PDA

View Full Version : H2 front leveling question...

Cesardajr
10-09-2006, 04:53 AM
I want to level out the front of my h2 and i see that there are leveling kits that requires changing the torsion keys for newer bigger keys, i have already read on these boards that this is not a good idea, i was also told that i could always replace/upgrade the torsion bars to 1 ton torsion bars from a full size 1 ton truck and this could also get me 2 inches of lift with out sacraficing my ride quality or making any extreme angles,
has any one change out the torision bars to get the h2 leveled?
how does it ride, what parts did you use?
Thanks

PARAGON
10-09-2006, 03:06 PM
In addition to what Phil said. Torsion bars are simply replacement for other types of springs. It has adjustability though the adjustment bolts.

Just like other springs, bars have certain spring rates - softer for lighter vehicles, thicker for heavier vehicles. Simply putting thicker bars in place will not increase the height of the vehicle unless you turn the adjutment bolts to do so. But when you turn the bolts then, you have a much harder ride due to the heavier spring rate.

Besides, I doubt there is tremendous difference between 1 ton T-bars and the H2's. The H2's weight is probably pretty close to the 1 ton's.