PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen my XM radio?

timgco
09-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Becasue I lost it! :mad:

I was driving down the road today listem to XM and than #$it! ZERO XM!

So I switch through the bands AM, FM1,FM2, CD, and than no XM option anymore. WTF?

So I get home and call XM to make sure my account is paid for, Yep, sure is: good through next June. Their tech. tells me XM info has been lost with the radio and will need to be "re-programed." She said the radio lost the information some how but could not explain as to why.

So I called the HUMMER Dealer Service dept. They said they will have to plug the tech II in to upload new info. They were also not sure why it was lost.

Anyone else have this on an 06 Nav Radio.

MattRoberts123
10-01-2006, 12:22 AM
I had the exact prob on an 05 Tahoe I had with the Nav radio. Oddly enough, I just turned the car off and on a few times, and it eventually came back as an option...

??? Not sure how or why, but that was my fix

-Matt

KenP
10-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Tim, go out and try it. Hurry!!!!

timgco
10-01-2006, 01:34 AM
Tried it.
Tried discon. the XM receiver.
Tried the battery also.

BTW- It came on for twenty seconds or so with interupted singnal and than went back to $%it!

NO XM:crying: :crying: :crying:

KenP
10-01-2006, 01:36 AM
Tried it.
Tried discon. the XM receiver.
Tried the battery also.

BTW- It came on for twenty seconds or so with interupted singnal and than went back to $%it!

NO XM:crying: :crying: :crying:Try it again, Tim. Try it again.:popcorn:

datapimp69
10-01-2006, 03:52 AM
NO XM:crying: :crying: :crying:

it just give you an excuse to get a REAL satellite provider.

timgco
10-01-2006, 04:43 AM
it just give you an excuse to get a REAL satellite provider.

If Sirius would have been an option at the time, I would have chose that for sure. I have that in the H3. LOVE IT!

So for now, i'm just suffering with FM.

FM + moutains= suck!

PARAGON
10-01-2006, 04:14 PM
When your XM receiver is not sending signals to the radio, the radio "senses" this and does not show XM as a band option.

It could be in the wiring harness between the XM receiver and the radio.

DeBest
10-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Last night we had an extreme rain storm and something in the truck shorted out in the rain and the battery was dead immediately so I had to have a buddy jump the battery for me. When the radio (06 Nav) powered back up the xm was gone and it was showing the Ipod on both the xm bands instead of on the changer

NSANE
10-01-2006, 10:53 PM
I never had XM before the Hummer, but now I don't think I could live without it!

timgco
10-04-2006, 11:16 PM
UPDATE: Dealer took the Tech II and "relearned" the info to the head unit. now it works. At first he tried blaming the use of the Sirius Antenna we isntalled and I said than why is there no XM option? If it were an antenna issues, it just wouldn't have come in, but not deleted the XM option.

so they ordered up a new XM receiver.

Since they "relearned" (I'm not sure wth that really means) I now have XM again without reception issues at all.

So some way, some how, (from the info I got from the dealer) the head unit lost info that it had an XM receiver to talk with

OR

did the XM receiver stop transmitting to the head unit.

I'm still confused as to waht really happened, but I do know I am getting anew receiver.

ASTAR
10-05-2006, 08:52 AM
I had to disconnect my battery today to install my new steering wheel and when I hooked it back up, I had the same problem. I have the Sirius tuner hooked up and it shows up as XM on my headunit. It was gone. It just went through FM and AM. I disconnected the Sirius tuner (unpluged it) and hooked it back up and it worked perfect again. Simple fix. It also did the same thing once when I pulled the radio fuse to program the Hypertech as well. Same simple fix.