PDA

View Full Version : Members Help Requested

OldHiker
10-18-2006, 02:16 AM
Just to bring everyone up to date, after completing the Rubicon with the group, I drove to Reno. To make a very long story short, I have been here for 8 days waiting for a transfer case.

Seems GM is backordered with no eta. Does anyone know of a dealer that has one in stock that will work out the details with Winkel Hummer in Reno, Nevada. I cannot continue my trip home, 5-7 days of driving when I leave here, until I get one. The hotel bills are starting to add up.

Help!

Dug
10-18-2006, 02:32 AM
I dont know what year your hummer is , to know if your getting a warrantied T-case or not . But there is all kinds of used or rebuilt ones out there . Here one on ebay with one year warranty.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Transfer-Case-2003-HUMMER-

OldHiker
10-18-2006, 03:04 AM
It's under the extended warranty plan.

partsguy
10-18-2006, 03:09 AM
Transfercase???? Have them call the dealership tomorrow or PM me I have one! If they put a SPAC case on it I can sent out to you!!!!!
I will pm you.

DDWH
10-18-2006, 03:11 AM
I believe you get reimbursed for the hotel??? Seems hard to believe theres a backorder on the t-case....:rant:

partsguy
10-18-2006, 03:16 AM
PM sent It will cost you not a thing to have them SPAC it.They should pressure GM Partech to make it happen.

I left you my cell phone call me tomorrow.

OldHiker
10-18-2006, 03:25 AM
My hero.

PM sent. Will talk after I speak to the dealer.

Thanks again

Big Z
10-18-2006, 03:32 AM
Just to bring everyone up to date, after completing the Rubicon with the group, I drove to Reno. To make a very long story short, I have been here for 8 days waiting for a transfer case.

Seems GM is backordered with no eta. Does anyone know of a dealer that has one in stock that will work out the details with Winkel Hummer in Reno, Nevada. I cannot continue my trip home, 5-7 days of driving when I leave here, until I get one. The hotel bills are starting to add up.

Help!

Should have the dealer/Hummer put you up until they get your repair done! :) ...The LEAST They could do! ;)

OldHiker
10-18-2006, 03:47 AM
I have been fighting with Hummer and GMPP about footing some of this. I am waiting for a case manager from Hummer to call.

Stay tuned.

PARAGON
10-18-2006, 03:50 AM
PM sent It will cost you not a thing to have them SPAC it.They should pressure GM Partech to make it happen.

I left you my cell phone call me tomorrow.Thanks for stepping up Jeff.

DennisAJC
10-18-2006, 03:55 AM
Thanks for stepping up Jeff.

X2 WOW!!!!

He really is a parts guy.:giggling: :perfect10s: :clapping:

DDWH
10-18-2006, 03:55 AM
I have been fighting with Hummer and GMPP about footing some of this. I am waiting for a case manager from Hummer to call.

Stay tuned.

OH let us know what happens, it was my understanding that GMPP is an extension of the factory warranty and I believe they are to cover, your room,rental car, etc. while stranded away from your "homebase" during repairs, etc.....

DennisAJC
10-18-2006, 03:57 AM
OH let us know what happens, it was my understanding that GMPP is an extension of the factory warranty and I believe they are to cover, your room,rental car, etc. while stranded away from your "homebase" during repairs, etc.....

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Forum Brains = Dealership:OWNED:

:jump:

ROX
10-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Thanks for stepping up Jeff.:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: Awesome!

timgco
10-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Once again, I am amazed and the service and dedication that PARTSGUY provides.

Way to go Jeff. :perfect10s:

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
10-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Jeff deserves the praise as He is that kind of guy. Not looking at every little dollar He can squeeze out of anyone.

Your great person Buddy, before you are a great partsguy. A name that really fits how serious He takes it to help anyone and does not matter if You have had contact with Jeff yet.

I would really recommed You talk to this guy as he knows what He is talking about and if Your dealer tells You something is not available by itself without buying a huge unit to replace a $20 item on that system failer let Jeff check on it first. He takes time to know the Hummer and it is hard for Him to just leave lock the door and leave it behind. The man gave Me a personal super private cell number that only dealer owner and GM of Sutliff Hummer may know so that while on His vaction I could reach Him with My customizing project. With some real vital stuff going on with project and couple problems with a few things He would call factory, which He has done several times to find out something that was not in the books and We got by the book answers from several dealers Jeff would look it over and tell Me wait and let Him check this out it is stupid. He has not failed to get anything i needed or get something that all the cookie cutter books would say this is how it is Jeff would study situation and go to factory guys and get answer that was outside the box, Jeff came up with first.

Jeff Your a great guy Buddy forget the parts stuff and no I'm not on meds I'll have You know ;D I quit the Oxycotin on My own without anyone's help but, the Big Man above. Docs went nuts as i did it without asking and he said usually a person spends many days in fetal position after short time off med. Hey if You want to do something do it and it helps if You do not have people telling you it cannot be done while you are doing it.

Jeff I think You, Ken, CO-Pilot, Dennis, DRYTI, H2Finally, PARAGON, and PhilD plus others the ones who broke me in on how to handle myself in this forum as far as proticol know if i had been told I could not do it then i would have tried because it was not suppose to be done cold turkey that way.

So what i'm saying is just how it is and these above mentioned I could write similar praise for because of the help they have been if people would take time to research the past threads in search and see who has been helping the most already as well as experimenting pushing the H2 to and past supposedly limits.

Thanks Jeff and others mentioned and not mentioned it is hard to remember allot right now and i apologize if I left you off list of praise and Buddies..

TAZ

partsguy
10-18-2006, 11:58 AM
You guys are nuts...........:rant: Glad to help hiker but, if it wasn't for my stupidty I wouldn't even have one.

h2co-pilot
10-18-2006, 12:34 PM
You guys are nuts...........:rant: Glad to help hiker but, if it wasn't for my stupidty I wouldn't even have one.

Okay, Jeff has pickled egg breff.:excited: :giggling:

Good to hear things are looking up for the Hiker. :)

To partsguy: :beerchug:

partsguy
10-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Hiker PM sent!!!

BKLYNH2
10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
jeff saves everyone - his status should be hummer saviour!
:beerchug:

f5fstop
10-18-2006, 10:24 PM

I left you my cell phone call me tomorrow.

That is fantastic. We have to meet someday and have a beer and talk GM war stories.:jump:

Klaus
10-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Outstanding, Jeff! :beerchug:

Seems like you should at least be able to use all this charity work as a tax deduction! :giggling:

partsguy
10-18-2006, 10:42 PM
But Klaus as I told Hiker I do in fact get something........1.I get rid of a (mistake) part that had not moved in awhile. 2.I can put a Burton shrine where the T-case has been sitting all this time.:D Necks are red.

HummBebe
10-18-2006, 11:00 PM
POPS!!!

Still with the smutzy dealership! WTF???

THANK GOD FOR THE ELCOVA FORUM and it MEMBERS.

SH1T GETS DONE AROUND HERE!

Thanks for helping Pops Partsguy! :perfect10s:

partsguy
10-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Spoke Highly of you! Well mostly!

f5fstop
10-19-2006, 12:30 AM
But Klaus as I told Hiker I do in fact get something........1.I get rid of a (mistake) part that had not moved in awhile. 2.I can put a Burton shrine where the T-case has been sitting all this time.:D Necks are red.

Cool...Burton:dancingbanana:

OldHiker
10-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Hummer themselves have finally got behind me. I don't want to jinx myself, but it sounds like they are going to foot the bill for this stay. Some consolation for the almost 2 weeks I will have spent here.

Hummer was not aware that I was the one that located the part (thanx to PartsGuy). They were led to believe the dealer did. 'nuff said for now.

The Power of Elcova is not to be trifled with!

Alan06SUT
10-19-2006, 05:04 AM
Hang in there man! Glad to see things are moving along in your favor. Sometimes the "adventure" is in the aftermath.

Klaus
10-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Necks are red.

I resemble that remark! :D

PARAGON
10-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Cool...Burton is going down! :dancingbanana:fixed:jump:

PARAGON
10-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I resemble that remark! :DYou rednecks are some weird folk:giggling:

partsguy
10-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Anyone know if POPs got out of Reno? Have not heard anything from him!Lost his cell number.:confused:

HummBebe
10-21-2006, 10:55 PM
They left this morning!!!!

partsguy
10-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Thank you.

KenP
10-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Thanks for stepping up Jeff.X6 happyzillion!!! NEVER had a problem with Jeff. Just great service EVERY time.
:jump: :jump:

OldHiker
10-22-2006, 02:38 AM
just got into Salt Lake City. We could not get out of Reno fast enough. Reno was truly a beautiful place. I just wish we had been there under better circumstances.

Jeff is unbelievable. Calling me just to see how we are doing. He is defintiely a :perfect10s:

DennisAJC
10-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Everyone wants to have sess with you Jeff.:jump:

partsguy
10-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Not sure if I feel fuzzy .........With you saying that Dennis:o May just skip Victoria on my Vaction:D

DennisAJC
10-22-2006, 03:13 AM
Not sure if I feel fuzzy .........With you saying that Dennis:o May just skip Victoria on my Vaction:D

I'm Canadian. I just wanna buy you a steak and a beer. Things are different here.:giggling: :beerchug:

partsguy
10-22-2006, 03:18 AM
Ok, Just worried me a bit!!!!! Look's like we will be there in may.....by the way when you say different you mean.....with saying or way of life???:popcorn: ;) :D ;)

lotus4s
10-22-2006, 02:11 PM
X6 happyzillion!!! NEVER had a problem with Jeff. Just great service EVERY time.
:jump: :jump:

I wonder how good the Heep service will be...:jump:

KenP
10-22-2006, 05:11 PM
I wonder how good the Heep service will be...:jump:Chitty. Me = :OWNED: