PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else 06 sunroof do this?

tomp
10-05-2006, 05:00 AM
The express open feature works most of the way, then stops and I have to push the button again. Is this normal? I could understand if it did this when you closed it, but why does it do it only when it's opening?

MiamiVice
10-05-2006, 05:22 AM
Mine does the same thing. And when I close it, I have to push it again to make sure it locks up into the proper position.

raptorman53
10-05-2006, 05:29 AM
I think they all do this.

Vettster
10-05-2006, 05:34 AM
Add mine to the list.
And I thought I was doing something wrong.:D

ASTAR
10-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Mine does it too. Closes tight though

W1N
10-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I think it is right when you open it. That is because 2/3 open does not allow the air to flow in freely and cause the flapping sound to be produced. But closing should go in all the way with one touch of the button.

Thanks!

KenP
10-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Same on the '05 so it's normal. But ours closes all the way.

mikejr
10-06-2006, 01:35 AM
normal operation of the sunroof is to one touch open about 90% of the way....if you want it full open, hit the button once more.....should go closed completely with one touch....

DDWH
10-06-2006, 03:25 AM
normal 2 position open deal

Powerfiend
10-06-2006, 08:36 PM
;) My 06' does the same thing, I think its for wind noise on opening only. As said before closing is one step though.

Not to hijack this post, but does your sunroof deflector make noise over 75 mph. Mine starts howling, I think it was to do with the lightbar though?

timgco
10-06-2006, 08:47 PM
;) My 06' does the same thing, I think its for wind noise on opening only. As said before closing is one step though.

Not to hijack this post, but does your sunroof deflector make noise over 75 mph. Mine starts howling, I think it was to do with the lightbar though?

I took mine off becasue of this. You have to bend those two brackets to make it push down harder onto the roof of the truck but than you risk casuing issues of your sunroof leaking. That happend on my SUT. So this truck has no deflector. The GOBI fairing takes care of that though.;)

H2bill
10-07-2006, 02:45 AM
normal operation of the sunroof is to one touch open about 90% of the way....if you want it full open, hit the button once more.....should go closed completely with one touch....

What he said. That is exactly how it was described to me by the dealer, just prior to me driving away in my new '06.

DDWH
10-07-2006, 03:36 AM

idunno, I drive 85-90mph:jump: and I like to have my music loud!:dancingbanana:

Try removing the light bar and see if it makes a difference...if not...the radio is your friend!:beerchug:

Alan06SUT
10-07-2006, 04:45 AM
Have you had the infamous windshield pillar trim pieces fixed or replaced? Most wind noise problems seem to come from these. I had the dealership fix mine.

lennyrebel
10-07-2006, 05:26 AM
Concerning the wind noise, I thought it waws going to blow off {the deflector on top} so I removed it coated the rubber seal at the bottom with clear RTV silicone and reinstalled with 2 stainless screws and nuts as opposed to those ugly sheetmetal screws on my 2006 H2. No more noise.

H2bill
10-09-2006, 05:15 AM
Have you had the infamous windshield pillar trim pieces fixed or replaced? Most wind noise problems seem to come from these. I had the dealership fix mine.

Tell me more about the trim pieces. Which ones are you talking about? What is the "fix" for them? Thanks.

MattRoberts123
10-09-2006, 05:57 AM
I see I am not the only one with some goofy noise coming from what appears to be the sunroof air deflector at speeds of 80+

Is there a good fix for this?? I tend to drive my hummer as if it were a ferrari on the highway, and that damn air noise is pretty annoying!!

Thanks

frenzy1
10-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Happened to me too. Sometimes (very rare), when I close it, the last inches, I have to push the button again and again to get it completely closed.

ipeefreely
10-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Mines does this. Weird cuase i always check if theres something impededing its course to close, and theres nothing.

gm_geek
10-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Hi Guys,
there is actual Bulletin about this problem , and dealer knows about it
Document ID# 1844364
Subject: Sunroof Timing Procedure - keywords alignment body installation learn roof sun switch #PIT4065 - (06/27/2006)

KenP
10-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Tell me more about the trim pieces. Which ones are you talking about? What is the "fix" for them? Thanks.Bill, the one's referred to are the outside A-Pillar trim pieces around the windshield. Some trucks get a vibration that sounds like a "flapping" noise.

There's a TSB on it, so the dealers are aware of the problem. However, if you wish to repair it yourself, prepare for a 15 minute fix.

Remove the outside A-Pillar trim.

Install a thinstrip of double sided foam tape near the inner, windshield side, edge of the plastic trim where it meets the windshield glass.

Reinstall trim.

Press firmly into place.

That's it.

Very simple and only takes a few minutes.