bit and, then, when I accelerated the bar would slip backward into the steel cable holding the pin making the Clunk sound. Do I feel stupid or what? Thanks for all your replies...
:giggling::giggling: It happens. Sometimes you just need an extra set of eyes/brains on a problem and find it's quite simple.

Motohead
09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
I had my tranny slip once.

So I bought him non-skid high keels.

Tranny... get it... high heels... haha... ummmm ...errr...

NSANE
09-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Glad it was nothing much, I have kids too and been there done that.:p