PDA

View Full Version : Novice,Pro or what

partsguy
10-17-2006, 01:48 AM
Any dealerships offer............Novice to extreme trail's to ride?

I know from what I have seen that with Hummer growing that there are two different type of owners.

One, like most of you enjoy a challange and want to push your truck. Two,that just want to take a drive through the wood's on a fire road.

Any company doing this????

PARAGON
10-17-2006, 06:57 PM
The test tracks are set up to exploit, to the 1/4", the particulars of the Hummers. They are neither technical nor difficult, but they were the only thing of their kind.

I've seen some Hummer Happenings that have gone to some ORV parks and such but they don't attempt things that would be considered technical or difficult.

Ours are generally on land owned by the dealership's owner and can be quite fun. As with many places you can make it a little more fun by making the obstacles more difficult by taking different lines than what's being suggested by the spotters, which I usually do, to the amusement of the few other drivers that actually show up for the things. We went to a ORV park on one Happening and did the normal stuff but after lunch was individually allowed to do what we wanted as hard as we wanted.

BlueHUMMERH2
10-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Any dealerships offer............Novice to extreme trail's to ride?

I know from what I have seen that with Hummer growing that there are two different type of owners.

One, like most of you enjoy a challange and want to push your truck. Two,that just want to take a drive through the wood's on a fire road.

Any company doing this????

I would give Sutliff credit. I think their Happenings are pretty good. I get their newsletter every once and a while, and there are some good locations. I enjoyed Penn's Cave last year. I went to Paragon this year instead.

wpage
10-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Sounds like a great marketing concept. Parts guy is in the wrong department. Most dealers have a big back lot. They should put them to use:popcorn: :popcorn:

The Green Lantern
12-17-2006, 04:00 PM
btt