PDA

View Full Version : Urethane bushings

11-15-2005, 01:31 PM
has anyone found a supplier that makes replacement body mounts/bushings to replace this rubber crap? lost a front body mount piece and after the dealer "inspected" the rest, i found one rotted away from the transfer case. figure if i'm going to have to replace them all, i'd rather do it with something that lasts longer than the stock ones.

11-15-2005, 01:31 PM
has anyone found a supplier that makes replacement body mounts/bushings to replace this rubber crap? lost a front body mount piece and after the dealer "inspected" the rest, i found one rotted away from the transfer case. figure if i'm going to have to replace them all, i'd rather do it with something that lasts longer than the stock ones.

PARAGON
11-15-2005, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
I'm sure you could find some Chevy ones that would fit. Just a case of comparing them and finding the right ones.

I've lost several body mounts over the years and also found a lot of other peoples lying on the trail.

FWIW I replace my front sway bar connector rod bushings and front bump stop ones on a regular basis with urethane ones and they don't last any longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>"Did you see that rabbi..... no, hell, that was a body mount rubber running by."

I lost two of them also. It's just the bottom side of it.

DRTYFN
11-15-2005, 04:29 PM
We saw several on the trails in Moab.

11-15-2005, 05:38 PM
can you go back and pick them up for me? i could use them . . . .