PDA

View Full Version : Hitch parts for towing

RobsNVRL8
10-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Can anyone suggest a place to get tow hitch parts for the H2. I have v-nose haulmark trailer that i need to tow, and I am looking for an extension and drop. Locally, I am having an issue finding parts, no parts houses have anything that will accomodate the spare tire on the back. Thanks

Dug
10-05-2006, 12:58 AM
You should be able to buy reciever hitches all over (Lowes , etc.) .
I dont have a back mounted tire , is it actually in the way of the hitch area? doug

mikejr
10-05-2006, 01:00 AM
The tire shouldnt interfere with towing. I tow a 12 foot utility trailer for hauling my quad and i dont have an issue. I use an 8 inch drop hitch. The handle for the tongue jack is sort of close to the tire, but it doesnt interfere with towing at all. I agree, hitch parts can be had at most any autoparts or speed shop.

partsguy
10-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Go to a trailer sales retailer.We have a few places up here called All Pro Products.Great people who know everything about pulling your load.

Lex_Ordo
10-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Try www.buyersproducts.com

OrangeCrush
10-05-2006, 02:35 AM
Can anyone suggest a place to get tow hitch parts for the H2. I have v-nose haulmark trailer that i need to tow, and I am looking for an extension and drop. Locally, I am having an issue finding parts, no parts houses have anything that will accomodate the spare tire on the back. Thanks

I bought my drop hitch for my liftkit. The drop comes in 14, 16, or 18".

It's a very clean setup, not bulky like some of the others. If that is something you're looking for, let me know and I'll dig up the receipt.

Mark

RobsNVRL8
10-05-2006, 04:02 AM
yeah, the tire interferes with the jack on the trailer tongue. because its a v-nose the jack is far forward.

Big Z
10-05-2006, 05:02 AM

Had the same problem!....The best thing to do, is have the V-Nose extended 18 inches..(couple hundred Bucks).....Or get a Gobi Rack!

Vettster
10-05-2006, 05:36 AM
Check out your local U-Haul center.
They usually have a bunch of adapters, extensions etc.

Lex_Ordo
10-05-2006, 11:10 AM
You can get a receiver extension and then use the hitch that you require. I used a Buyers extension and then attached a Pintle Hook for towing.

http://www.buyersproducts.com/dispatch?cmd=fwd&fwdfile=catalog3t.jsp?id=10080045

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Lex_Ordo/HU3/hu-tail.jpg