PDA

View Full Version : I FIXED MY VIBRATION, I FIXED MY VIBRATION... ;)

OrangeCrush
10-11-2006, 02:32 AM
After a year of trying to find a cure for the vibration. (btw, the comment about the vibration not being there for the most part was meant that it was very minor and the normal person probably wouldn't have detected it... I DID)

I was dealing with it for the last year, my final bandaid was to have an aluminum driveshaft made which bascially absorbed what little vibration I had left.

About a month ago, my driveshaft mysteriously became bent. When I had it straightened and rebalanced, I still had a terrible vibration. I had another driveshaft (steel this time) made but it didn't help.

Point is, I was pretty well set that the pinion angle was incorrect. I did nothing wierd as far as Fabtech's setup. Nothing additional, nothing homemade, nothing changed from out of the Fabtech box.
I have adjusted the frt diff at different angles and the rear transfer case at different angles. I couldn't seem to fix it. I was still certain it was a vibration caused from incorrect pinion angles. (even though technically there are no adjustments with the Fabtech kit)

After a year of playing with it, I finally realized what the cure was this weekend.
I trailered my bikes to Bike Week at Myrtle Beach. I noticed I didn't have any vibrations with the extra weight.
The only way to assimulate the pinion angle with the trailer attached was to lower the transfer case. I slotted the crossmember and and that allowed the transfer case to drop approx. 3/8".

That was better but not enough. I removed the transmission mount, cut the top tabs off, removed 3/8" of side metal and rewelded the top tab back on it. This dropped the transfer case an add'l 3/8".
There as virtually no vibration, just a hair and it was almost hard to detect. I reinstalled the aluminum driveshaft and it is completely gone.

I'm so happy....

:jump:

Mark

HummBob
10-11-2006, 04:00 AM
Yay Mark, But WHAT ABOUT THE SMELL!!! http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/HummBob/wink.gif

KenP
10-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Lowered this, lowered that... Good thing you have that lift because it sounds like you're back to stock clearance.:jump:

Glad you finally fixed it.

2-H2's
10-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Lowered this, lowered that... Good thing you have that lift because it sounds like you're back to stock clearance.:jump:

Wooow, pilgrim...that hurts coming from someone looking at heeps to sport around town in :jump::OWNED:;)

OrangeCrush
10-14-2006, 11:53 PM

Oh no bud, did not remove any of the lift... just lowered the transfer case mount and therefore changing the pinion angle.

Would never get rid of the lift.

Mark