PDA

View Full Version : dumb question about H2 engines

darebren
10-04-2006, 01:28 AM
forgive me.. but were there any H2 production models over the years that came in diesel power?? also, were all the H2's since launch, V8's, all same engine 6.2?L?

was wondering if any models would be better on gas, yet still give me the big H2 body and interior space, and looks!

i'm looking at buying a used H2, or an '07 loaded H3 with a bunch of aftermarket stuff.

Dug
10-04-2006, 01:34 AM
I am not a authority on Hummers, but i dont know of any production H2's with diesels. Also there werent any 6.2liters just 6.0 liter. There used to be a 6.2liter diesel around 86' - 88'. Hope that helps. If you do buy a H2's and want to continue asking questions , you must show us a pic of your wifes tits.

working Hummer
10-04-2006, 02:28 AM
forgive me.. but were there any H2 production models over the years that came in diesel power?? also, were all the H2's since launch, V8's, all same engine 6.2?L?

was wondering if any models would be better on gas, yet still give me the big H2 body and interior space, and looks!

i'm looking at buying a used H2, or an '07 loaded H3 with a bunch of aftermarket stuff.NO, Yes 6.0L, If your worried about gas milage, why would you be looking at an H2.:(

errett
10-04-2006, 03:49 AM

i'm looking at buying a used H2, or an '07 loaded H3 with a bunch of aftermarket stuff.

Ask your dealer about the hybrid option. It costs a little more, but in the long run when I think about all the damage I am saving the environment from by opting for the hybrid model, it lets me sleep a little easier at night. And...Ken P. told me that my hair loss was caused by H2 emissions!!

http://www.arkansaspimp.com/images/H2/H2_emblem.jpg

KenP
10-04-2006, 06:12 AM
A new engine IS coming.

That's a FACT.

f5fstop
10-04-2006, 11:01 AM
A new engine IS coming.

That's a FACT.

And that is a fact I can agree with:clapping:
Who knows, maybe a new transmission too....:jump:

Boss Hoss
10-05-2006, 03:07 AM

Yeah but what about HIDs and rear air? No complaints with my engine but lighting sucks and rear a/c isnt the best(no ken, i dont mean you riding in the back of the truck for a rear air option).

Gas mileage will always suck...cant see much helping a heavy brick like truck with 410's front and rear with full time 4x4.

Alan06SUT
10-05-2006, 03:13 AM
Yeah but what about HIDs and rear air? No complaints with my engine but lighting sucks and rear a/c isnt the best(no ken, i dont mean you riding in the back of the truck for a rear air option).

Gas mileage will always suck...cant see much helping a heavy brick like truck with 410's front and rear with full time 4x4.

Whats up boss!:beerchug: hope all is well with you and the wife. I agree the lighting is weak. The rear air seems ok in the SUT.

Hummer Guy
10-05-2006, 03:40 AM

More Horsepower -- More Torque -- Similar Mileage?? Sounds too good to be true...:D

DDWH
10-05-2006, 03:49 AM
:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:
GMT-900 platform?
6.2L?
400hp?
6-speed tranny?

Boss Hoss
10-05-2006, 04:11 AM
Whats up boss!:beerchug: hope all is well with you and the wife. I agree the lighting is weak. The rear air seems ok in the SUT.

Yeah its been quite a while....weve been good, but busy. Thanks for asking. Unfortunately we havent wheelend any since our last Tellico trip but in a month or so i think ill be ready again. Ive been so busy i havent had time to worry about not having fun.

johndjmix1
10-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Does anyone here really hope the new engine is a gas motor!? Who wants gas? Everything is going DIESEL. Heck, the 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee will have a diesel option in the US (Finally) and spys are saying the 08 wrangler will be available in diesel.

With GM's anouncements that there entire light truck base will have a diesel option (correct me if im wrong on that)....i think we can expect a diesel in the H2.

--john

f5fstop
10-05-2006, 11:00 AM
GMT-900 platform?
6.2L?
400hp?
6-speed tranny?

Maybe....:clapping:

f5fstop
10-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Does anyone here really hope the new engine is a gas motor!? Who wants gas? Everything is going DIESEL. Heck, the 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee will have a diesel option in the US (Finally) and spys are saying the 08 wrangler will be available in diesel.

With GM's anouncements that there entire light truck base will have a diesel option (correct me if im wrong on that)....i think we can expect a diesel in the H2.

--john

Probably NOT, for a few years....
Besides, diesel fuel around here is $3.00 a gallon and gas is at $2.06.

KenP
10-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Maybe diesel when the body changes in, I believe 2010.

f5fstop
10-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Maybe diesel when the body changes in, I believe 2010.

:clapping: (or maybe 2011:confused: )

black20
10-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Yea, If the H2 still is around. GM needs to bring out a body change sooner.

johndjmix1
10-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Ill put my money for that diesel in 09......

--John