PDA

View Full Version : DO THE DOORS COME OFF OF THESE TURDS???

BlueTJCO
10-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Yep:clapping:

BlueTJCO
10-03-2006, 10:36 PM
oops

BlueTJCO
10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
:perfect10s:

lotus4s
10-03-2006, 11:13 PM
That's pretty cool. :iagree:

BlueHUMMERH2
10-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Haha, wow, that's interesting. I like it.

KenP
10-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Haha, wow, that's interesting. I like it.Me too.:clapping:

Vettster
10-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Me too.:clapping:
:iagree:
Me three!

The Green Lantern
10-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Nice!....but I like it with the doors on. :beerchug:

Wisha Haddan H3
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
That's a good truck no doubt about it. I like the option of no doors, half doors or full doors, and the open top is sweet.

hmrlvr
10-18-2006, 01:46 AM
I can't believe theres no comment regarding "using the back door". You guys are letting me down.

KenP
10-18-2006, 06:07 AM
I can't believe theres no comment regarding "using the back door". You guys are letting me down.It's a swing-away like the 3's.

31_bandits
10-18-2006, 07:15 AM
as a general rule, i really like blue jeans

Vettster
10-18-2006, 02:26 PM
:iagree:
Me three!

Hey, Somebody blew your doors off!:giggling:

wpage
10-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Looks like the doors blow off and they been eaten lots of broccoli:D

Scouts Out
10-25-2006, 11:54 PM
I keep having nice things to say about Jeeps I probably risk a beating but I like these, esp the Rubicon version, esp with the top off and doors off. was chatting with a guy who had driven it to the store and we were parked next to each other, we each agreed we both had great vehicles

KenP
10-26-2006, 12:21 AM
I keep having nice things to say about Jeeps I probably risk a beating but I like these, esp the Rubicon version, esp with the top off and doors off. was chatting with a guy who had driven it to the store and we were parked next to each other, we each agreed we both had great vehiclesThe Rubi rocks!

hmcoleap
10-26-2006, 04:32 AM
Pay attention GM... if the H4 doesn't look something like this, you are making a mistake.

Doors and roof off is the way to go!

DRTYFN
10-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Those 4dr Jeeps remind me of the shuttle rigs from Fantasy Island.:giggling:

CO Hummer
10-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Those 4dr Jeeps remind me of the shuttle rigs from Fantasy Island.:giggling:

:D :D :D :clapping:

hmcoleap
10-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Not fair comparing the Rubi model to the base price of an H3; Base model 4-dr Wrangler is about $21k. Base model H3 is about $29k.

The Rubi should be compared against a loaded H3 w/locker etc.

Think they've already missed out to some extent, a 4dr Rubi JK is priced directly against an H3.

It doesn't make sense to have a H4 competing against a H3, so unless the H4 is better than (or comparable to) the Rubi and lower priced, then they've already missed out to some extent.

A soft top version is a must though, if they are to have any chance of appealling to the low end JK buyer.

KenP
10-27-2006, 05:17 PM
I'd say it is fair, they are priced pretty much the same. However, even a comparison against a "loaded" H3, would just show that the Rubi is better value ;)

But that was not the point I was making. They are kind of different vehicles aimed at different markets, so any comparison is not totally right. The point was that if the H4 is to compete with the JK then an entry level will need to be around the same price, which may put a fully spec'd H4 at the same price point as a Rubi, which would then have the H4 competing for the same business as an H3. However, as I said the Rubi and JK are different vehicles with different markets, and the H4 may well be different enough so as there is no direct competition between vehicles of the same brand.Are you knocking the H3, boy?!?!?! Me and my H3 homies will have to kick your ass!!!! Don't go knockin' our 3's man!!!! I'm not kidding... I'm serious!!! They're getting ready to get you!!!!:p

PARAGON
10-27-2006, 05:36 PM
I agree with Phil here. The 4 door JK is the competitor to the H3, Rubi version or not. The 4 door Rubi is marketed towards a different person than the other 4 door JKs. GM, really doesn't do this well with the Hummer lines.

The promise of Alpha versions hinted at this, but the problem was that it might go the complete opposite direction and make them more streetable Alphas and not more capable off-roaders.

The H4 should be aligned more closely to a 2 door type JK. The smaller, more nimble, trail friendly Hummer. Even a shorter wheelbase will improve the overall Hummer perception in the offroad community. Jeeps sells because it has an offroad reputation. Hummer sells because it had an offroad reputation, but has dumped the basis for that. GM has to stand on it's own with the vehicles it produces if it plans on continuing to produce and market the "Hummer" as it has done with the H2 and H3.

A serious off-roader that competes directly with the 2 door JK type and soundly defeats FJs and other smaller competitors that will come along, is simply required of the H4.

In hindsight, though, GM has had a history of not seeing the forest for the trees. Selling vehicles this year taking precedent over keeping a brand true and viable has been the norm.

usetosellhummer
10-27-2006, 05:46 PM
no more x bling wagons pleeez GM, the H4 better be all of thee above and I like the doors off deal. Question, when will the first lawsuit be filed by a accident vic in a new Jeep?

KenP
10-27-2006, 05:51 PM
no more x bling wagons pleeez GM, the H4 better be all of thee above and I like the doors off deal. Question, when will the first lawsuit be filed by a accident vic in a new Jeep?Doors have come off them for years.

Frankly, I wouldn't drive on the street without them. I don't think....

PARAGON
10-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Doors have come off them for years.

Frankly, I wouldn't drive on the street without them. I don't think....sure you would

I had the top and doors off my YJ and an old lady hit my PS rock rail just at the door and got my rear tire, spinning me 90 degrees. I ran off the road, hopping the curb, through some business' bushes, cross their driveway and just before going into a deep creek on the other side before I got it stopped.

I was sideways when I went through the bushes and they slapped my leg. It was amazing that it didn't flop.

About all the door is going to stop is debris as the tub protects pretty well.

KenP
10-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I was sideways when I went through the bushes and they slapped my leg. It was amazing that it didn't flop.

About all the door is going to stop is debris as the tub protects pretty well.True. They aren't very sustantial.