PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have an Eclipse nav unit?

OrangeCrush
10-22-2006, 02:37 AM
I was having problems with my Eclipse unit. It would jump from CD to FM to VTR, etc, etc... randomly and rapidly. It was like someone was pushing the source button constantly.

A few weeks ago when I was messing around with the suspension, I had left the key in the "on" position to keep the truck in neutral.

Point is, the battery died and when I jumped the truck, the jumping around on the Eclipse seemed to quit. I haven't seen it since.

My problem is now some of the features are "grayed' out... I can't get into nav or menu. When I try I get an error saying it can't read the DVD.

I called Eclipse tech and they told me I had to have either version 1.1 or 1.4 to use as a "start-up" disc.

I traded my 1.1 for a 1.2 and the guy that traded it to me had it stolen from him.

I still have my 1.2 disc and don't want to pay 300 bucks for another disc.

Does anyone have a 1.1 or 1.4 version I can borrow? My understanding is I cannot use a copy since I need it's start-up capability.

If anyone has a 1.1 original disc, I'll send you my 1.2 in exchange or to use just so I can get my system booted up.

This may be a long shot but I can't seem to find anyone with either of these discs.

Help.

Thanks,

Mark

timgco
10-22-2006, 02:45 AM
PM KODIAKZ. He installed mine on the H3. It's worked flawless from day one.

OrangeCrush
10-22-2006, 02:59 AM
Kodiak and I have been talking. He's been very helpful offering to send the unit in for warranty/repair.

Unfortunately he doesn't have any 1.1 or 1.4 discs. The latest he has at the moment is 1.3. (which I have tried, won't work...)

Thanks though,

Mark

vip808
10-22-2006, 05:33 AM
Good luck man.. I had such a bad experience with Eclipse Fujitsu-Ten AVN/AVX products and their terrible customer service that I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who wanted a high end system.

OrangeCrush
10-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Good luck man.. I had such a bad experience with Eclipse Fujitsu-Ten AVN/AVX products and their terrible customer service that I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who wanted a high end system.

It's funny you mention that. I had a Fujitsu-Ten tablet PC that had some problems... it cost me a fortune fixing it, the tech dept. was absolutely the worst I have ever seen.

Hopefully I can get this thing resolved. Right now, it's annoying as hell trying to use the system.

Thanks,

Mark