PDA

View Full Version : What does it sound like when the rear diff goes?

yat74
10-16-2006, 05:22 PM
I was getting ready to go on a great day of wheeling this past Sunday...When I started the rig up the service engine light and Stbilitrack failure light came on and the whole truck started to wobble or vibrate. As I drove around the block it seemed as if the RPM were running low and that some sort of binding (grinding) or lurching was present in the rear of the vehicle. I didn't take it offroad that sunday and started her up this morning and everything was normal. WTF...HELP...Going to the dealer this afternoon. The H3 is exactly 1 year old to this month and has about 18,500 miles on it. What does it sound like to you guys?

:(

Hummer Guy
10-16-2006, 07:30 PM
It may have started up under low power and that could explain some weird performance. Good news is that it doesn't sound like a diff because it went away...the diff would be constant and probably getting worse.

HummBebe
10-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Sounds to me like you have a hitch in your git-a-long:giggling:

NEOCON1
10-16-2006, 09:46 PM
It may have started up under low power and that could explain some weird performance. Good news is that it doesn't sound like a diff because it went away...the diff would be constant and probably getting worse.

X2
busted diffs dont go away ;) i wish they would :giggling:

RubHer Yellow Ducky
10-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Sounds to me like you have a hitch in your git-a-long:giggling:

Is that like a pair of socks in your crouch ???

RYD

:beerchug:

Mark805
10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
the engine and low power sound exactly like the problem i had after returning from a 3week vavcation. Did the DIC display "reduced power" message at all?

Mine did and was running rough and barely moving down the roar.

Once the battery was charged it all went away. :excited:

HummBebe
10-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Is that like a pair of socks in your crotch ???

RYD

:beerchug:

That an old Rock Star trick that I would know nothing about:jump:

RubHer Yellow Ducky
10-16-2006, 10:28 PM
That an old Rock Star trick that I would know nothing about:jump:

TUBE socks work best !!!

RYD

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

NEOCON1
10-16-2006, 10:28 PM
i thought you knew a bunch of old rock stars :p ;) :D

HummBebe
10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
The Rock Cock Collection.....:giggling:

f5fstop
10-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Did you call Onstar, they can tell you the codes. Reduced engine power would not come on due to busted diff, unless it was locking up the drivetrain, and then I'm not sure if that message would be displayed. I'll be curious as to what the dealers says. If it is a p300+ code, it might be a cylinder head.

PARAGON
10-17-2006, 01:20 AM
X2
busted diffs dont go away ;) i wish they would :giggling:In H3s busted diffs just keep coming and coming and coming

It's either the dicks that can't drive them or the ****ty the vehicle, in your case I guess it's both

HummBebe
10-17-2006, 01:30 AM
In H3s busted diffs just keep coming and coming and coming

It's either the dicks that can't drive them or the ****ty the vehicle, in your case I guess it's both

Sorry it's the sh1tty differential....WTF is your problem??? Do you need a sammich????;)

NEOCON1
10-17-2006, 01:33 AM
In H3s busted diffs just keep coming and coming and coming

:yawn: another sad attempt

PARAGON
10-17-2006, 01:49 AM
Sorry it's the sh1tty differential....WTF is your problem??? Do you need a sammich????;)There seems to be certain dick H3 owners that have gotten a little full of themselves and mouthed just a wee bit too much in the wrong direction.

Neo is now going to be my little bitch for a while and other H3 owners are going to get all butthurt because he doesn't know when to shut his yap.

NEOCON1
10-17-2006, 01:54 AM
There seems to be certain dick H3 owners that have gotten a little full of themselves and mouthed just a wee bit too much in the wrong direction.

Neo is now going to be my little bitch for a while and other H3 owners are going to get all butthurt because he doesn't know when to shut his yap.

my a$$ is tough , you still sound retarded :yawn:

NEOCON1
10-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Sorry it's the sh1tty differential....WTF is your problem??? Do you need a sammich????;)

theres no room he already has a d1ck in his mouth :twak:

timgco
10-17-2006, 02:00 AM
...all messin around aside.

Once you here the sound of the key going into the ignition and engine starting and shifting into drive, everything will sound normal for the first few feet. Next you usually here the owner of the H3 screeming bad words that ryme with words like spit and duck. :fdance:

You will here some groaning back there/ possible grinding.

RubHer Yellow Ducky
10-17-2006, 02:29 AM
There seems to be certain dick H3 owners that have gotten a little full of themselves and mouthed just a wee bit too much in the wrong direction.

Am I reading this wrong

OR

Do you have a mental problem !!! :perfect10s:

RYD

H3.007
10-17-2006, 02:38 AM
:jump: H3.007 doesn't need socks in the crotch :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Texasbeachbum
10-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Seems like there is always a couple of dumb butts that take a message board down several levels. Looks like these 2 have been around for a long time too. Have any of the mods heard of banning?:(

PARAGON
10-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Seems like there is always a couple of dumb butts that take a message board down several levels. Looks like these 2 have been around for a long time too. Have any of the mods heard of banning?:(

yes, would you like to be banned?

Texasbeachbum
10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
If you feel like I need to be banned for voiceing my opinion yes go ahead and ban me.

RubHer Yellow Ducky
10-17-2006, 04:00 PM

as i see it with over 22000 post U have way to much spare time on your hands...

why don't you do free work at a mental clinic

PARAGON
10-17-2006, 04:02 PM
If you feel like I need to be banned for voiceing my opinion yes go ahead and ban me.

You didn't voice your opinion on anything. You made 2 statements and asked one question.

PARAGON
10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
as i see it with over 22000 post U have way to much spare time on your hands...

why don't you do free work at a mental clinic

I do, I am here working with mental cases like you.