PDA

View Full Version : Glacier Blue Limited Edition Review

Hummer Guy
10-03-2006, 05:26 PM
The latest in Hummer?s run of limited edition H2s is the new 2007 Glacier Blue. The new package has many of the same features as earlier limited editions. Notably the carbon fiber dash kit, rear view camera, and rear seat entertainment. Some options were removed from the package like the color matched tail-lamp guards and the brush guard. However some new items never seen on a Limited Edition from Hummer have appeared: Chrome side vents and a chrome hood panel. These look pretty good, but I was a little disappointed to see Hummer use plastic instead of real chrome pieces like the hood handles. They did add real chrome rear tow-hooks, but kept the black bolt that attaches them. The rear-seat entertainment also got an upgrade ? no longer is the single DVD player taking up all the center console space ? the new system is dual DVD contained in the front two headrests. The color is pretty decent looking in the sun ? but I would bet the color would be preferred by females. It almost has that Miami-Vice feel to the color ? and I could picture Don Johnson climbing out of the driver?s seat in a matching sport-coat. One cool part is the new wheel. At first this wheel looked a little busy, but after seeing in polished, its a pretty nice ?bling? option that is factory approved. Hummer is unique since all of their wheels must go through the normal tests for a GM vehicle, but then need to be tested for extreme off-roading. Overall I like it better than the previous limited editions, as I was not a big fan of the tail lamp guards and brush guard ? I?m guessing Florida, especially southern Florida, will see the biggest sales numbers for this particular vehicle.

Vettster
10-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Sounds cool!
Where can we see some photos?
It's not up on the web site yet.

Tread Lightly! (over hummersters face!)

CO Hummer
10-03-2006, 06:51 PM

Lean Machine
10-03-2006, 07:54 PM

http://www.hummerguy.net

Use the link provided in the original message for a picture

usetosellhummer
10-03-2006, 08:10 PM
the color is gross

geeroy10
10-03-2006, 08:43 PM
the color is gross
:iagree:

timgco
10-03-2006, 09:01 PM
I think I may have seen the ugliest HUMMER color ever put on the planet..:fdance: HUMMER to another ugly a$$ color.:D

DDWH
10-03-2006, 09:09 PM
They should have called it "PUKE BLUE"!

timgco
10-03-2006, 09:30 PM
They should have called it "PUKE BLUE"!
:twak:
NO! They should have called it PRIUS BLUE.

I cannot believe they launched that color! Barf! I thought they were also bringing back the red too.

Alan06SUT
10-03-2006, 10:24 PM
:twak:
NO! They should have called it PRIUS BLUE.

I cannot believe they launched that color! Barf! I thought they were also bringing back the red too.

:jump: :lame:

I think it has those lowsy Goodyears on it too. FUKK bling editions, how about an H2 Alpha PKG w/ front lockers, 37's, beefed up front end (tie rods, diff and shafts), better skid plates, black wheels, winch, etc.

f5fstop
10-03-2006, 10:27 PM
I understand colors are subjective, but I have to agree, it is an ugly color. I sometime wonder about these people in marketing who decide on the colors.:(

Alan06SUT
10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
I understand colors are subjective, but I have to agree, it is an ugly color. I sometime wonder about these people in marketing who decide on the colors.:(

Go yell at them for us please:rant: :rant: :rant:

timgco
10-03-2006, 10:54 PM

I'm wondering about these people too. Were they eating a bowl of Lucky Charms and looked at the blue marshmellows and say "WOW, that's a great idea."

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way dirrecting this comment at or to offend color blind people or CO HUMMER.... but damn. Are they colorblind? That's baby blue, robin egg blue, a pastel color, a color that belongs on a hand knitt sweater from the 80's that CO HUMMER is sewing at this very moment.

I'm sure this color will help HUMMER sales.:rant: Can I get a job there on whatever board makes these executive descisions? Where do i send my Resume?

BlueHUMMERH2
10-04-2006, 12:16 AM
I saw this color in person during the Homecoming in South Bend. I rather liked it. I think it looks much better in person.

ipeefreely
10-04-2006, 12:17 AM
mmm lucky charms...

Dug
10-04-2006, 01:35 AM
I saw this color in person during the Homecoming in South Bend. I rather liked it. I think it looks much better in person.

It has to look better, it couldnt look any worse. :D

Agriv8r
10-04-2006, 01:54 AM
:iagree:

KenP
10-04-2006, 02:07 AM

I think it has those lowsy Goodyears on it too. FUKK bling editions, how about an H2 Alpha PKG w/ front lockers, 37's, beefed up front end (tie rods, diff and shafts), better skid plates, black wheels, winch, etc.That would make too much sense to use.

KenP
10-04-2006, 06:14 AM
GM have decided to leave that market all to Jeep :crying:Then I guess it's time to get one.

But don't rule GM out entirely...

:excited:

frenzy1
10-04-2006, 06:58 AM
http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newsshorts/06june/h2_sut.jpg

http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newsshorts/06june/hummer_2007.asp

Vettster
10-04-2006, 04:34 PM

I think it has those lowsy Goodyears on it too. FUKK bling editions, how about an H2 Alpha PKG w/ front lockers, 37's, beefed up front end (tie rods, diff and shafts), better skid plates, black wheels, winch, etc.

And a hotter engine.
Make you wonder why one of the aftermarket tuners (DRM or Lingenfelter) hasn't come up with something like this.
It would be expensive, but very cool.

CO Hummer
10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Since everyone hates this color, I might just have to get one.

BTW - I heard the new 4Dr Jeep Rubi will come in only pink and desert sand, chick colors. ;) :D

CO Hummer
10-04-2006, 06:19 PM
and what do you think yellow is? ;) :D :D

Phil, You obviously have a yellow fettish. Treat it like your meatspin fettish and get some help, please! :D

mikejr
10-05-2006, 01:40 AM
i think i need to see it in person to pass judgement on the new color....photos tell a 1000 words....but seeing in person is believing...cant come down too hard on the hummer folks....i kinda like my slate blue metallic......

Boss Hoss
10-05-2006, 03:13 AM
Hey lookie there...H3 rims(at least it looks it to me ). That color is terrible as well....too feminine.

f5fstop
10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Won't be long before there is a pink H2 directly from GM:fdance:

NJ H2
10-06-2006, 03:19 AM
Gaycier Blue :giggling:

http://www.hummerguy.net/wp-content/GlacierBlueHummerH2002copy.jpg

Hummer Guy
10-06-2006, 04:06 AM
Won't be long before there is a pink H2 directly from GM:fdance:
You see that article in "Edge"?:D

timgco
10-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Gaycier Blue :giggling:

http://www.hummerguy.net/wp-content/GlacierBlueHummerH2002copy.jpg

I just noticed there is no LE brushguard in that pic or a color matched grille.