PDA

View Full Version : Who has best pricing on Fabtech tie rods???

Cesardajr
09-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Since so many have bought the fabtech tie rods, can you tell me who has them at the best price?
Thanks

CO Hummer
09-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Since so many have bought the fabtech tie rods, can you tell me who has them at the best price?
Thanks

I'm not sure if they have them, but Wal*Mart generally sells a wide array of products at reasonable prices.

PARAGON
09-28-2006, 09:07 PM
www.trailduty.com

KenP
09-28-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure if they have them, but Wal*Mart generally sells a wide array of products at reasonable prices.Snicker...snicker.....

mrmayhem
09-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Trail Duty for 230. You can also try printing it out from trail duty and bringing it to your local 4 wheel shop and see if they can come close. Thus avoiding shipping costs.

DDWH
09-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Or the other way around, print out what someone else can do and ask them to better it ;)

:iagree: I read on the trailduty site, they will meet or beat if they can so I would assume first off you will save on tax right off the bat unless you live in Texas!:dancingbanana:

I must say I have bought from them before and they get the big...:perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s: :beerchug:

AJ111
09-29-2006, 02:28 AM
The Fabtech tie rod suck you should look at cognito motorsports
Fabtech used the same weak ball joints (inner and outer) with billit aluiminum tie rod.
Cognito uses a 1 inch steel tube with hyme joints on both ends.I have them ad I am happy with them

mrmayhem
09-29-2006, 05:07 AM
Most all other brands sure look better and stronger.. but require you to drill out near the pivot points. This is fine...but I wouldn't do it. And then what will you do when you break one and need a spare? (like the bullet proof ones). Buy two sets? nah.
The reason I said to see if the local shop could come close to trail duty.. is my local shop said their cost from fabtech was 240. So i'm not sure how trail duty has them cheaper.. unless they make up for it in the outrageous shipping.
I paid 240. and had them in my hands. So I really can't complain.

dochummer
09-29-2006, 05:58 AM
The reason I said to see if the local shop could come close to trail duty.. is my local shop said their cost from fabtech was 240. So i'm not sure how trail duty has them cheaper.. unless they make up for it in the outrageous shipping.
I paid 240. and had them in my hands. So I really can't complain.

No outrageous shipping when I ordered. I definately give trailduty a :perfect10s:

It's surprising that your local shop would sell them to you at cost.... :(

DRTYFN
09-29-2006, 07:16 AM
Fabtech used the same weak ball joints (inner and outer) with billit aluiminum tie rod.
Cognito uses a 1 inch steel tube with hyme joints on both ends.I have them ad I am happy with them

So funny how you tried to hide with your first IP and then f*cked up and gave up a real one the second time. :OWNED: How is Oceanside, BTW?

Too bad you don't know sh*t about ball joints either.:giggling:

PARAGON
09-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Cognito uses a 1 inch steel tube with hyme joints on both ends.I have them ad I am happy with themCognito doesn't use hyme joints

PARAGON
09-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Most all other brands sure look better and stronger.. but require you to drill out near the pivot points. This is fine...but I wouldn't do it. And then what will you do when you break one and need a spare? (like the bullet proof ones). Buy two sets? nah.
I paid 240. and had them in my hands. So I really can't complain.I'm guessing your local shop lied to you about the cost?

Trail duty charges you actual shipping costs. They don't even charge one of those handling charges.

CO Hummer
09-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Heim joints are problematic, especially off-road. Fabtech do not use the same ball joints as stock, they use larger ones. There is no aluminum in the Fabtech tie rods.

Other than that, he was spot on! Haha.

:D :D :D :OWNED:

mrmayhem
09-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Well you never really know... they said 230 was below their cost. So.. Its a good thing I had on my shopping clothes... it got me their cost (or so they say).

MDimitri
09-30-2006, 03:21 AM
Okay Stop fooling around... The best damn tie rods on the planet are here: $549.00 And forget about em!!

http://213.251.166.60/emo/baston/205.gif http://bulletproofsteering.com/img96.gif http://jeep.flipp.net/articles/steering_images/image004.gif http://213.251.166.60/emo/baston/206.gif
http://bulletproofsteering.com/gmifstierod.html

mrmayhem
10-01-2006, 03:44 AM
They are sure nice... but I don't like this part...

3. You next need to drill out the taper in the knuckle and pitman arm to accept the new, much stronger
straight non-tapered bolt included in the kit.

dochummer
10-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey Phil, got the tierods installed. Only took me an hour...and half the time had to wait for the right tools :) Really simple install. It's at the alignment shop right now, and they'll double check the torque on everything. Thanks again for getting those to me so quickly!

PHILD ROCKS!!!! :jump:
:perfect10s::clapping:

mrmayhem
10-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Put mine on tonight.. not hard at all.. just had to go buy a larger wrench to put the Fabtechs on.
I haven't taken in for alignment yet... but I measured the old rods down to the millimeter.. and set the new Fabtechs to the same before I installed. The steering wheel is dead center, wheels straight and does not pull to either side.
I'm debating on just geting it done at the shop as a precaution.
I also took pics of the entire removal and install if anyone needs them for reference.

dochummer
10-06-2006, 06:47 AM
The alignment shop said that they were pretty close. Of course, when I got the vehicle back, I noticed the steering wheel was sitting at 11 oclock... :( Debating if I should take it back, or just adjust the tierods myself...

mrmayhem
10-06-2006, 05:37 PM
If you took it for an alignment I would take it back! you paid for it.. it should be done right.
I'm about to call my dealer to see if they can do it.

mrmayhem
10-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks Phil.... This was my first time changing the tie rods.. and first attempt at alignment... Even though after the installation of the Fabtechs... it was dead on. It shouldn't be this easy... there must be some major mistake! Beginners luck?:D

mrmayhem
10-06-2006, 11:03 PM
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31408&d=1160171677

mrmayhem
10-06-2006, 11:03 PM
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31414&d=1160171743