PDA

View Full Version : got afew questions on my t-case

4.8t
09-27-2006, 05:39 AM
ok i have a 2004 tahoe with stabilitrac. i know this is more of a h2/h3 site but that is why i'm here. the year i have is an odd year i guess. i have the same rpo code for my transfer case as the h2. it also says borgwarner right on the t-case. i have no 2wd mode its full time 4wd. i have three buttons on my dash the top one is stabilitrac on/off, the next one is "normal" i guess, its what i drive in all the time. then the third is 4lo. so all the regular truck guess are swareing up and down that this thing is nothing more than auto trac. but the options are 4wd with autotrac without stabilitrack or awd with stabilitrac. its not the denali awd t-case because those guys don't have 4-lo. so the only thing i can come up with is that i have the h2 t-case. what do you guys think? i have broke traction one good time in this thing and when it did it was the front tire that broke free and i was turning out of a parking lot. in auto trac the rear has to loose traction before the front engage so this is another reason i think its not "just a form of auto trac". and one more good one. with my tahoe on a lift (swing arm type where tire dangle) with the tranny in park and t-case in normal i can spin the rear drive shaft and all four wheels will turn. the front tire go in oposite direction then the back tires. kinda like if you have an open diff in a rear end and you spin one tire and the other goes the other way. the auto trac guy can't do that. not sure if any one here has tried that or not.