PDA

View Full Version : A Real Headache please help

AK47
09-23-2006, 05:51 PM
:crying: I have a 2004 H2 with air susp.. now the problem is that that the car thinks the right rear door is not shut , and of course this affects the the air susp..now can anybody tell me how does it know when doors are open and shut , in some trucks , they have a plunger switch , and of course there is none on the H2 so is it a circut ie when all doors are shut it completes , as you can imagine the ass is on the floor , as they air susp....wont work ,,,,i have stripped the door panel off but cant find anything out of the ord...now it would help me a lot ,,,,,,,plus i have a problem with water coming in i think i need to clean all rain channels , can anyone also tell me the bulk head the panel where the windscreen wipers sit i need to get in there i know to pop the to raised lids at each side but i dont know how to get them plastic flush clips out that holds the panel down ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cheers guys

As you can imagine i am in the Czech Republic miles from anywhere

Grant

DDWH
09-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Did you try slamming the door? Mine does that sometimes and I just slam the door a little harder than normal and all is okay again. I know it sounds stupid, but seems to work so far.:D

Dug
09-23-2006, 08:41 PM
I am just guessing. It is somewhere on the flat rod that slides in and out of the door , between the hinges. On the inside of the door a circuit is made when the rod is slid all the way in . Just a guess,

AK47
09-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi guys thanx if its on the flat rod then jesus i never thought to look there , god at the moment i cant bloody open the door from the outside or side jesus , any ideas there ?:yawn:

HUMTECH
09-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Maybe this can help.
<A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=836113&evc=sm&pubid=293&cellId=11706&mspsdsubkey=2328#tab4-836113">Door Latch Assembly-RR

http://service.gm.com/engif/000/000/845/845632.gif
http://service.gm.com/tif.gif (http://service.gm.com/servlets/RetrieveTif?pic=845632)
Connector Part Information

6-Way F SLD AMP (BLK)Pin
Wire Color
Circuit No.
Function
LT GRN/BLK
Right Rear Door Ajar Switch Signal
--
--
Not Used
BLK
Ground
--
--
Not Used
TAN
Door Lock Actuator Unlock Control
GRY
Door Lock Actuator Lock Control
<A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=836113&evc=sm&pubid=293&cellId=11706&mspsdsubkey=2328#tab5-836113">Door Lock Actuator-Liftgate

Ed G.
09-24-2006, 02:14 AM
I think it's the BCM (body control module), same thing happened to me about 2 years ago.

AK47
09-24-2006, 05:38 AM
I think it's the BCM (body control module), same thing happened to me about 2 years ago.
Hi The the BCM

Where is this located on the truck ?

Grant

AK47
09-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi Guys well,,,,,,,,,,hmmm interesting day stipped the door panel off while the door was closed ,nice job that was,,,,,,,,well i think yes, to the BCM,,,,ITS DAM STRANGE the car was fine , then it started doing this **** ,,,,,,,,,christ it wakens the people next door in the middle of night when the alarm goes off, why? because it thinks someone opened the door ,,,,,,,i dont know ,,,,i find it wierd that the air susp ,wont work , because of the door , jesus .
Anyway where is this BCM, what does it look like ?, can i replace it , plus what do they cost? ,,,,,the only thing now is finding someone who will supply me ,,,being over here no one wants to know.
ok a couple of other things while i mind

1 door mirrors yes old prob i think can the little motors be replaced ,is it the motors that fail ? which fuse do they run off?
2 the radio who can tell where i get a conector so that i can use a external cd changer , and yes can this be done with ease,,,,i have in dash 6 player that doeas vot work so i thought i could do this or where can i get a radio '
3 I AM IN EUROPE SO TRAILER electrics are different ,,,,,,,,,point is does anybody know if there is an adapter that will blug in which permits me to hitch a european socket

AK47
09-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi Guys well,,,,,,,,,,hmmm interesting day stipped the door panel off while the door was closed ,nice job that was,,,,,,,,well i think yes, to the BCM,,,,ITS DAM STRANGE the car was fine , then it started doing this **** ,,,,,,,,,christ it wakens the people next door in the middle of night when the alarm goes off, why? because it thinks someone opened the door ,,,,,,,i dont know ,,,,i find it wierd that the air susp ,wont work , because of the door , jesus .
Anyway where is this BCM, what does it look like ?, can i replace it , plus what do they cost? ,,,,,the only thing now is finding someone who will supply me ,,,being over here no one wants to know.
ok a couple of other things while i mind

1 door mirrors yes old prob i think can the little motors be replaced ,is it the motors that fail ? which fuse do they run off?
2 the radio who can tell where i get a conector so that i can use a external cd changer , and yes can this be done with ease,,,,i have in dash 6 player that doeas vot work so i thought i could do this or where can i get a radio '
3 I AM IN EUROPE SO TRAILER electrics are different ,,,,,,,,,point is does anybody know if there is an adapter that will plug in which permits me to hitch a european socket

AK47
09-25-2006, 07:39 PM
God I AM SHOCKED MY HELP NOTES , 181 people have viewed but only 5 replies oh well tough one i guess

Grant

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
09-26-2006, 06:47 AM
AK this is a little far out there but, heard of it once. One way the computer knows if a door is ajar is if the light bulb on the door is off or on, well open or closed circuit I should say. Get My drift?
Check to see if Your door lite is on when opened or still on when closed i should say. If not try changing the bulb. It has something to do with keeping the BCM in sink.

There is another strange happening but, i'm trying to run it down before I bring it up. The first one was one i heard not long ago but, never looked into.
So thought I would throw it out there as You were not getting many suggestions. The door bulb may be crazy but, it was something. If i come up with something else I will jump back in.

TAZ

AK47
09-26-2006, 06:55 AM
Taz

I will check that out today thank you very much

Cheers

Grant

AK this is a little far out there but, heard of it once. One way the computer knows if a door is ajar is if the light bulb on the door is off or on, well open or closed circuit I should say. Get My drift?
Check to see if Your door lite is on when opened or still on when closed i should say. If not try changing the bulb. It has something to do with keeping the BCM in sink.

There is another strange happening but, i'm trying to run it down before I bring it up. The first one was one i heard not long ago but, never looked into.
So thought I would throw it out there as You were not getting many suggestions. The door bulb may be crazy but, it was something. If i come up with something else I will jump back in.

TAZ

AK47
09-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Well it seems i will a BCM Tried everything else , now just for a laugh i contacted the Hummer UK to ask fro price and fitting ,,,,,,,,Now i found a place in the US that sold me the BCM for 182 bucks, postage 25 usd , i get it programed here for around 60 usd, so all in all okay but look at this email

HUMMER UK
[COLOR="Blue"]
Dear Sir, the BCM you have requested is ?345.34 plus VAT and is available
within 48 hours of ordering.
You may also need to know these modules need programming....and can only be
done with the vehicle.
I have the equipment to do it but my computer needs to be connected to the
vehicle with both the old BCM and the new BCM (dammed complicated) The
module cannot be programmed without the vehicle. (Programming is another
?120 plus VAT)
I await you advice
Regards
Chris
You can give me a ring if you like...0161 872 3933[

NOW ITS ABOUT 1.84 USD TO 1 GBP SO ITS 860USD + VAT AT 17.5%

WHAT CROOKS , THESE GUYS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO CRIME STOPPERS

BASICLY GUYS I COULD FIT FOUR H2 WITH BCM FOR THE PRICE OF ONE FROM THESE GUYS ,JESUS

SO I WILL BE PUTTING A NOTICE ON MY WEBSITE THAT ANYBODY GOING TO THESE GUYS NEEDS THERE HEAD EXAMNINED
THIS IS THERE WEBSITE
http://www.bauer-millett.com/controller.php

AK47
09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Well it seems i will buy a BCM Tried everything else , now just for a laugh i contacted the Hummer UK to ask fro price and fitting ,,,,,,,,Now i found a place in the US that sold me the BCM for 182 bucks, postage 25 usd , i get it programed here for around 60 usd, so all in all okay but look at this email

HUMMER UK
[color="Blue"]
done with the vehicle.
?120 plus VAT)
I await you advice
Regards
Chris

BASICLY GUYS I COULD FIT FOUR H2 WITH BCM FOR THE PRICE OF ONE FROM THESE GUYS ,JESUS

SO I WILL BE PUTTING A NOTICE ON MY WEBSITE THAT ANYBODY GOING TO THESE GUYS NEEDS THERE HEAD EXAMNINED
THIS IS THERE WEBSITE

www.euroco-corp.com

AK47
09-26-2006, 06:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it seems i will buy a BCM Tried everything else , now just for a laugh i contacted the Hummer UK to ask fro price and fitting ,,,,,,,,Now i found a place in the US that sold me the BCM for 182 bucks, postage 25 usd , i get it programed here for around 60 usd, so all in all okay but look at this email

HUMMER UK
[color="Blue"]
done with the vehicle.
?120 plus VAT)
I await you advice
Regards
Chris

THIS IS THERE WEBSITE

AK47
10-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Well here is to everybody that gave me advice on the problem thank you guys !!!!i had ,,,,i got the H2 Back today all done and dusted yes the BCM was the problem ,Jesus its a pain in the ass, anyway,,,,,,,now on to the mirrors ,who knows where i can buy the latest ones at a good price,,,,,,,,?

:perfect10s: :jump: :beerchug: :clapping: