PDA

View Full Version : One more AXXESS/Ipod problem....

DrScoles
10-14-2006, 06:57 PM
I may have to shoot myself... So I get it all installed, dash back together, everything works.

Wife and I are going out to dinner last night. Ipod is NOT plugged in. I start truck, and display shows the last song I played on IPOD. I hold down lower right button to toggle over to XM, and it stops... window pops up saying" XM interupted" and then its gone! I can only scroll between the fm1, fm2, and AM. Its like it never had XM!!!!!

Ipod does not work either way, tried to plug it in with different combos... nothing. Is there a reset feature??? I am not happy! I'm wondering if toggling between xm and Ipod when no ipod is plugged in is bad? I think I did it before though!!!

Of course this happened on Friday night, so I can't call AXXESS for tech support until monday... Has anyone else encountered this, or am I just not meant to have an ipod in my H2???:rant:

Thanks, Mike

mmayo
10-16-2006, 09:38 PM
What Ipod are you using? I installed this in my truck & it would do the same thing. My ipod is the new 80gig - I called Metra & they said it doesn't interface correctly w/ it & they're working on a new one.

gm_geek
10-17-2006, 06:40 AM
this Axxess piece it's not a great design, and so many bugs in them.there is brand called Neucleus. works so much better. i installed hundreds of those on hummers and escalades, works like a champ. takes minutes to install it. radio does not have to be taking out. everything done at the XM tuner, witch located behined glove box.
here is the pic for you guys.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/gm-geek/ipod/P1011348_1.jpg

DrScoles
10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
You're F'ing kidding me! One that doesn't require the consoles to be taken out...ughhhh I talked to metra today, he said I need to install a relay. "Its in the instructions"... I don't think it is. Have to wait til I get home to figure it out. Man, what a pain. I will look into the other one...

So my problem is taking the ipod out, its hit or miss as to whether or not it locks up the XM. I get signal interrupt window. And it doesn't happen every time, which makes it even more frustrating:lame:

Mike

ASTAR
12-22-2006, 04:16 AM
this Axxess piece it's not a great design, and so many bugs in them.there is brand called Neucleus. works so much better. i installed hundreds of those on hummers and escalades, works like a champ. takes minutes to install it. radio does not have to be taking out. everything done at the XM tuner, witch located behined glove box.
here is the pic for you guys.

But you have to control the IPOD at the actual ipod? Not on the NAV unit or the steering wheel?