PDA

View Full Version : Does your HUMMER Dealer read ELCOVA????

HummBebe
09-20-2006, 06:10 PM
They should be!!!!!

If they are not reading Elcova, they are totally missing out.

Mine does!!!!

Hi GUYS!!!!!! :jump:

The Green Lantern
09-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Lurker!...lurker!....lurker!!!!!

I see them!!

CO Hummer
09-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Attention: Bebe's Dealer.

Please be advised - Make sure to wipe down all interior components before performing work on certain vehicles. Let's keep a safe work environment, guys.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20541

The Green Lantern
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
missing out.

Mine does!!!!

Hi GUYS!!!!!! :jump:

...and who's your dealer again??? :dancingbanana:

CO Hummer
09-20-2006, 06:24 PM

I recommend distributing these thoughout the shop:

HummBebe
09-20-2006, 06:29 PM
All the information we get on this board. How many of us have gone to the Dealer with an issue, that has been thoroughly discussed here, but they have NO IDEA what we are talking about.

How many of us know about the TSB's before they do???

If I were you, I would ask your dealer if they have heard of Elcova.

If they haven't, I bet those are the Dealers that are having difficulty keeping their customers happy.

Make sure you point out the number of members on the bottom of the page...if they didn't care before, they will now!!!

HummBebe
09-20-2006, 06:32 PM

I recommend distributing these thoughout the shop:

It's a cold sore....not leprosy. :rolleyes:

CO Hummer
09-20-2006, 06:33 PM
It's a cold sore....not leprosy. :rolleyes:

Listen, as an adminstrator of this site I'm compelled to protect our dealers and sponsors.

funkzilla
09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
I think my parts dept does from Sewell

HummBebe
09-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Fine then, just wait to see what shows up in the mail after we run the Rubi again...:jump:

CO Hummer
09-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Fine then, just wait to see what shows up in the mail after we run the Rubi again...:jump:

Better not. Someone from this forum tried to send me some from the last trip.

DDWH
09-20-2006, 07:57 PM
I am 111.11111111% sure my dealer doesn't........they have enough trouble with just email!!!!:rant: :twak:

f5fstop
09-20-2006, 09:58 PM
All the information we get on this board. How many of us have gone to the Dealer with an issue, that has been thoroughly discussed here, but they have NO IDEA what we are talking about. NOT ME:D

How many of us know about the TSB's before they do??? ME:D

If I were you, I would ask your dealer if they have heard of Elcova.They have; but after reading the off-topic area, their computers shut down:D

If they haven't, I bet those are the Dealers that are having difficulty keeping their customers happy. Mine has great donuts, and I don't even go in their for a repair. I just stop by for coffee and donuts.:jump:

Make sure you point out the number of members on the bottom of the page...if they didn't care before, they will now!!! Are there numbers at the bottom of the page? I'm always afraid to look....:dancingbanana:

Ok

KenP
09-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Listen, as an adminstrator of this site I'm compelled to protect our dealers and sponsors.Great point, partner.

Hey Agrv8r. Cards Saturday night if you want to come by.:beerchug:

Oh sorry. Yes, mine reads it.:giggling:

HummBebe
09-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Are there numbers at the bottom of the page? I'm always afraid to look....:dancingbanana:

Ok

:twak:

f5fstop
09-20-2006, 11:03 PM
:twak:

Now wait a minute; something is fishy. If you copied this, you had to be on the site, yet your name does not appear. Are you cloaked??? Or, signed on under a another ID:dancingbanana:

DDWH
09-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Now wait a minute; something is fishy. If you copied this, you had to be on the site, yet your name does not appear. Are you cloaked??? Or, signed on under a another ID:dancingbanana:

Good point Detective Fstop!!!!!!!....bebe whose yo AE?:jump:

KenP
09-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Now wait a minute; something is fishy. If you copied this, you had to be on the site, yet your name does not appear. Are you cloaked??? Or, signed on under a another ID:dancingbanana:If you're not logged in you don't show. She wasn't logged in, copied it, edited it and then logged in to post. Otherwise her name would have shown up with or without an (*) next to it.

fstop, did you get my PM? My computer did something stupid while replying.

HummBebe
09-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Dammit -

You gave me up!!!

f5fstop
09-21-2006, 12:06 AM
If you're not logged in you don't show. She wasn't logged in, copied it, edited it and then logged in to post. Otherwise her name would have shown up with or without an (*) next to it.

fstop, did you get my PM? My computer did something stupid while replying.

Got the email, and answered. I'll keep you posted.

Figure that's what she did..sneaky...:giggling:
I automatically sign in when I come to the forum; unless I delete all my cookies by accident.:jump:

KenP
09-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Dammit -

You gave me up!!!Sorry.

So, tell me about your daughter.:giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

HummBebe
09-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Uh, all this banter on this thread really helps me make my point.....NOT!!! fukkers:giggling:

KenP
09-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Uh, all this banter on this thread really helps me make my point.....NOT!!! fukkers:giggling: So Bebe, what did you have for dinner? We had sgetti and meatballs.:giggling:

HummBebe
09-21-2006, 02:37 AM
I'm still cooking, Baked Chikin with Asparagus and Baby Red Potatoes....

STOP IT!!!!:twak:

KenP
09-21-2006, 02:51 AM
STOP IT!!!!:twak:Bebe when mad:
Mad Bebe (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2228796688476060493&hl=en) :giggling:

DDWH
09-21-2006, 03:55 AM
Bebe when mad:
Mad Bebe (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2228796688476060493&hl=en) :giggling:

FAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that hurt mah ears!

DRTYFN
09-21-2006, 05:16 AM
Good point Detective Fstop!!!!!!!....bebe whose yo AE?:jump:

She's Donkey Kong and Frankenstein.:jump:

westhillsat
09-21-2006, 05:42 AM
If you're not logged in you don't show. She wasn't logged in, copied it, edited it and then logged in to post. Otherwise her name would have shown up with or without an (*) next to it.

:beerchug: Good detective work Ken, glad you're keeping us safe

Sewie
09-21-2006, 06:32 AM
Bebe when mad:

:jump: :jump: :jump:

31_bandits
09-21-2006, 09:36 AM
i've wondered if my dealer has ever checked the forums. I mentioned the existence of forums to them and they asked what those were like, we talked about it for about 1.4 microseconds, they made some internet jokes and i drank alot of coffee.

I would guess that if they ever visited, its just once or somethign for a second, and then they forgot it had ever existed.

Agriv8r
09-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Great point, partner.

Hey Agrv8r. Cards Saturday night if you want to come by.:beerchug:
WILL CALL YOU

Oh sorry. Yes, mine reads it.:giggling: YES I DO!!

CO Hummer
09-21-2006, 03:07 PM
they made some internet jokes

It's always comforting to have guys work on your $50K rig that don't know anything about this new-fangled thing called the "internet".

31_bandits
09-21-2006, 03:47 PM
It's always comforting to have guys work on your $50K rig that don't know anything about this new-fangled thing called the "internet".

:giggling: Yeah, this part of the country isn't going to be voted most likely to be found on myspace. Maybe it should be even more comforting if i have managed to spend alot more than that. :o :p

31_bandits
09-21-2006, 04:05 PM
dislcaimer:

dear dealer,

(i mean this). thanks for all the support. for finding ways to get all the kinky chrome nad paint done, and for not complaining when i scratched some of it off my truck :o and mauled some of the factory finish.

thanks for far above and beyond work from the service department and managment during the 4,318 different inquiries about modifying the truck and the ramifications of the same. And for sending a truck and trailer far, far away to get the truck i wanted, and thanks for not taking my offer when i offered to let you guys do that one thing w/o bad feelings after that one weekend... :o And thanks to the accessories/custom shop for basically helping me do whatever on a moments notice if i can't get something apart or whatever and never billing me for it.

if you send a comment card i'll call Hummer personally and tell them all of the above and more. That is not lip service, and i honestly do consider myself lucky to have bought my truck from you guys.

and thanks for having good coffee and not complaining when i stop by just to fill my mug.

disclaimer of disclaimer:

all that noted, i have still bought/am buying a whole crapload of vehicles, and will still throw an unholy fit not suitable for public viewing if need be. :D :D

that is all.

CO Hummer
09-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Dear Dealer,

Thank you for charging me 10 times more than any of your service or parts should cost. I sincerely appreicate getting raped on price and turnaround time. I would like to offer a special thank you for treating me like a trailer park trash when I come to the dealership in shorts and a t-shirt.

Many times my wife and I have discused how funny and exhilarating it is when we know more about TSBS, design problems, and fluid change intervals than you do. One of the things I really appreciate is when you've said you lubed all 10 zerk ports. You and I both know that the 11th one is hard to get to and not really worth the bother. I know that as a customer I don't really need to know about the silly little things that are inconvenient for you to do. Thanks for not bending over backwards.

I must say that your service hours of operation are truly admirable. I can see that you are giving your mechanics a proper work/life balance by not requiring them to work at times that are convenient to customers. I'd hate to see people working after 5 pm or on weekends. Let those guys who can afford Hummers take a half day off to get their fuel filter changed.

Finally, I appreciate your ability to short cut proper fixes in order to get my vehicle back to me quickly within a week or two. It seems like every one wants to "do it right" these days, but not you. Who needs to get to the bottom of a strange noise or vibration when you can simply say "we didn't hear anything". Life is short and I commend your adherence to a "hands off" policy when it doesn't have an impact to your bottom line.

P.S. Keep up the butt-kissing when were complain a little bit. We know you don't mean it, nor will you really do anything to address our concerns. But it feels really good so please don't stop.

Sincerely,
Your Loyal Customer

DDWH
09-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Dear Dealer,

Thank you for charging me 10 times more than any of your service or parts should cost. I sincerely appreicate getting raped on price and turnaround time. I would like to offer a special thank you for treating me like a trailer park trash when I come to the dealership in shorts and a t-shirt.

Many times my wife and I have discused how funny and exhilarating it is when we know more about TSBS, design problems, and fluid change intervals than you do. One of the things I really appreciate is when you've said you lubed all 10 zerk ports. You and I both know that the 11th one is hard to get to and not really worth the bother. I know that as a customer I don't really need to know about the silly little things that are inconvenient for you to do. Thanks for not bending over backwards.

I must say that your service hours of operation are truly admirable. I can see that you are giving your mechanics a proper work/life balance by not requiring them to work at times that are convenient to customers. I'd hate to see people working after 5 pm or on weekends. Let those guys who can afford Hummers take a half day off to get their fuel filter changed.

Finally, I appreciate your ability to short cut proper fixes in order to get my vehicle back to me quickly within a week or two. It seems like every one wants to "do it right" these days, but not you. Who needs to get to the bottom of a strange noise or vibration when you can simply say "we didn't hear anything". Life is short and I commend your adherence to a "hands off" policy when it doesn't have an impact to your bottom line.

P.S. Keep up the butt-kissing when were complain a little bit. We know you don't mean it, nor will you really do anything to address our concerns. But it feels really good so please don't stop.

Sincerely,
Your Loyal Customer

:iagree: I could not have said it any better myself!;)

31_bandits
09-21-2006, 04:34 PM
WRT Co's post: :mad:

to add to it (thanks for the reminder):

dear dealer,

competitive quotes for installing a front locker are <50% of your quote. However, i'm not going to contest this per our discussion. But i'm not overly happy about it.

To counter that, thanks for treating me like royalty even though i basically always show up completely befouled and in clothes not fit for a trailer court. (its work-time, after all, and i tend to get messy)

fourfourto
09-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Dear Dealer,

Sincerely,
Your Loyal Customer

:rant: My dealer ramp hummer said on a oil change they lube all hinges and grease all fittings.
I started to do my own oil changes(switched to mobil 1) and I noticed they never lubed the hinges e brake, trans cable ect?also there are no grease fittings on the H3 so how could they tell me they greased them if they dont exist.:mad:

And most important my brake noise(groan) when comming to a stop is normal:twak: Yeh maybe normal for a train comming to a stop,why are they idiots.
I feel I know more then them about the H3 and basic mechanic stuff .

Hmmm2
09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
:rant: And most important my brake noise(groan) when comming to a stop is normal:twak: Yeh maybe normal for a train comming to a stop,why are they idiots.

Ohhhhhh roflol!!! So true. When he (service dept) told me that I began laughing, thinking he was making a joke about the noise being 'normal for H3's'. But then I saw he wasn't laughing. I think he thought I bought it... until I went to another dealer's service dept. By the way, fourfourto, as of today, I have driven 1,432 miles since the other dealer fixed my 'groan'. Knock on wood, the groan hasn't returned. :D

Lean Machine
09-21-2006, 10:13 PM
I think my parts dept does from Sewell

A service advisor with Sewell in Dallas told me about the Elcova Hummer Forums. I later checked out the site and became a member

HummBebe
09-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Smart Service guy.....see and aren't they one of the biggest dealers in the country???

CO Hummer
09-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Smart Service guy.....see and aren't they one of the biggest dealers in the country???

You're such a dealer suck-up. You're probably on the Friends Of Dealers list. :D

HummBebe
09-21-2006, 10:46 PM
You're such a dealer suck-up. You're probably on the Friends Of Dealers list. :D

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Damm skippy.

HummBebe
09-21-2006, 10:59 PM
But I do have a little story:

One time (at band camp) no, at the dealership, I was hanging in the lounge waiting for my truck to be finished. Started talking to one of the sales people.

We started talking about Elcova.

I realized I was subtely being scolded. He told me "you guys are mean" :eek: I asked if he meant me....:giggling: he said yes. :eek:

I was floored.

So I started to monitor my posts, in a objective way, sure enough, he was right.

I can be mean :twak:

The Green Lantern
09-21-2006, 11:11 PM
:perfect10s: VIVA El Cova!!!

Sewie
09-21-2006, 11:16 PM
I can be mean :twak:

It tends to be cyclical. :jump:

fourfourto
09-21-2006, 11:18 PM
I hope my dealer reads the stuff here,They might get some needed knowledge.:D
I have been saying nice things here about
RAMP HUMMER
Untill they tell me 6000 miles after they fixed it it is now normal for all H3's to have a grown/grind whatever when coming to a hard stop.But sometimes it does it on a normal stop:confused:

:rant: Warning I will be back (to ramp hummer)in a few weeks read up if you are trolling this sight:mad:

KenP
09-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Uh, all this banter on this thread really helps me make my point.....NOT!!! fukkers:giggling: You're mean.

ROX
09-22-2006, 12:10 AM
I was a the dealership this afternoon, and I noticed that since I've been in about 20gazillion times this year for the front end alone, they all get in a huddle before anyone actually tells me if their going to look at my car. :rolleyes: When I told the service writer that my sway bar had moved about 2 inches this weekend, he said, Before he even looked at it, "they all do it." "My response was "we're not having this conversation." and walked off to console myself over a cup of their coffee. BTW, their cups are the size of a shot glass, and if they're going to keep me coming back for more, they should get bigger cups.

The service technician is as nice as ever, and always will be. As long as I keep him supplied with candies and chocolates.:D :D LUV U RAY!
He only reads the forum every so often. The other guys are way too smart and too cool.

Agriv8r
09-22-2006, 12:24 AM
my dealership is great. they always treat me as if i was running the place. the sales agents cater to my whims, the serice writers respond right away and the mechanics do me little favors whenthey have a few minutes of down time. some of the other owners invite to their houses and out to dinner, yep my dealership is GREAT!!!:giggling:

KenP
09-22-2006, 12:56 AM
my dealership is great. they always treat me as if i was running the place. the sales agents cater to my whims, the serice writers respond right away and the mechanics do me little favors whenthey have a few minutes of down time. some of the other owners invite to their houses and out to dinner, yep my dealership is GREAT!!!:giggling: That's funny. Our local dealer, HALL HUMMER, treats me that way. It's great.:jump: :giggling:

31_bandits
09-22-2006, 03:29 AM
hmmmmm.... i think an opportunity exists here. ;)

dear dealer,

the sub in my caddy (same dealer as hummer) still rattles when i crank it way up, and i'm sick of it. I also cut my hand last time i tried to mess with it, and that sucked.

When i'm done calling hummer to tell them that you guys are the greatest thing since sliced bread, i'm going to call Caddy and...

ROX
09-22-2006, 05:12 AM
That's funny. Our local dealer, HALL HUMMER, treats me that way. It's great.:jump: :giggling:That's so nice. Hopefully your dealer isn't that good at poker, and you can win some money back!:beerchug: :D

f5fstop
09-22-2006, 10:44 AM
I hope my dealer reads the stuff here,They might get some needed knowledge.:D
I have been saying nice things here about
RAMP HUMMER
Untill they tell me 6000 miles after they fixed it it is now normal for all H3's to have a grown/grind whatever when coming to a hard stop.But sometimes it does it on a normal stop:confused:

:rant: Warning I will be back (to ramp hummer)in a few weeks read up if you are trolling this sight:mad:

Be calm...we are still working on this issue. Nothing has been determined, but a few of us are trying to figure out exactly what is making the noise and what the fix will be.

Agriv8r
09-22-2006, 02:56 PM
That's so nice. Hopefully your dealer isn't that good at poker, and you can win some money back!:beerchug: :D

thats not nice. besides I now have a system.. Get there a little late (after a few of the socal shots have been ingested) and everybody seems a little friendlier about giving you their money:beerchug: . but dont let the secret out.

fourfourto
09-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Be calm...we are still working on this issue. Nothing has been determined, but a few of us are trying to figure out exactly what is making the noise and what the fix will be.\

:rant: Im always calm im just venting(ranting):giggling:

Up untill this I was very happy with the dealer and the people there.
If I didnt crash the loaner I would have been able to talk( or went for a ride) with service guy before I picked it up.they were gone by the time I picked it up.

I did try putting the parking brake on (several diferent positions) when brakeing and it still made the noise,so I think it might not be related to the parking brake.Now im thinking outside the box and it kinda sorta feels like maybe a anti lock noise but I dont think so because i beleve the pump is in the front and it seems like the noise mostly comes from rear right.?

At this point I will see what you F5 find out and maybe then the dealer will figure it out if told the problem(or the fix for the problem).
Them saying normal does make me a little mad :mad:

31_bandits
09-22-2006, 05:50 PM
related to things like brakes...

i have wondered sometimes if dealers get some kind of negative kickback if they have alot of warranty calls or do alot of warranty work. maybe some gov't party tracks this for reliability reports and the makers don't want it done, maybe something else?

fourfourto
09-22-2006, 06:55 PM

i have wondered sometimes if dealers get some kind of negative kickback if they have alot of warranty calls or do alot of warranty work. maybe some gov't party tracks this for reliability reports and the makers don't want it done, maybe something else?

Could be :iagree:

cestwick
09-22-2006, 07:19 PM

We do get alot of feedback form GM area rep about to many warranty calls on some things...To many brake jobs engine jobs ect,ect. Just last week the Hummer rep told the Service manager that there are to many warranty repairs on Hummers....H3 front diffs, Halfshaft, ect.. He is saying that the issues on the hummers are "Abuse". we have changed 3 front H3 diffs.By the way just so I am not off topic A couple of us at Hummer of Sioux Falls read the forum.cust:My hummer has a rattleadvisor: We will get right on thatService tech: IT'S A TRUCK

cestwick
09-22-2006, 07:19 PM

We do get alot of feedback form GM area rep about to many warranty calls on some things...To many brake jobs engine jobs ect,ect. Just last week the Hummer rep told the Service manager that there are to many warranty repairs on Hummers....H3 front diffs, Halfshaft, ect.. He is saying that the issues on the hummers are "Abuse". we have changed 3 front H3 diffs.By the way just so I am not off topic A couple of us at Hummer of Sioux Falls read the forum.cust:My hummer has a rattleadvisor: We will get right on thatService tech: IT'S A TRUCK

HummBebe
09-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Just last week the Hummer rep told the Service manager that there are to many warranty repairs on Hummers....H3 front diffs, Halfshaft, ect.. He is saying that the issues on the hummers are "Abuse". we have changed 3 front H3 diffs.

REALLY!?!?!?!?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

KenP
09-22-2006, 10:32 PM
REALLY!?!?!?!?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: X2 That's pretty stupid.

Hmmm2
09-30-2006, 04:56 AM
How many unreturned calls and messages left on voice mail to the Service Manager before you'd begin to get p'd off??? :mad: I don't think he reads Elcova. :mad:

HummBebe
09-30-2006, 05:12 AM
Introduce him to it....start a thread, print it out and mail it.:rant:

Agriv8r
10-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Introduce him to it....start a thread, print it out and mail it.:rant:

this will work, our service writer reads the threads now. he likes the insight/fixes he gets before gm posts them.

KenP
10-01-2006, 08:18 PM
this will work, our service writer reads the threads now. he likes the insight/fixes he gets before gm posts them.Hi Phil. Nice seeing you last week.

You too, Chuck.:giggling: