PDA

View Full Version : Clock keeps resetting?

mmayo
10-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I recently replaced the battery in my H2 with a Redtop Ultima. A few weeks after I did, the clock would reset when I would unlock/start it up after it had been sitting for a period of a few hours. Anyone have any idea what the cause could be?

f5fstop
10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
I have an idea...
go out and see if you can spin one of the battery cables slightly. If so, tighten. Usually, a clock resetting or a radio resetting and the vehicle starting is a good indication one of the cables is lose.

mmayo
10-04-2006, 12:33 AM
That seems to have been the prob.....thanks

PARAGON
10-04-2006, 12:36 AM
If it's the stock battery, it might not just be that the cable is loose, it might be that the post is broken. Quite common on the stock batteries.

AK47
10-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I have an idea...
go out and see if you can spin one of the battery cables slightly. If so, tighten. Usually, a clock resetting or a radio resetting and the vehicle starting is a good indication one of the cables is lose.

Well i agree bare arms ,my country which is Scotland ,gun crime has increased 100% ,,,,but when you call for the police they only come armed with a batton ,,,,now i deal in arms , so you can only think of the bull**** i have to put up with , nevertheless i live in the Czech Republic , and have a firearms permit , any way all the way ......

Grant :beerchug:

PARAGON
10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Well i agree bare arms ,my country which is Scotland ,gun crime has increased 100% ,,,,but when you call for the police they only come armed with a batton ,,,,now i deal in arms , so you can only think of the bull**** i have to put up with , nevertheless i live in the Czech Republic , and have a firearms permit , any way all the way ......

Grant :beerchug: WTF?????????

f5fstop
10-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Guess he was referring to my signature....:clapping:

KenP
10-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Guess he was referring to my signature....:clapping:Whew... I thought my brain jumped threads...:giggling:

We had a loose cable in Moab last year after someone replaced it and didn't tighten up all the cables.:giggling: :shhh:

f5fstop
10-04-2006, 10:43 PM
I did it myself on the H3 due to those cam bolts they use for tightening the cable such big time. Clock reset once...thought I was nuts, clock reset twice, I checked the cable. :clapping:

murf
10-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Guess he was referring to my signature....:clapping:
I'm glad you figured that out, thought maybe I had missed something :)