PDA

View Full Version : EASY Q: Headrest LCDs Owners...

H2Finally
10-27-2004, 02:10 AM
I am doing my own headrest lcd install. So far I have cut the headrests to install the lcds. I now need to fish the power & video cables thru the seat backs.

I can see where they would enter from the bottom of the seat, but QUESTION: where would they come out on top?

Next to the headrest pole mount seemed too tight, require a break angle (under the plastic mounts), and the edge of the plastic mounts look sharp enough to cut the cables??

For those who have headrest lcds, that are NOT Vizualogic brand (I understand theirs come with custom "hollow" headrest pole to hide the cables), would you mind describing to me where your cables stick out ON TOP of the seat backs? Of course a quick photo is even better. MUCH APPRECIATED! Thanks!!

H2Finally
I am doing my own headrest lcd install. So far I have cut the headrests to install the lcds. I now need to fish the power & video cables thru the seat backs.

I can see where they would enter from the bottom of the seat, but QUESTION: where would they come out on top?

Next to the headrest pole mount seemed too tight, require a break angle (under the plastic mounts), and the edge of the plastic mounts look sharp enough to cut the cables??

For those who have headrest lcds, that are NOT Vizualogic brand (I understand theirs come with custom "hollow" headrest pole to hide the cables), would you mind describing to me where your cables stick out ON TOP of the seat backs? Of course a quick photo is even better. MUCH APPRECIATED! Thanks!!

H2Finally

Blue
10-27-2004, 03:53 AM
I've got the audiovox lcd headrests and they also have the cables going tough the headrest tubing, which goes down the seat back and out the bottom of the seat. I'll check to see if I have photos from the installation. The cleanest installation will have it going though the tubing.

H2Finally
10-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the info Blue. But I'm using factory headrests, so I do NOT have the hollow tubing...

H2Finally
10-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Well, I guess not such an easy question after all... No one has the LCD's withOUT the hollow headrest tubes??? Help...

TBarrow
10-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Mine is the factory and is not hollow. I have the Alpine system and was custom stiched and modified.

H2Finally
10-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Tbarrow, wow, yours look super neat! I am very interested to know HOW your video + power cables comes OUT under the headrest and ENTER the seat back? Thanks!

RIC-H0
10-28-2004, 02:30 PM
From What I recall, Mine were Sony, and the cable ran thru the headrest post hole. The hole had a small notch cut into it(just small enough to get the cabling through the hole. It was tie wrapped to the headrest post, and then went through the headrest to the monitor. I don't have any pictures, because they were STOLEN!!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Ric-H2

H2Finally
10-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the info Ric! Sorry abt your Sonys... Hmm, never considered actually notching the plastic plug. Well, I guess if I screw up, I can always buy another headrest mount plug... assuming GM won't make me buy the entire seat just to get replacement plug... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

RIC-H0
10-28-2004, 03:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2Finally:
Thanks for the info Ric! Sorry abt your Sonys... Hmm, never considered actually notching the plastic plug. Well, I guess if I screw up, I can always buy another headrest mount plug... assuming GM won't make me buy the entire seat just to get replacement plug... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wouldn't be surprised if they made you buy atleast the whole headrest assembly. If it helps any, I've got the headrest that the monitors were taken out of. They have the solid post, but atleast you won't have to cut up your good ones. They are cut to fit the 7" screens. Let me know if they would help.

Ric-H2

H2Finally
10-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Mighty kind for the offer Ric! I've actually finished installing the LCD into the headrests-- looks great imHUMBLEo. Its routing the cables down the back of the seat that stumped me. If I screw up anything, I'll buy your spare headrests...