PDA

View Full Version : 6.2L heads

PARAGON
09-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Was talking to a friend over the weekend that races. He says they are building a 6.0L (same as in our H2s) with the new 6.2L heads that are on the new '07 Escalade and whatnot engines. Says they are going to be able get a lot more grunt out of the rebuilt engine with the new bigger heads. Requires a new, possibly custom intake, but someone like Edelbrock will probably be coming up with one soon anyway.

ROX
09-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I heard the same rumor. I hope it's got lots more ponies!:excited:

f5fstop
09-20-2006, 09:53 PM
2008 H2 might have something similar:jump:

KenP
09-20-2006, 10:48 PM
2008 H2 might have something similar:jump:Another reason to wait.:perfect10s:

PARAGON
09-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Another reason to wait.:perfect10s:Let's just say someone were to wreck their '05 SUT or sumthin. And let's say it might be totalled. Then let's say someone else buys it as salvage, lifts it, rips off the top doors, sticks in a roll cage, SFA, Atlas Tcase, and then let's say they want to build some power.

They could rebuild the 6.0, boring out, slapping on the 6.2L heads and tuning to grunt out over 500HP without forced induction and reliably.

Let's just say.

PARAGON
09-20-2006, 11:15 PM
2008 H2 might have something similar:jump:That would make a great tow vehicle for a nice off-roading H2.:D

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
09-21-2006, 05:08 AM
PARAGON it is a good idea and less expensive than buying aftermarket heads to get the huge increase in flow through the heads which is one of the worst power robbers on any engine.

I think it is done on purpose to protect the manufacturer frpm excessive warranty claims from engine damage.

They really do not even need to bore the 6.0L. It is chained back in power for the same reason. You would not have to even port and polish the 6.2L heads. Slap them on and roll. With good tunning 500HP is an easy reach for a motor built like that. I had roughly 400HP on the ground on My H2 with all the external MODS with good tuning and no supercharger.

You know better than Me how much HP the H2 could be running out of the factory. They let the H2 out of factory with barely enough to HP and torque to get the job done and not have allot of drivetrain warranty. H2 breaks parts bad enough using stock factory parts. It is easy to get more power out of this motor. The 6.0L is the motor back before camaro was shut down that street racers were gasing the heck out of this motor with 2 stages and it has most likely taken the most abuse of any late model engine made.

I would really be interested in hearing more about this expirement if you do not mind. My choice of heads would be the LS6 head and matching piston swap out. Raises the compression some but, from research it puts it in a good range of compression to really add more torque. But, i would have to polish and do some hand porting nothing big just getting rid of the burs and ridges so air will flow better. It would take good tuning just like the 6.2L heads will and get the power allot wish the H2 would come new with. But, Hummer would have to spend the money to beef driveline and upgrade tranny to receive the power so they would not have allot of warranty problems.

But, the nice thing about the 6.2L head would have all the flow to do the job and not raise compression should later they wanted to add a supercharger or Turbo.

Real interesting great thread.

TAZ

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
09-21-2006, 05:24 AM
PARAGON it is a good idea and less expensive than buying aftermarket heads to get the huge increase in flow through the heads which is one of the worst power robbers on any engine.

I think it is done on purpose to protect the manufacturer frpm excessive warranty claims from engine damage.

They really do not even need to bore the 6.0L. It is chained back in power for the same reason. You would not have to even port and polish the 6.2L heads. Slap them on and roll. With good tunning 500HP is an easy reach for a motor built like that. I had roughly 400HP on the ground on My H2 with all the external MODS with good tuning and no supercharger.

You know better than Me how much HP the H2 could be running out of the factory. They let the H2 out of factory with barely enough to HP and torque to get the job done and not have allot of drivetrain warranty. H2 breaks parts bad enough using stock factory parts. It is easy to get more power out of this motor. The 6.0L is the motor back before camaro was shut down that street racers were gasing the heck out of this motor with 2 stages and it has most likely taken the most abuse of any late model engine made.

I would really be interested in hearing more about this expirement if you do not mind. My choice of heads would be the LS6 head and matching piston swap out. Raises the compression some but, from research it puts it in a good range of compression to really add more torque. But, i would have to polish and do some hand porting nothing big just getting rid of the burs and ridges so air will flow better. It would take good tuning just like the 6.2L heads will and get the power allot wish the H2 would come new with. But, Hummer would have to spend the money to beef driveline and upgrade tranny to receive the power so they would not have allot of warranty problems.

But, the nice thing about the 6.2L head would have all the flow to do the job and not raise compression should later they wanted to add a supercharger or Turbo.

Real interesting great thread.

TAZ