PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic AVIC Z1 Question

H2bill
10-02-2006, 07:32 AM
I had a Z1 installed in my '06 H2 and so far I am pleased with it. But I have one question: Is there anyway to dim the screen at night (in map mode)? Driving from San Diego to Oregon the other night, I ended up putting a towel over it so it wouldn't affect my night vision. I looked through the manual and couldn't find anyway to do it. On the Lowrance nav system I have on my motorcycle, there's about five levels of brightness/dimming which really makes it nice for night time operation. Any ideas?

blockrockin
10-02-2006, 01:02 PM
hi i also have one... its a pioneer z1 . it should dim when your lights come on if it was installed correctly... here is a great websight for the z1 . im sure someone their could help you out.! check it out!

http://www.avic411.com/forum/

kodiakz
10-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Make sure you have the 12v dimmer wire connected correctly.

H2bill
10-03-2006, 08:34 AM
hi i also have one... its a pioneer z1 . it should dim when your lights come on if it was installed correctly... here is a great websight for the z1 . im sure someone their could help you out.! check it out!

http://www.avic411.com/forum/

Thanks for the link. I will have to check into the dimmer wire connection. Does anyone know if the H2 automatic headlights work the same with the dimmer function?

zeros
10-03-2006, 01:06 PM
yeah mine works great .. i tapped into the dimmer wires that go to the shifter light beside the shiffter , works great and easy to get to .. your 12 v dimmer wire is probably not hooked up .. its easy to do. let me know if you have any questions.

MattRoberts123
10-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I have the Z1 and have the SAME problem... really hurts my eyes while driving at night!

I know I have the illumination wire right, because it turns to night mode, but it doesn't appear to be dimming and really does hurt my eyes..

Let me know if you come up with a good solution!

Thanks!

BradO
10-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Worst case, press V (next to the load disc button) on the head unit and manually dim the screen.

f5fstop
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Worst case, press V (next to the load disc button) on the head unit and manually dim the screen.
Dang, I didn't know that....:clapping: