PDA

View Full Version : Service includes, what?

W1N
10-02-2006, 02:38 PM
What does the basic service include? Oil change? I'm closing in on my first service now :D

W1N
10-03-2006, 05:34 AM
I'll save you the trouble of looking in your owners manual ;)

Oil/Filter Change
Chassis Lube
Rotate/Inspect Tires
Inspect Brakes
Check Engine Coolant
Check Air Filter

Thanks! Reading the manual has been always troublesome anyway :clapping:

Does the engine oil life go back to 100% automatically when you do the change oil? Or do you have to set is somewhere by programmer?

btw, do you guys do the service yourselves?

W1N
10-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Again, I'll save you from reading the manual ;) Display the oil life and hold the reset button (the one that looks like a the return key on your keyboard) for 5 seconds.

Yes, just because I know everything will be done that way.

Thank again!

Do you know how the computer determins the engine oil life? What would happen if you just reseted it without chaingin oil. Would it be able to recognize old oil and show the oil life acconrdingly? And the same way with new oil, that is can always show right oil life?

thanks!!!

W1N
10-06-2006, 07:54 AM
No, it does not do a chemical analysis of the oil or anything that sophisticated. It is simply based on mileage and driving conditions. Ot does not monitor oil level either, so it is worth checking from time to time.

So it is just like an independent indicator for the driver???

Lean Machine
10-06-2006, 04:54 PM
W1N,
How are the 22'' rim and tire setup working for you? Any issues with rubbing yet?

W1N
10-07-2006, 03:05 PM
W1N,
How are the 22'' rim and tire setup working for you? Any issues with rubbing yet?
No issues, little rubbing, but nothing that really bothers me at all. I definately would recommend those rubbers to anybody, they are really good looking. Now that winter is on the way, I'm little sceptical about the perfomance on ice and snow. I'll let you know how it turns out though :clapping:

I plan to put out more pictures as I get it done, but too much work lately to try to that...