PDA

View Full Version : Bad Sunday!!!!!

GLBLWARMR
10-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Thinking that yesterday was going to be a good Sunday even with the slight hangover from my buddies wedding, I just sat down for some football when the house started shaking. The shaking lasted for about 25 seconds or so. There was no real damage but it was stong enough to rearrange some stuff on the counters. The wife was still laying in bed fast asleep (pasted out) when the shaking started. Needless to say she wasn't in bed for long. She was sitting on the couch fully dressed next to me before the shaking stopped. It was her first earthquake. I was sitting on the couch laughing my balls off because of the scared look on the rest of my famillies faces. I know it is not nice to laugh at people, let alone your own family but I lived in Cal for many years and have survived stonger quakes than this and I knew this one wasn't to bad.

Well now we are sitting there with the Cowboys game on and the Cowboys had just fumbled the kickoff after the Texans first field goal and WHAM BAM Thank you MAM the fvcking power goes out. This happens about 10-15 minutes after the quake. It showed no signs that is was going to go out. So there we are thinking maybe it would only be an hour or so. NOPE boy were we wrong. So here we are living on a beautiful island with no power. You would think it wouldn't be that big of an issue just go spend the day outside. Nope wrong answer. Did I forget to mention we were in flash flood warnings for the entire day. Not because of the earthquake but from the tropical depression that decided to arrive a few hours before. Not only did it bring rain but it brought along some lighting. So there we are sitting around with hangovers, no power, no FOOTBALL, can't play outside or go to the beach. 14 hours later about 9 pm last night the power comes back on just ensuring that I would have to go to work today. BOY THAT SUNDAY FVCKING SUCKED.

KenP
10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Time to move off the island and away from the west coast.

Big Z
10-16-2006, 06:01 PM
The wife was still laying in bed fast asleep (pasted out) when the shaking started. Needless to say she wasn't in bed for long. She was sitting on the couch fully dressed next to me before the shaking stopped.

That's some Funny $hit there! :jump: :crying: :D