PDA

View Full Version : Wheel and Tire Recommendations

LaserMan1982
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
I want to upgrade to low profile tires on either 22 inch wheels or 24 inch. I?m looking for recommendations from the experts on this site.

If you could provide pics, prices and web links that would be awesome:

PARAGON
09-26-2006, 06:00 PM
I want to upgrade to low profile tires on either 22 inch wheels or 24 inch. I?m looking for recommendations from the experts on this site.

If you could provide pics, prices and web links that would be awesome:No

tomp
09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Sure, I would suggest either 22-24" wheels with no less than 40 series mud-terrain tires.

Oh, and they might rub - just a little:jump:

Williarl2001
09-26-2006, 07:25 PM
It's gonna look nice which ever you decide on. But think about this:
Let's just say your doing your girlfriend in the Kmart parking lot and your WIFE rolls thru and spots your rig. You need to make a quick exit and you decide that up and over the curb is your best bet. Then a light bulb goes off in your head that you can't do it without ruining your 5000 dollar wheels. BUSTED. Is your marraige worth a set of low profile wheels:confused:

timgco
09-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Good luck on stopping without a brake upgrade, hitting potholes, speed bumps, and driveability should be great too. I'm sure bumps won't be all that noticeable with rubberband tires.

Mr. I - Man
09-26-2006, 09:54 PM
I want to downgrade to low profile tires on either 22 inch wheels or 24 inch. I?m looking for ridicule from the experts on this site.

If you could hold my hand ,wipe my a$$,could provide pics, prices and web links that would be awesome, because I am too lazy to use the fukking search feature:

:giggling: Fissed

LaserMan1982
09-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Good luck on stopping without a brake upgrade, hitting potholes, speed bumps, and driveability should be great too. I'm sure bumps won't be all that noticeable with rubberband tires.
Good points. I?m not planning on ever taking my H2 off road so I don?t mind some loss of performance but the breaking issue is very concerning to me.

How big of a wheel can I get away with without the breaking issue?

ROX
09-26-2006, 10:17 PM
What kind of Lasers?

Don't know about the wheel issue. sorry.

LaserMan1982
09-26-2006, 11:19 PM
What kind of Lasers?

I don?t know anything about lasers but the name sounded cool :D

Motohead
09-27-2006, 01:49 AM
you people are cruel.... cruel I tell ya...

Laser, I recently put on some 22' KMC Backseats with a 325/50-22 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Still rides smooth, doesn't rub, and haven't noticed any stopping problems. Here in Tampa I really do not have the area to do any offroading...

timgco
09-27-2006, 03:06 AM
Good points. I?m not planning on ever taking my H2 off road so I don?t mind some loss of performance but the breaking issue is very concerning to me.

How big of a wheel can I get away with without the breaking issue?

I'd go no larger than 20's for a daily driver. 18's and 35's is the biggest I've gone personally. I have been in a HUMMER with 22" spinners and the owner upgraded his brakes. $$$$$$

Since it's a street princess and will never see off road, I'd look into tires first to see what sizes are available in the style you want. Someone did have 22's with the limited edition BFG MT tire that looked cool.

You'll have to do search for it though.

Maybe someone from this site is in your area that has a setup like you want and you can go for a ride to see how it's affected before you spend the 3K or more.

Motohead
09-27-2006, 04:54 AM
I honestly have not seen any braking side affects...

Again I don't drive it like a vette though...

MattRoberts123
09-27-2006, 06:42 AM
I just put on the 24x10 dub big homie wheels with the Kumho 37x14x24 Mud Terrain tire... :perfect10s:

WOW!!! It rides great.. handles great... you wouldn't know the stock tires were not on the truck, except you sit up about 2 inches higher than stock... Not to mention, it looks like about the most bad ass & toughest "blinger" that I have ever seen... (atleast in my town) :)

Its way late here and dark out, but I will snap some pics so everyone can see...

Overall, I really haven't noticed a significant performance decrease, braking or acceleration.. I didn't think either were that great on the stock setup anyways.... but I truly do not think brakes would be something you would have to worry about, unless you were really concerned with performance, or drove like a bat out of hell!

I know your typical H2 driver doesn't go for the bling (:twak:), and uses the truck for offroad and more tougher applications... but I am just a cleaned up city guy that wants the biggest and best for my drive to work everyday... I think the an H2 with 24s, 37" mud terrains, and all the billet chrome will allow me to achieve that goal! :) :beerchug:

HummBob
09-27-2006, 08:28 AM
I just put on the 24x10 dub big homie wheels with the Kumho 37x14x24 Mud Terrain tire... :perfect10s:

WOW!!! It rides great.. handles great... you wouldn't know the stock tires were not on the truck, except you sit up about 2 inches higher than stock... Not to mention, it looks like about the most bad ass & toughest "blinger" that I have ever seen... (atleast in my town) :)

Its way late here and dark out, but I will snap some pics so everyone can see...

Overall, I really haven't noticed a significant performance decrease, braking or acceleration.. I didn't think either were that great on the stock setup anyways.... but I truly do not think brakes would be something you would have to worry about, unless you were really concerned with performance, or drove like a bat out of hell!

I know your typical H2 driver doesn't go for the bling (:twak:), and uses the truck for offroad and more tougher applications... but I am just a cleaned up city guy that wants the biggest and best for my drive to work everyday... I think the an H2 with 24s, 37" mud terrains, and all the billet chrome will allow me to achieve that goal! :) :beerchug:

So Matt,

When will we see some PICS!!!!http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/HummBob/wink.gif

emeldahay
09-27-2006, 08:42 AM
So Matt,

When will we see some PICS!!!!http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/HummBob/wink.gif

X2 :popcorn:

MattRoberts123
09-28-2006, 01:20 AM
http://asphalt-fuelsupply.com/images/DSCN02780051_1.jpg

http://asphalt-fuelsupply.com/images/DSCN02790052_1.jpg

http://asphalt-fuelsupply.com/images/DSCN02800053_1.jpg

http://asphalt-fuelsupply.com/images/DSCN02810054_1.jpg

:perfect10s: :beerchug:

Motohead
09-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Matt, we wanted pics, not life-size ones...

I think my computer just crashed...

HummBob
09-28-2006, 03:05 AM
Very Nice MATT :perfect10s:

But you need to do the DRL Mod ;)

Alan06SUT
09-28-2006, 03:59 AM
:lame:

ROX
09-28-2006, 04:40 AM
:lame::twak: