PDA

View Full Version : dual battery

rusty
10-24-2006, 12:16 AM
has anyone with the NW dual battery setup had any problems(i.e drained battery(s) or not enough power)?

anyone know of a dual batt kit other than NW?

i have read all of the dual battery threads, and appreciate any input/help.

datapimp69
10-24-2006, 03:46 AM
i bought the NW dual batt tray and not there kit.

i had a large batt isolator from warn and a solnoid from warn.

i hooked it up that the main batt only works the truck. and the second batt runs everything else. the isolator chages both batt at the same time. and the solnoid turn the second output off. i have a switch in the cab to turn it on and off as to stop any drain that there may be. and for when pluging things in and out.

i could take some pics if you need.

rusty
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
pictures would be great.

so are you running the two smaller odessey 1200 batteries?

when you write that the second batt runs "everything else", what is everything else?

how did you seperate power(truck vs everything else)?

with the solenoid on, do both batts power the starter? (ie emergency power).

thx

datapimp69
10-24-2006, 06:34 PM
pictures would be great.

so are you running the two smaller odessey 1200 batteries?

YES

when you write that the second batt runs "everything else", what is everything else?

Sub woofer
Light bar
Winch
anything else i add

how did you seperate power(truck vs everything else)?
just what batt i hooked it to

with the solenoid on, do both batts power the starter? (ie emergency power).

no i didnt hook it up that way but if I ever need to do that i can jump the 2 pos termianls and it will do that
thx

i will try and take some pix's tonight

PARAGON
10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
I made my own tray to hold a YT Optima and a RT Optima. RT is the main and YT is the backup.

I bought a controller from Hellroaring that is the easiest and works the best, that I found. It doesn't matter that it's 2 different type batteries, the Hellroaring controller works.

rusty
10-24-2006, 08:38 PM
how hard was the install Para?

have to cut or trim anything?

any pixs of tray?

any idea if someone fabs a tray to fit two optimas?

thx

PARAGON
10-24-2006, 10:08 PM
install of the controller is easy.

The batteries were a bitch.

The PCM had to be moved a little and I dremeled on the little cover around it. I don't think I have any pics of the tray, but I'll look. There should be some pics here of what I have, but I'll look anyway.

Someone indeed fabs a tray to fit 2 optimas, just not for the H2. They don't fit unless you do a little work.

Also, I made my tray so that the holddown was at the base of each battery and not a bracket across the top, like every other retro tray. I welded in some small angle on each end and have another piece that can be bolted in the center that spreads the 2 batteries apart, holding them to the tray.

PARAGON
10-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Here's a couple of pics. Only thing I found right now. The second one is where the controller is mounted.

http://www.*******club.com/forum/files/100_0486_601.jpg

http://www.*******club.com/forum/files/100_0488_291.jpg

rusty
10-25-2006, 05:10 PM
thanks for the picts.

is the PCM the plastic box kinda below the radiator hose?

PARAGON
10-25-2006, 05:18 PM
thanks for the picts.

is the PCM the plastic box kinda below the radiator hose?that's it

DRTYFN
10-25-2006, 06:18 PM
has anyone with the NW dual battery setup had any problems(i.e drained battery(s) or not enough power)?

anyone know of a dual batt kit other than NW?

i have read all of the dual battery threads, and appreciate any input/help.
I have the prototype and I've never even had the slightest hiccup with it. Always perfect.:perfect10s:

DRTYFN
10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917&highlight=dual+battery

rusty
10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO RESPOND, APPRECIATE IT.

guess im gonna have to get the NW as I cant find an easy tray to do para's cool setup

maybe i wont be chasing some taillites thru the forest on foot for 4 miles - AGAIN.:lame: self