PDA

View Full Version : PARTSGUY - NEED HELP PLEASE

SUT NEIL
10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
I want to install a Hotshot heated windshield washer system in my 2005 H2 SUT. I purchased the Microheat unit and I want to install it the same way Hummer does on the 2007 Glacier Blue Special Edition Trucks. I hope you will be able to locate and sell me the black mounting bracket Hummer uses to attach the unit in the engine compartment, pass side - just to the right of the cold air intake box. I looked at the bracket in the 2007 Glacier Blue truck and the bracket in this truck had #40242001 (I Think) stamped on it. Can you get me the correct bracket within the next couple of days? Thanks for your help! :jump:

partsguy
10-22-2006, 08:39 PM
If I don't hang myself I will help you out!!!!

GLBLWARMR
10-22-2006, 08:53 PM

Wait, I go through suicide awareness classes all the time. I think that is a cry for help. The acronym is AID LIFE. Now what does the A stand for??? Don't do nothing Partsguy. I will figure it out and get you the help you need.:D

SUT NEIL
10-22-2006, 09:53 PM

:crying: Whoaa.... No hangings allowed... Life's too short! I'm looking for a knife to cut the rope as we speak, but I can't find the part # for the hummer knife... but I found a bicycle and a radio.

All kidding aside, look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your quick reply and offer to help. Thanks! :excited:

partsguy
10-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Kidding Hell, Mets lost ,I'm about to be owned by MRS. I have nothing to live for. except to help you.:crying::jump:

Call Ya tomorrow if I can!!

Maybe New England will win????????????????????????????/

GLBLWARMR
10-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Kidding Hell, Mets lost ,I'm about to be owned by MRS. I have nothing to live for. except to help you.:crying::jump:

Call Ya tomorrow if I can!!

Maybe New England will win????????????????????????????/

they did 28-6 over Buff-ah-hoe.

partsguy
10-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Too late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying: What a rotten sunday:giggling:

Humdingah
10-23-2006, 04:07 AM
I'd like to know this number too...a 'factory' install would be cool.

dochummer
10-23-2006, 05:02 AM
The actual button to tom it on and off would be nice too! :) Anybody have problems with their hotshot. Mine stopped working last month. Sometimes, the light just flashes, other times, no light at all.:(

Mr. I - Man
10-23-2006, 09:17 PM
I'd like to know this number too...a 'factory' install would be cool.

X2

partsguy
10-23-2006, 09:29 PM
15294598 Bracket
15294592 heater
15294599 Switch
15296886 I/P ext harness

There are two other harness listing but I want to look at the truck(our truck)
before I give them out.

SUT NEIL
10-24-2006, 12:37 AM
15294598 Bracket
15294592 heater
15294599 Switch
15296886 I/P ext harness

There are two other harness listing but I want to look at the truck(our truck)
before I give them out.

:perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s: For those long time forumn members who already know and for any new members that have not had the pleasure of working with Jeff - PARTSGUY IS GREAT AND IS ALL-KNOWING !

Jeff, thanks again for your help and assistance and I look forward to talking with you tomorrow.

NJ H2
10-24-2006, 04:26 AM
The actual button to tom it on and off would be nice too! :) Anybody have problems with their hotshot. Mine stopped working last month. Sometimes, the light just flashes, other times, no light at all.:(

Yup!
Same problems! It worked a few times after I first installed it (while testing it) then when I really needed it in a blinding snow storm NOTHING!
:lame:

SUT NEIL
10-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Latest update regarding HotShot heated windshield washer system:

I recently purchased a brand new in the box Microheat HotShot system on ebay (Item #220034844895) for $77.50 + $8.50 shipping - "Smokin Deal". This is a complete system including the heater unit, wiring, switch, and mounting bracket. The heater unit appears to be identical to the heater unit used in the 2007 Glacier Blue special edition H2. I could have simply installed the entire system as purchased but I want as close to a factory installation as possible. Accordingly, I also ordered the GM factory mounting bracket, two wiring harnesses, and switch from Partsguy - total cost for these items from him approximately $240. I'll do the install as soon as I receive these items. Hopefully it will work and look like the factory install.

dochummer
10-26-2006, 12:16 AM
Anybody have the limited edition operating instructions for the hotshot unit? I spoke with the hotshot people, and they said that i most likely overheated the unit, that's why it's not working any more. Said that I didn't prime it. The manual says that you need to prime it before using after initial install....wasn't aware that I was supposed to prime it every time I use it....Is that the way it is with the limited edition installs?

NJ H2
10-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Anybody have the limited edition operating instructions for the hotshot unit? I spoke with the hotshot people, and they said that i most likely overheated the unit, that's why it's not working any more. Said that I didn't prime it. The manual says that you need to prime it before using after initial install....wasn't aware that I was supposed to prime it every time I use it....Is that the way it is with the limited edition installs?

This is from there web site:
http://www.microheat.com/pdf/model_go_manual.pdf

Page 9 says you need to prime the unit.

dochummer
10-29-2006, 07:27 PM
This is from there web site:
http://www.microheat.com/pdf/model_go_manual.pdf

Page 9 says you need to prime the unit.

So, that has to be done everytime you use it, not just the first time after install?

NJ H2
10-30-2006, 03:28 AM
So, that has to be done everytime you use it, not just the first time after install?

Yeah Doc, everytime! That completly blows! :mad:
I hope mine works since I never primed it!
PS. I never read that priming BS until yesterday. I bet they added that after lots of HS's went bad!

dochummer
10-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Good thing I have an extra one sitting in the garage.... :) Gotta luv ebay deals..

Vettster
10-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Is the factory installed one named "Hotshot"?
If so, mine has not worked since day one.
I took it back to the dealer and after 3 days in the shop, it worked a total of two times.
The instructions are pretty vague. It tells you to push the button (No kidding) and nothing else.
I know I'm gonna be really pissed once the snow starts falling here.:dancingbanana:

f5fstop
11-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Not understanding the Prime every time statement. Sure that isn't just the first time?
There is a one-way check valve between the unit and the reservoir that prevents fluid from going back into the reservoir, so how is the unit going dry? The unit, whether on or off, just allows the fluid to be pushed through from the pump.
I would understand if you run out of fluid it would require priming again.

dochummer
11-29-2006, 04:54 AM
Not understanding the Prime every time statement. Sure that isn't just the first time?
There is a one-way check valve between the unit and the reservoir that prevents fluid from going back into the reservoir, so how is the unit going dry? The unit, whether on or off, just allows the fluid to be pushed through from the pump.
I would understand if you run out of fluid it would require priming again.

That makes sense to me. But, when I called tech support they said that it's most likely fried because I didn't prime it...asked me to send it to them....unfortunately, it's an ebay purchase from over a year ago, so no warranty left on it....figured I'd install the extra one I bought and see what happens....

I sure do like the heated windshield on the wifes LR though....

partsguy
11-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Neil call me! lost your number! be back to work after 3:00.

timgco
10-17-2007, 06:16 PM
btt- anyone else do the installation yet?

Where do you order from? I called the company, but no response.

I'd like to do the factory setup if I can't get the cheaper one.

timgco
11-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Latest update regarding HotShot heated windshield washer system:

I recently purchased a brand new in the box Microheat HotShot system on ebay (Item #220034844895) for $77.50 + $8.50 shipping - "Smokin Deal". This is a complete system including the heater unit, wiring, switch, and mounting bracket. The heater unit appears to be identical to the heater unit used in the 2007 Glacier Blue special edition H2. I could have simply installed the entire system as purchased but I want as close to a factory installation as possible. Accordingly, I also ordered the GM factory mounting bracket, two wiring harnesses, and switch from Partsguy - total cost for these items from him approximately $240. I'll do the install as soon as I receive these items. Hopefully it will work and look like the factory install.

BTT NEIL, ...looking for some feedback as I just ordered these parts.

mikejr
11-28-2007, 12:56 AM
I reviewed the manual in my 08 and it doesnt say anything about priming the system before hitting the button. I dont know if the factory system on the 08 is the hotshot system or not.

The system takes about 30 to 45 seconds and then starts a series of i think 4 blasts of heated fluid.

tower
11-28-2007, 01:21 AM
He Jeff!

Long time no speak! Don't do it! You'll only make all the bastards who hate you happy! So, if I can distract you, I too am going to join the Wabasto crew. Is there any particular advantage to using the factory harnesses or switch vs buying it off e-ghey? Does it look any more "factory?" f so I'm in! Do you have any shots or drawings of the switch and is location? Thank you and Happy Holidays!

~ron

SUT NEIL
11-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Sorry guys for not responding sooner. I've been away for awhile.

DO NOT ORDER ANY OF THE GM WIRING HARNESSES THAT I TRIED TO USE AND PREVIOUSLY POSTED THE PART NOS. FROM WHAT I RECALL THESE ITEMS CANNOT BE USED UNLESS YOU ALSO REPLACE THE ENTIRE DASH WIRING HARNESS. I used the GM mounting bracket and all items included with the Webasto Hot Shot unit. It looks pretty close to a factory installation. One caution... Do not purchase a Hot Shot unit that you integrate into the wiper system wiring. I think they refer to this unit as including the automatic mode. It has inherent problems that were a nightmare to figure out - that is if rhey even offer this model any more. Purchase a Hot Shot that does NOT have to be wired to the wiper system.

Hope this helps!

tower
12-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Just won ebay auction! $91 + $10 S&H = $101 total.
http://i18.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/c6/fb/f2e9_1.JPG
Sure could use photos for installation. Thanks!

mikejr
12-02-2007, 03:19 PM
T - here are some photos of the install under the hood and also the switch on the dash. The switch on the dash is a combo switch, the top part kills the interior lights when the door is opened, the center round one controls the dash lights and the lower 1/2 of the switch is the heated washer fluid switch and indicator light.

The under hood unit is mounted with a bracket on the drivers side of the washer tank. There are some pretty girthy wires running into the unit so it must draw quite a bit of juice.

Kinda hard to get a good shot where its located and all the other stuff in the engine bay. I guess I could rip out the engine and get you a few better photos...LOL

Hope these help!

tower
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Mikey. YOU RULE! :perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s:That was just what I needed. Although I'm hoping someone with the LIMITED EDITION will post shots of their switch. (With the radical '08 change to the interior, there is no way for me to duplicate your switch set-up.) Thank you for your trouble. I look forward to the shots after you pull the motor.:giggling:

mikejr
12-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Mikey. YOU RULE! :perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s: :perfect10s:That was just what I needed. Although I'm hoping someone with the LIMITED EDITION will post shots of their switch. (With the radical '08 change to the interior, there is no way for me to duplicate your switch set-up.) Thank you for your trouble. I look forward to the shots after you pull the motor.:giggling:

T - I kinda figured my switch set up would not be useful to you due to the interior change. I dont know anyone with a LE to even look at one to see. Doesnt that guy that was promoting those ipod adapters have a blue LE? I seem to recall that.

Glad the under hood pics helped. Well guess I better get working on pulling the motor out...just hope i dont have any extra parts after I put it back in!

timgco
12-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for those pics Mike. That helps for the underhood shot.

The LE switch just goes on the front facing AC Pannel. That one is easy. You can fuse the switch inside the drsd dash also.

I should have hte stuff next week and will post it up.

rep sent to Mike. Thanks!!!

NJ H2
12-02-2007, 08:18 PM
I installed the HotSHot a while ago and had problems with the unit working correctly if at all.
Neither myself or Webasto could figure it out. Webasto sent me a new unit and I had teh same problem!
Then it hit me :raar: it was a bad ground. I changed the ground wire and WEBASTO!! IT WORKED!!! :dancingbanana:
So when you install it make sure your using a solid ground.

BTW I'm not sure if Webasto changed the HotShots but when I installed mine a "Fix Kit" or "Bypass Kit" was needed for the H2.
A few years ago I did a write-up on the install for the Fix/Bypass Kit, you can see it by clicking below:
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6665&highlight=hotshot

tower
12-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Thank you, NJ. I already had your thread saved for later (very well done, BTW:clapping:) I will wait until I receive my unit and then call Webasto/Microheat to see if I need the bypass kit. Can't wait!:excited:

mikejr
12-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks for those pics Mike. That helps for the underhood shot.

The LE switch just goes on the front facing AC Pannel. That one is easy. You can fuse the switch inside the drsd dash also.

I should have hte stuff next week and will post it up.

rep sent to Mike. Thanks!!!

Any time, glad I could help you guys out.

SUT NEIL
12-03-2007, 02:41 AM
Hey guys back at you with some additional info:

1. To the best of my recollection, the Microheat Hot Shot unit (The black box that heats the fluid) is the exact same unit that GM uses. This box looks exactly the same as the one GM uses.

2. The switch, wiring harnesses, and mounting bracket provided by Microheat are different than the ones used by GM. I bought and used the GM mounting bracket with my Microheat Hot Shot unit. You cannot use the GM wiring harnesses located in the engine compartment unless you also replace your entire dash wiring harness - too much work and expense as far as I'm concerned.

3. The 2006 LE has the switch mounted on the drivers side of the dash below the AC vent. I used this space to mount my bluetooth phone setup so I mounted the HotShot switch on the center verticle dash piece in front of the shifter handle, to the far left side of the cigarette lighter & the 3 12v sockets. It fits and looks great in this spot which also enables you to hide the wire behind the dash without seeing it.

Hope this info is of value.

tower
12-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Thank you Neil. Got photos?

tower
12-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Hey, all! Doing some searching around, I stumbled onto these threads which I think are very helpful! I love this site!
Link1 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5168&highlight=HotShot)
Link2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8880&highlight=HotShot)
Link3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8819&highlight=HotShot)

LE switch:
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7884&stc=1&d=0
Aftermarket switch:
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3889&stc=1&d=0

NJ H2
12-04-2007, 03:10 AM
I mounted the HotShot to the Firewall. It was very easy and it's been there for years with no problem. I have seen the pictures of the bracket that attaches by the Washer fluid container and that looks fine. IMO either way is good.
Here are some pictures I took tonight. Don't mind the dirt I haven't cleaned the engine compartment since my last day of wheeling and I'm not about to clean it for you ugly bastages :fdance::D
The last PIC shows where I grounded it.

http://photos.imageevent.com/benza/hotshot/websize/DSCN0315.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/benza/hotshot/websize/DSCN0317.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/benza/hotshot/websize/DSCN0319.JPG

tower
12-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Great! Thanks, Jim!

mikejr
12-07-2007, 01:52 AM
T - here are some photos of the install under the hood and also the switch on the dash. The switch on the dash is a combo switch, the top part kills the interior lights when the door is opened, the center round one controls the dash lights and the lower 1/2 of the switch is the heated washer fluid switch and indicator light.

The under hood unit is mounted with a bracket on the drivers side of the washer tank. There are some pretty girthy wires running into the unit so it must draw quite a bit of juice.

Kinda hard to get a good shot where its located and all the other stuff in the engine bay. I guess I could rip out the engine and get you a few better photos...LOL

Hope these help!

Hey Drty I saw you edited my post and got the pics to show up in the post. How the heck do you do that? All I can ever get to happen is the link. Thanks for fixing that.