PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this brushguard?

Sportsdude
10-06-2006, 11:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/sportsdude/Hunter.jpg

If so, comment please.

SUT NEIL
10-07-2006, 04:48 AM
I previously looked at this on ebay and decided against it because based on the picture I was not satisfied with the quality of the welds. My opinion is that the quality of the welds on the factory OEM double tier Brushguard appear to be much more smooth and consistent as compared to the one you are looking at. Just my opinion.

lennyrebel
10-07-2006, 05:08 AM
I have that brushguard exactly on my 06 Hummer. It listed at 1895 dollars Can. I love it so what is the question.

HummBob
10-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Looks like the one I have???

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/HummBob/h26.jpg

What would you like to know??

ASTAR
10-07-2006, 08:56 AM
I saw that one at a dealership. Its different than the stock one on mine in that the top tube, where it comes down to meet the lower tube, its not coped, its pinched and then welded. Looks bad IMO.

HummBob
10-07-2006, 09:26 AM
I saw that one at a dealership. Its different than the stock one on mine in that the top tube, where it comes down to meet the lower tube, its not coped, its pinched and then welded. Looks bad IMO.

Oh...I have the OEM one. It's not pinched. I like mine though :clapping:

Sportsdude
10-07-2006, 03:06 PM
It's diificult to tell from the photo of the quality as compared to OEM. The tube is 1/4" bigger than OEM and looks pretty good from the photo. I also don't have first hand experience on the OEM so I can't really say if it's worth paying more money for the OEM or just get this one. Thanks for the replies folks.

SpecsHunter Premium QualityCompetitorsSteel Grade
Mirror Polished 14 gauge(.081") Marine Grade T-304 Stainless Steel
Other low grade steel or chrome plated knock off
ConstructionRobotic welding provide consistent strength and high quality look
Uneven welding that is usually powder coated over causing a grainy surface
Steel Uprights
Innovative welded T-BEAMstructure increases strength and holds the rubber bumper securely
Rubber is glued to flat plain steel plate.
Headlight GrillesContoured fit with removable 1 1/2" O.D. tubing headlight guard w/ stainless steel hardwareunknownAuxilary LightingN/AunknownInstallationFrame mounted - custom fit for each vehicle NO DRILLING NECESSARYUniversal mounts may need to cut in order to fit.Tube BendingMandrel-bent pipe bends offers perfect roundness along the bend which creates superior support and high quality lookNon-Mandrel Bend creates a dented and uneven bend.WarrantyLifetime Warranty3 Year Warranty

Sportsdude
10-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Oh...I have the OEM one. It's not pinched. I like mine though :clapping:

Any more of closeup angles on your setup? Thank you HummBob :beerchug:

partsguy
10-07-2006, 04:51 PM
It's diificult to tell from the photo of the quality as compared to OEM. The tube is 1/4" bigger than OEM and looks pretty good from the photo. I also don't have first hand experience on the OEM so I can't really say if it's worth paying more money for the OEM or just get this one. Thanks for the replies folks.

SpecsHunter Premium QualityCompetitorsSteel Grade
Mirror Polished 14 gauge(.081") Marine Grade T-304 Stainless Steel
Other low grade steel or chrome plated knock off
ConstructionRobotic welding provide consistent strength and high quality look
Uneven welding that is usually powder coated over causing a grainy surface
Steel Uprights
Innovative welded T-BEAMstructure increases strength and holds the rubber bumper securely
Rubber is glued to flat plain steel plate.
Headlight GrillesContoured fit with removable 1 1/2" O.D. tubing headlight guard w/ stainless steel hardwareunknownAuxilary LightingN/AunknownInstallationFrame mounted - custom fit for each vehicle NO DRILLING NECESSARYUniversal mounts may need to cut in order to fit.Tube BendingMandrel-bent pipe bends offers perfect roundness along the bend which creates superior support and high quality lookNon-Mandrel Bend creates a dented and uneven bend.WarrantyLifetime Warranty3 Year Warranty

More money? GM's retail's at $910.00.Not sure what that one retails out for never heard of it. $1895 = what in U.S?

ASTAR
10-08-2006, 02:21 AM
More money? GM's retail's at $910.00.Not sure what that one retails out for never heard of it. $1895 = what in U.S?

He said CAN.
I would go with the OEM one WAAAYYY before I considered getting that one. Looks like price is still 1682 US though!

VEGASSTLYE
10-08-2006, 05:19 AM
I have this one in black from the same company Hunter. I was not able to bolt down the inner pegs that bolt to the center of the grill. It won't match up. Only the lower bolts will match up.IMO go with a diff make or company.