PDA

View Full Version : moving again ... dammit

Wisha Haddan H3
10-15-2006, 07:48 PM
I've only been in my apartment for 3 months, but it looks like I'll be moving again.

Some friends of my ex have been renting my townhome and were in the middle of assuming the mortgage but they just backed out. I would take them to court over our contract, but it turns out they might not qualify for the loan anyway. I called the mortgage company and they have back taxes in collection.

This takes the cake. I could have sold it 18 months ago when the market was still good, but my ex talked me into renting to her friends (at a loss) until they could buy it. Now, the only way to avoid a loss is through an assumption. Unfortunately, with the divorce and everything I can't afford to leave it empty waiting for another buyer.

Never rent to friends or family :mad:

ZigsRig
10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Where ya moving to J?

Hopfully not to far from colorado...

Wisha Haddan H3
10-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Oh, I'm staying in Colorado. I'm moving from Westminster to Arvada, so it's not even across town. I just hate the hassle ... I like it here and there's a real hottie downstairs from me :D

Plus, my mortgage is more than my rent here and I would rather save the cash. Dating's expensive !!!

KenP
10-15-2006, 11:07 PM
That really sucks.

BlueHUMMERH2
10-16-2006, 04:26 AM
Sorry to hear that you've got to move. :(

NEOCON1
10-16-2006, 04:34 AM
moving is a bithc , i just hauled 9,000 lbs of my $hit 780 miles to Moab :jump:

H3slate
10-16-2006, 05:07 AM
Beer and pizza are good motivators to get help with the move. :)

Hmmm2
10-16-2006, 06:00 AM
How about talking to a realtor about having someone lease with an option to buy? They have to pre-approve them first. Or, is your townhome in a community with a home owners association? If yes, maybe they have some names of people interested in leasing/buying in that community.
Sorry you have to make the move. Yeah, things can get testy/awkward when you work (rent) that closely with relatives or friends. Good luck to you. :(

f5fstop
10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Oh, I'm staying in Colorado. I'm moving from Westminster to Arvada, so it's not even across town. I just hate the hassle ... I like it here and there's a real hottie downstairs from me :D

Plus, my mortgage is more than my rent here and I would rather save the cash. Dating's expensive !!!

Take the hottie with you, and have her share half the rent.:clapping:

CO Hummer
10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Bummer J. At least you'll be closer to the trails and the slopes. :)

timgco
10-16-2006, 04:23 PM
That suck man. HAve CO Hummer and Adam in CO come help you move. I have a back btw.... so I can be a driver. Adam know quite a few people that could help you out with the buy/ lease thing. call him up or send him a pm.

BlueTJCO
10-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Give me a call and if you need some help moving I'll come up and grunt with you for a couple hours...:beerchug:

I'll PM you my phone number so DENNISAJC doesn't get it again and start prank calling me late at night:D

KenP
10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Give me a call and if you need some help moving I'll come up and grunt with you for a couple hours...:beerchug: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

BlueTJCO
10-16-2006, 11:19 PM
:fdance: :fdance: I knew some queer bait would take that statement and twist it...

KenP
10-17-2006, 12:54 AM
:jump: :fdance: :fdance: I knew some queer bait would take that statement and twist it...:jump:

Wisha Haddan H3
10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys, I may take you up on that if I can't get out of this. And moon, bring a hottie for me and you can make all the noise you want to (in the other room :D)

ree
10-24-2006, 05:47 PM
I hear you.

:rant: I moved to IA for 2 years for wifey to try a new job. We decided to move back. We're building a new house, which isn't done yet. But the wife has to start the new job, so we're renting a place for a month or so. It took more than 2 friggin hours to get new cell phones setup. On the drive up, the cable company, which I was driving up to meet for install of TV, internet, phone, calls and says they can't do any installs for another week and a half due to a merger of TimeWarner and Comcast! The local phone company can't get around to installing phone+DSL for a week as well. Spent 4+ hours on the phone with the cell phone provider to get my phone setup for temporary internet access as a bluetooth modem. Still not unpacked, living out of boxes and I have to clean up the damn leaves that are choking the yard before the city comes to pick them up tomorrow. Cranky 2 year old that we have to find a doctor for in a new part of town we're not familiar with. Elderly father in law visiting, falls out of bed in his sleep, bites through his lip and breaks dentures...waste most of yesterday in ER and dentist. Work backlogging at my job!!!! And we get to do a full move AGAIN in about 6 weeks when our house is finished. :rant:

Moving sucks!!!!!! I feel :OWNED: