PDA

View Full Version : Might need new H2 sooner

PARAGON
09-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Might have to get something sooner than expected.:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

After some hard wheeling a month or so ago, I was heading down the Interstate towing a Jeep behind me on a trailer. Not only was the wheeling pretty hard, it was extremely dusty out. So as we are tooling along, I get a check engine light. We stop and check it and it's some Mass Air Flow sensor code.

Reset and go on and the code is thrown again a few more times over the past month ( I don't put many miles on my truck - 08/02 with less than 35K )

Decided today to take a look at it, and apparently back when my A/C went out on the way to K-rocks a few months ago, they took the intake tube off. When they reinstalled it, they folded over the rubber gasket where the MAF mates to the air box and there was a bad wrinkle in the rubber gasket. The MAF was throwing the code because it was getting surges of different air pressure as the truck torqued, I assume, and pulled on the gasket opening up and letting air through.

UN_****ING_FILTERED AIR:mad: :rant: :mad: :rant: :mad: :rant:

I better not have to stop in Waco again anytime soon or they are going to have another mofo Waco on their hands.

timgco
09-29-2006, 12:00 AM
That blows! Sorry to hear that.

mikejr
09-29-2006, 12:50 AM
sons a bitches.....thats all i can say....sons a bitches.....

NSANE
09-29-2006, 04:04 AM
That does suck, in a bad way!:mad:

dochummer
09-29-2006, 05:59 AM
OUCH! Time for a Duramax upgrade! :)

PARAGON
09-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Mine was like that after the dealer did the 15k service. 30k miles later no problems.

It is really to do, and extra care needs to be taken when putting the intake tube back on.That would explain the blue smoke coming out of you........... ummmmm

nevermind,

really? no problems.:jump:

H2 GTS
09-29-2006, 04:40 PM
UN_****ING_FILTERED AIR:mad: :rant: :mad: :rant: :mad: :rant:

I don't understand, Un-Filtered Air is organic and nutrient rich just as God had intended. So called Filtered-Air may have been altered in the process and lacks the nutrients your V8 needs. Who knows what harsh petroleum derived chemicals left-over from the filtermaking process, make their way into every breath your engine takes. Go natural. Every filter you buy contributes to the Global Warming of the Holes in the Ground-level Ozone Layer.

PARAGON
09-29-2006, 04:49 PM
I don't understand, Un-Filtered Air is organic and nutrient rich just as God had intended. So called Filtered-Air may have been altered in the process and lacks the nutrients your V8 needs. Who knows what harsh petroleum derived chemicals left-over from the filtermaking process, make their way into every breath your engine takes. Go natural. Every filter you buy contributes to the Global Warming of the Holes in the Ground-level Ozone Layer.

I was in your neck of the woods when it started throwing MAF codes.

Can you post your address, so I can have a place to go steal... umm.. er.. borrow parts in case I break some in a couple of weeks. Coming back over to Bham to do more vehicular damage.

CO Hummer
09-29-2006, 04:59 PM
:mad: It's shame you can't rely on repair shops or dealers (or even Jiffy Lube for that matter).

I can help you out if you need anything welded. ;)

H2 GTS
09-29-2006, 05:06 PM
I was in your neck of the woods when it started throwing MAF codes.

Can you post your address, so I can have a place to go steal... umm.. er.. borrow parts in case I break some in a couple of weeks. Coming back over to Bham to do more vehicular damage.

Yeah that sucks though. You think it is worrisome to have people work on your truck these days, try having them work on your airplane. we have had engines ingest airfilters that were not secured properly or installed inside out. A 550 cubic inch 6 cylinder will suck the filter right down into the cylinder in a flash

PARAGON
09-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah that sucks though. You think it is worrisome to have people work on your truck these days, try having them work on your airplane. we have had engines ingest airfilters that were not secured properly or installed inside out. A 550 cubic inch 6 cylinder will suck the filter right down into the cylinder in a flash

about that address ;) :D

HummBob
09-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Here ya go PARAGON. Your NEW Rig http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/HummBob/thumbsup.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hummer-H2-2006-HUMMER-H2-DURAMAX-DIESEL-500HP-23-MPG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43913QQihZ019QQitem Z290034694523QQrdZ1

H3HUMMER
09-29-2006, 08:06 PM
I think this one is better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hummer-H2-2004-HUMMER-H2-Low-Reserve_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43913QQihZ001QQ itemZ110033536758QQrdZ1

:jump:

:perfect10s:

HummBob
09-29-2006, 09:47 PM
I think this one is better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hummer-H2-2004-HUMMER-H2-Low-Reserve_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43913QQihZ001QQ itemZ110033536758QQrdZ1

:jump:

:perfect10s:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/HummBob/finger.gifhttp://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/HummBob/raspberry.gif

timgco
09-29-2006, 09:58 PM
:mad: It's shame you can't rely on repair shops or dealers (or even Jiffy Lube for that matter).

I can help you out if you need piano or sewing lessons.. ;)

FIXED!:giggling:

PARAGON
09-30-2006, 02:00 PM
It get's worse

Drove to the farm yesterday and was turning around to back in to a spot. It's a little drop and I was wheels cut full to driver. Had a clunk.

Been having a clunk and it felt like the skid plate as before.

This time I felt it strong in the steering. Got to going back and forth between Drive and Reverse and it was clunking bad. Crawled under while someone else shifted back and forth and the DS output shaft is where it is coming from. Was hoping it was CV related but I swear most of the movement seem to occur near the Diff

Really "acts" like the inboard CV is going out but it gives you the illusion that the output shaft on the diff "wobbles" around when you go from D to R and back and forth. But, there is no leaking of fluid there.

Will investigate it further when I get back to the house.:rolleyes: