PDA

View Full Version : Copying Nav Disc

kacyk
09-16-2006, 08:09 PM
I have a 4.0 Nav disc that came with the wife's 2004 H2. I just bought a Nav Radio for my 2003 Escalade (http://suvworld.tenmagazines.com/forums/topic.ten?id=63474L#) off Ebay and need a Nav disc. Can a copy of the Nav disc be done? I mean if I try and someone has the right software to do it, will it damage the original disc?

dochummer
09-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Any copying of the disc for backup purposes shouldn't damage the original. I don't have nav, but I'm guessing it's on a dual-layer DVD disc? If it is, it would just require a dual-layer copier and blank disc. You should be able to get the drive and disc for under $100 if you shop around... As far as copy protection...I don't know what would be used, but I like to backup my Disney movies so the kids can use them...that way, they don't scratch up the original discs, only the copies...So there are ways to get past the copy-protection...

kodiakz
09-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Easy to do. No copy protection, and it is indeed a DL disc. Some of the tnr radios don't read burned media on a cinsistent basis though.

MDimitri
09-21-2006, 01:56 AM
If it's a DVD navigation system,chances are that it was created with a BLUERAY burner, I have tried copying mine so that it does not get ruined, I use ANY DVD as a decrypter and Nero as my main burning software. For movies I use 1Click DVD Copy Pro, this is a brain dead simple program to use. Back to the NAV disk, I was unable to copy it due to the fact they used BLUERAY to create it and when I checked the NAV disk it stated that the program was 12.5 gigs, so even if I was able to do a dual layer burn, there still would not be enough room. BLUERAY is awsome and I will be upgrading my home and office system to it once a stable format is adopted and recognizd as a standard for the next generation of DVD players and burners.:)

timgco
09-21-2006, 02:43 AM
If someone figures out a way, let me know. I would like to have a backup disc and would be happy to contribute.

kodiakz
09-21-2006, 03:30 PM
:yawn: Tim, just let me know when you want one and I will make you a backup.

hummer74
09-21-2006, 09:21 PM
:yawn: Tim, just let me know when you want one and I will make you a backup.

How about making me a copy????? PLEASE??? I need a backup BAD. PM me and maybe we could work something out? What edition do you have? Thanks.:beerchug:

kodiakz
09-22-2006, 03:55 AM
4.1 I believe is the latest for the '06 series (07 is totally different). PM me with your details and I will 'lend' you mine;)

Boar-Ral
09-22-2006, 05:42 AM
I need to try backing up my navigation disk. It is beginning to get scratched. It is only v3.0, though. Bleh. I was told I was eligible for a free upgrade when I bought my Hummer, but they have started backing away from that. :(