PDA

View Full Version : Lo Jack Systems???

Vettster
10-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Anybody running or have any experience with Lo-Jack devices.
Am thinking about one for the H2.

Captain of the Titanic
10-16-2006, 10:27 PM
I do not have it on my H2 yet, however I did have it on my previous vehicle, a 1999 Tahoe. In 2002 my truck was broken into, the ignition was broken, and the Tahoe next to me was stolen. I assume I can thank my Lojack for the fact that my truck was still sitting there with the door wide open. Never did figure out how they shut off the siren.

I did have some problems with it shutting down my ability to start the truck once (it was intermitent), I reported the problem to Lojack, and they sent a tech out immediately and who found some wiring problem and fixed it, out of warranty, for $30 if I remember right.

I plan on getting Lojack on my truck soon.

It will also save you some money on your insurance as well.:D

datapimp69
10-17-2006, 03:24 AM
dosent the built in on-star track your truck like lo-jack?

maybe even better since lo-jack, the cop has to be near it to pick up the transmission? where on-star is gps based and can just tell where it is at?

am i missing something?

Arizona Hummerboy
10-17-2006, 05:23 AM
I have Lo Jack on my 03 H2, as a Ex-Police Officer I think Lo Jack is great, once your car has been reported stolen, the police dispatcher activate Lo Jack, and the closest police car to your vehicle will pick up the single from Lo Jack and will start tracking your car. I would say that 80% of the time we our able catch the bad guy in your car.:OWNED: The other 20% we find the car and the bad guy is on the run.

The patented LoJack System includes a small radio frequency transceiver hidden in up to 20 places in a your vehicle. Each LoJack System has a unique code that is tied into the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). When a theft is reported to the police, a routine entry into the state police crime computer results in a match of the LoJack System's unique code against the state VIN database. This automatically activates the LoJack System in your car, which emits an inaudible signal. Law enforcement authorities who are equipped with LoJack vehicle tracking units - in their police cruisers and aviation units - are always listening for a LoJack signal. Police use the LoJack vehicle tracking units to track and recover your LoJack equipped vehicle.

corvo
10-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Onstar is useless!:OWNED: Reported my H2 stolen in the first 10 minutes and never got a signal. they just disconnected it. GET LOJAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Vettster
10-17-2006, 02:39 PM
dosent the built in on-star track your truck like lo-jack?

maybe even better since lo-jack, the cop has to be near it to pick up the transmission? where on-star is gps based and can just tell where it is at?

am i missing something?

Hi all,
Thanks for the info.
BlondeStar is about worthless. In fact, I didn't even bother to activate it on this vehicle.
Lo-Jack is the only system that works in Mexico. They have a service center in Mexico City.
I got a little worried as there was a story on the news here the other evening that told how people were giving minors a pistol and 10,000 pesos (about $1,000) and then putting in orders for Hummers. The theory being is that they will not prosecute a minor for either car theft or murder.:(

Sometimes paradise isn't all that you think it is.;)