PDA

View Full Version : Mute Wire???

Gromet
06-08-2004, 05:23 PM
OK, I am going home tonight to wire up this new Phone Hands Free system for my Treo 600 Phone. the Unit gets hard wired to Constant, Accessory, Ground and there is a forth wire that needs to go to the stereo mute wire to mute the stereo when a call comes in...

Does anywone know on an 03 with the stock six disk in dash changer head unit, which wire I would tap for this mutting capability???

Thanks

Gromet
OK, I am going home tonight to wire up this new Phone Hands Free system for my Treo 600 Phone. the Unit gets hard wired to Constant, Accessory, Ground and there is a forth wire that needs to go to the stereo mute wire to mute the stereo when a call comes in...

Does anywone know on an 03 with the stock six disk in dash changer head unit, which wire I would tap for this mutting capability???

Thanks

Gromet

Thanks

HummMe
06-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Sounds like a question for Klaus.

Klaus
06-09-2004, 01:23 AM
I don't know about this one... I am pretty sure OnStar uses the Class 2 Data Bus to mute the stereo when a call comes in. I would call the people you bought it from and see if they know anything about connecting it to a GM Class 2 Data Bus System. Maybe they have some kind of adapter.

I suspect you are going to have to live without the mute function... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif