PDA

View Full Version : 9007 HID's blinding everyone

trofeo16
09-26-2006, 02:53 AM
I have a 2003 H2. I purchased a set of 9007 HI/LO 8000k HID's and placed them into the stock housing. The Low beams are HID and the Hi beams are halogen. The halogen bulbs are virtually worthless. The low beams are very bright but the light output is scattered and blinds everyone. Is there a replacement lense that I can purchase that would be better suited for HID's. I was thinking 7" hella driving lights? Does anyone have a suggestion for new lenses that works for HID's. If I have to I'll sell the 9007 bulbs are purchase a set of H4 bulbs. Help before I blind everyone.

Beastmaster
09-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Can you provide a picture of what you installed?

I can say from first hand experience that you're going to have to change out the reflector buckets.

trofeo16
09-27-2006, 12:33 AM
I will have to take a picture within the next day or so. Basically its a small halogen bulb mounted next to a hid buld both in the same bulb socket. Do you have any suggestions on what new reflector buckets I can purchase that would be suitable for HID's?

DDWH
09-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Is it some ving ving deal you bought off ebay or at a rice rocket shop? Who is the manufacturer?

trofeo16
09-27-2006, 01:15 AM
The lights are manufactured by Pilot. I purchased them at a stereo shop and they know nothing about replacement parts for hummers. The lights work great its just the lenses don't work well with them. Even if i have to purchase a new set of bulbs to go with the ballasts and new lenses I'm willing to do that. Just need to know which lenses go well with HID's.

trofeo16
09-27-2006, 02:17 AM
While the HID's don't work well, thought everyone might be interested in a pic of mah H2 climbing a rock.http://www.agrltd.net/images/pic000.jpg