PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble getting center console off!!

DrScoles
10-12-2006, 02:40 AM
For anyone who has got this thing off, do I need to remove the center (between the seats) console to get the part that covers the radio off? I've got it back off the radio and controls, but I think there is a lip on the bottom that is being held down by the center piece that covers the shifter... Much less fun to take off :-(

Any advice would be great!!

Thanks, Mike

zeros
10-12-2006, 03:02 AM
yeah their are i think a couple of screws in their you have to get to . it is kinda a pain!

DrScoles
10-12-2006, 03:42 AM
Details would be much appreciated!

datapimp69
10-12-2006, 03:53 AM
it is a jigsaw puzzle

1. take out the cupholder area. 3 clips that pop up, kinda hard.
2. open arm rest.
3. take out bucket.
4. take off arm rest top.
5. you have to take off the back, the part that faces the back seat with the air vents. there are 2 screws in the hole to put stuff
6. now you can take off the whole top part. it is tight by the lighter plugs.
7. now you can take off the whole radio cover panel.

hope that helps.

DrScoles
10-12-2006, 04:02 AM
Thanks datapimp! Shame on me for not using the search function.. Found a link with pics!

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6623&highlight=center+console

Thanks again, Mike

frenzy1
10-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Good luck Mike !

KenP
10-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks datapimp! Shame on me for not using the search function.. Found a link with pics!

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6623&highlight=center+console

Thanks again, MikeIf you only need to remove the center stack, you don't have to pull the consol all the way out. After loosening the CC, you can slide it back a couple of inches.

BTW, when you go to the dealer to get new clips that you will inevitably lose, they DO sell them. Some parts guys say they don't sell them.

datapimp69
10-12-2006, 07:59 PM
If you only need to remove the center stack, you don't have to pull the consol all the way out. After loosening the CC, you can slide it back a couple of inches.

BTW, when you go to the dealer to get new clips that you will inevitably lose, they DO sell them. Some parts guys say they don't sell them.

just tell them the part # is 12338108