PDA

View Full Version : Senate Climate Change speech - Sept 25.

BlueHUMMERH2
09-26-2006, 09:03 PM
If you think climate change being attributed to humans is a hoax, this article may be of interest to you:

?Hot & Cold Media Spin: A Challenge To Journalists Who Cover Global Warming? (http://epw.senate.gov/speechitem.cfm?party=rep&id=263759)

A excerpt:

MEDIA COVERAGE OF CLIMATE CHANGE:

Many in the media, as I [Senator James Inhofe] noted earlier, have taken it upon themselves to drop all pretense of balance on global warming and instead become committed advocates for the issue.

Here is a quote from Newsweek magazine:

?There are ominous signs that the Earth?s weather patterns have begun to change dramatically and that these changes may portend a drastic decline in food production? with serious political implications for just about every nation on Earth.?

A headline in the New York Times reads: ?Climate Changes Endanger World?s Food Output.? Here is a quote from Time Magazine:

?As they review the bizarre and unpredictable weather pattern of the past several years, a growing number of scientists are beginning to suspect that many seemingly contradictory meteorological fluctuations are actually part of a global climatic upheaval.?

All of this sounds very ominous. That is, until you realize that the three quotes I just read were from articles in 1975 editions of Newsweek Magazine and The New York Times, and Time Magazine in 1974. http://time-proxy.yaga.com/time/archive/printout/0,23657,944914,00.html

They weren?t referring to global warming; they were warning of a coming ice age.

Let me repeat, all three of those quotes were published in the 1970?s and warned of a coming ice age.
:jump:

BlueHUMMERH2
09-26-2006, 09:30 PM
I just read the entire speech. It is soooo long, but very interesting. A voice of reason IMHO.

HummBebe
09-26-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm going to let the kids take this to their Science/Biology Teacher.

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Thanks Blue Hum, I can't tell you haw many times I've told my kids at the dinner table, "Science is not a perfect science" .

The American people know when their intelligence is being insulted. They know when they are being used and when they are being duped by the hysterical left.

Never once bought the global warming theory either.

f5fstop
09-26-2006, 10:07 PM
I agree, a voice of reason, fighting against the voices of ignorance.
Doesn't anyone on the left seem to understand that the earth has had climate changes before, and one may be coming with or without man's help?