PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - There is no Rubicon Trifecta curse!

BKLYNH2
10-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Our precious moderator has had a lapse of memory and in hand cursed Pops (old hiker) from making it to the rubicon.
By H2 Rocks-
"I just spoke with Oldhiker on the phone. He thinks his front differential is blown. He's really bummed out. He definitely needs to be in Arizona this weekend, he's just not sure weather or not the truck will be fixed in time to get back to California to meet us. He said if it is, he's still in!

He also stated the KenP had jinxed him by saying he'd be the first one to run Paragon, Moab, and the Rubicon

Hopefully he can get it all straightened out in time for the trail."

By the holy "moderator"
"Congrats Pops. Currently there's only 3 Hummers that have run Paragon and Moab, Rocks, us and Peter.
You'll take the lead by adding the Rubi."

TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT (and hopefully lift the curse)
I, have been to the Rubicon, and i know i posted a pic here at one point.

I know, I know the curse has been floating around for weeks, and while my appearances here are sporadic these days :popcorn: I have been searching everywhere for a picture. I lost my camera about a year ago and i'm not sure if the file was in the card that was with it, and I've searched every hard drive i can with no luck. It was on the old forum so if everything that was on the old forum is still around than it should be somewhere.
Anyway i hope this news lifts the curse from pops.
So Ken (OH) get yourself to Rubicon somehow and have a blast.
oh and look out for poop too.

KenP
10-07-2006, 12:17 AM
I can't find it over there.

OldHiker
10-09-2006, 06:08 AM
Just got back from doing the Rubicon from west to east. I can't give you the details, I was only along for the ride. Besides, I was in the neighborhood (Albuquerque, attending my son's wedding.) I figured close enough.

Pete, I remember you going out west, but I thought it was Moab. Was not aware that you did the Rubicon. Did you do it in the same direction, or east to west. How many days did you spend on the trail. My wife and I have never felt or been so dirty. The dust was everywhere.

See you in November.

BKLYNH2
10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Pops - I was snowboarding in tahoe and drove up to the eastern trail end in my rental car and took a picture. Does that count? :giggling: :D :D

OldHiker
10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Pops - I was snowboarding in tahoe and drove up to the eastern trail end in my rental car and took a picture. Does that count? :giggling: :D :D

Damn poser!:giggling:

KenP
10-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Pete, I remember you going out west, but I thought it was Moab. Was not aware that you did the Rubicon. Did you do it in the same direction, or east to west. How many days did you spend on the trail. My wife and I have never felt or been so dirty. The dust was everywhere.

See you in November.Got and made phone calls to some very tired, nasty, stinky, DRTY people last night.:giggling:

ROX
10-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Damn poser!:giggling:X2! You had me going!:D

BKLYNH2
10-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Well, i did get to the trail first, i just didn't have my truck. :( After hearing about pops' carnage in Moab i just wanted to dispell the curse issue so he'd get his arse over to CA. I wish i could find the pic i (thought) i posted. The outlet for the trail on the tahoe side had a really steep 8' embankment where it met the pavement. I had a picture of me trying to drive up it in a stupid rental car (non 4wd) and the rubicon ohv trail sign next to it.

Anyway a big Congrats to the both of you for conquering the trifecta, I am extremely jealous. The Rubicon really looks like a must try trail, and I really hope I'll be able to attempt it someday. Keep the photos coming they are awesome.

So what is the quadfecta?????
My guess would be, that it lies somewhere in Texas. Any ideas Phil???
:beerchug:

OldHiker
10-13-2006, 03:01 AM
What about an Elcova Meet 'n Greet in the Dakotas next July-August. A seven day event with touring rides as well as off-road trails.

Think about it.

DRTYFN
10-13-2006, 03:17 AM
I'd love to see the Dakotas, but how about Montana?

OldHiker
10-13-2006, 04:24 AM
The Dakotas are more central in the US then Montana. Although what I saw from Whitefish and Kalispell was quite beautiful.

ROX
10-13-2006, 04:44 AM
I haven't been to the Dakotas yet. I think there's some good trails over there from what I've heard. Of course, I'll map my way thru Montana without hitting any pavement. Westhillsat will help me I'm sure.:D Oh yeah, this could be fun!:jump:

DRTYFN
10-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I just HAVE TO stop in Montana for some prairie dog shooting..:shhh:

ROX
10-13-2006, 04:54 PM
I just HAVE TO stop in Montana for some prairie dog shooting..:shhh::crying: I'll bury them as you go...;)

Geraldo
10-13-2006, 05:12 PM
I have done stories on trifectas before. Dick Vital is a great resource.