PDA

View Full Version : Fix for failing remote control key fob

GeorgeSSSS
10-02-2006, 09:14 PM
My key fob started gradually failing; then it stopped working. I put in a new battery, but no improvement.

I pulled the fob apart, took out the switching unit from the plastic case and pulled off the rubber facing. I took a close look at the two black rubber dots on the under side of the rubber facing that press down on the circuit board and noticed they had become very slightly grooved or stained (couldn't tell which, but I could see lines that corresponded to the surface of the circuit board). I took the end of a screwdriver and gently scraped the surface of both dots clean and cleaned the scraping dust out of the surrounding facing. Then I reassembled it.

It took about 5 minutes (after 30 minutes of experimenting with other things) and now the remote is working like when it was new.

Hope this helps some of you save some bucks.

Best regards,

George SSSS

Sombra
10-02-2006, 10:14 PM
I had one that was also acting up. I just paid $38 for 2 new FOB's. Threw the old one out, had lost one a bit ago. Got it from http://www.usautolock.com/ :perfect10s:

Fast and painless.

GAS

timgco
10-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks, I have two like this and will give it a shot. It's a good thing i have 4 extra ones.:D