PDA

View Full Version : PIAA Wipers

HummBob
10-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Hey,

Just wondering what anyone thinks of the PIAA wiper blades #93043.

My blades have pretty much had it, won't last another HARSH Winter, so I'm getting new blades either way.

Also, what price should I pay? Can't seem to find locally, so I will be getting on the internet.

Thanks,
Bob

Boar-Ral
10-25-2006, 08:20 PM
I cannot speak for everyone, but two friends bought PIAA wipers and hated them. Within two weeks, they both replaced them with stock GM blades. They didn't clear the windshield well enough, even in mild rainstorms. Just my two cents. Obviously, your mileage may vary. I went with Reflex wiper blades from Canadian Tire, and am close to junking them, too.

HummBob
10-25-2006, 08:26 PM
I cannot speak for everyone, but two friends bought PIAA wipers and hated them. Within two weeks, they both replaced them with stock GM blades. They didn't clear the windshield well enough, even in mild rainstorms. Just my two cents. Obviously, your mileage may vary. I went with Reflex wiper blades from Canadian Tire, and am close to junking them, too.

Thanks!!!

Anyone know of GOOD replacement wipers :D

partsguy
10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
The H2 has 89009995 at 11.00 compaired to the 41.00 GM blades.

Boar-Ral
10-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks!!!

Anyone know of GOOD replacement wipers :D
It depends on your application. Because you live in Winnipeg, you might be interested in Everblades (http://www.everblades.com/). They are a heated wiper blade, and I am hoping to replace mine with a set soon.

HummBob
10-25-2006, 08:35 PM
It depends on your application. Because you live in Winnipeg, you might be interested in Everblades (http://www.everblades.com/). They are a heated wiper blade, and I am hoping to replace mine with a set soon.

That's Cool!! I'm thinking about doing the Hot Shot though!

Boar-Ral
10-25-2006, 08:39 PM
I am considering doing both, especially since Hot Shot is only $59 from Canadian Tire. I wanted to go the OEM route, but I suspect my ass wouldn't handle the price GM would want for the system and the replacement dash.

HummBob
10-25-2006, 08:42 PM
I am considering doing both, especially since Hot Shot is only $59 from Canadian Tire. I wanted to go the OEM route, but I suspect my ass wouldn't handle the price GM would want for the system and the replacement dash.

Is the the actual "HOT SHOT", or is it some Canadian Tire version?

Boar-Ral
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Is the the actual "HOT SHOT", or is it some Canadian Tire version?
It is a Canadian Tire MotoMaster brand. You can view it here (http://www.canadiantire.com/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=140847439 6672995&bmUID=1161805673240&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443285107&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true). It looks like a simple install, and you can't go wrong for that price.

mountainbiker
10-25-2006, 09:14 PM
I have been runming them on a Ford Explorer and Chevy Impala for a few years, and I--on the other hand--like them. For me they clean the window better (less streaking), less noise, and while expensive I have not replaced my blades as often. I just got a H3 and was thinking about ordering a batch for all the cars.

HummBob
10-25-2006, 09:41 PM
It is a Canadian Tire MotoMaster brand. You can view it here (http://www.canadiantire.com/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=140847439 6672995&bmUID=1161805673240&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443285107&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true). It looks like a simple install, and you can't go wrong for that price.

True, if it SUCKS, it's only $60 CDN (roughly $8 USD:D )

Boar-Ral
10-25-2006, 09:45 PM
True, if it SUCKS, it's only $60 CDN (roughly $8 USD:D )
hehe!

What I like about it is that it when the vehicle is turned on, it is always on. If I recall correctly, there is a specific button for the GM HotShot system to get warm washer fluid. Even in the summer, I wouldn't care if my fluid was warm, so leaving it on with the vehicle isn't a problem, from what I can see.

dochummer
10-25-2006, 10:12 PM
hehe!

What I like about it is that it when the vehicle is turned on, it is always on. If I recall correctly, there is a specific button for the GM HotShot system to get warm washer fluid. Even in the summer, I wouldn't care if my fluid was warm, so leaving it on with the vehicle isn't a problem, from what I can see.

I have the hotshot installed in mine. I need to replace it...it stopped workinga bout 2 months ago. I've had it for over a year I think.. Was great when it worked. The wiper blades I buy are from Napa - Teflon coated ones - in a blue package. If I remember right, you can just buy the refills and they'll fit right into the OEM holders....I've only seen the actual refills at Napa, but the whole blade is sold also at Fred Meyers....The blades last atleast a year....

SUT NEIL
10-25-2006, 10:41 PM

I'm attempting a factory install of the HotShot Heated Windshield Washer System without buying everything from GM. If interested, see my recent post to PARTS GUY - NEED HELP.

HummBob
10-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm attempting a factory install of the HotShot Heated Windshield Washer System without buying everything from GM. If interested, see my recent post to PARTS GUY - NEED HELP.

Thanks Neil...WILL DO!!:dancingbanana:

OrangeCrush
10-28-2006, 02:01 PM
I installed the Hotshot system last year...works great. (though I paid almost twice that)

I would like if anyone has a suggestion for better blades. I've tried about every blade from the dealer to trico's, autozone, etc, etc...

Point is, I'll bet I replace my blades every 2 months.

There's got to be a better blade out there.

Mark

H2bill
10-28-2006, 09:19 PM
I installed the Hotshot system last year...works great. (though I paid almost twice that)

I would like if anyone has a suggestion for better blades. I've tried about every blade from the dealer to trico's, autozone, etc, etc...

Point is, I'll bet I replace my blades every 2 months.

There's got to be a better blade out there.

Mark

Might be cheaper to move to Arizona. :D

OrangeCrush
10-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Might be cheaper to move to Arizona. :D

No schiet... that's what I'm thinking. I bought mine off ebay but it was like 140 bucks or something.

But who the hell wants to live in Arizona though?

Mark

mikejr
10-30-2006, 01:23 PM
I just fitted my H2 and the wifes Trailblazer with Bosch's all weather blade, I think they are called Icon's. They werent cheap, but really did well in some snow we ran into saturday night north of Kittanning. I'd recommend them.

Vettster
10-30-2006, 02:28 PM
I just fitted my H2 and the wifes Trailblazer with Bosch's all weather blade, I think they are called Icon's. They werent cheap, but really did well in some snow we ran into saturday night north of Kittanning. I'd recommend them.

I put the Bosch's on my last 2 vehicles.
Can't really say much for their performance in snow though.;)

Boar-Ral
10-30-2006, 04:13 PM
I put the Bosch's on my last 2 vehicles.
Can't really say much for their performance in snow though.;)
They cannot be worse than the Reflex wiper blades. The problem is that there is no hinging or framework, instead a semi-flexible rubber body. Where that becomes a problem is that overnight, snow melted and froze under the blade, keeping it overnight in an arched shape. Now, everything has melted, but the blade is retaining its shape for awhile. Really annoying, especially when you hop in quickly and need to go somewhere. Then you have to stop, try to force it back into a straight shape, and try again. Ugh. :(

md_sailor
10-30-2006, 07:00 PM
So far I'm having good results with blades from a Company named Silblade. They are silicone blades and have given good service for over a year now. Just my .02 cent's worth

http://www.silblade.com/

mikejr
10-31-2006, 12:31 AM
well i'll do some testing this winter on the bosch's and let you know what i find out.

dochummer
11-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Napa Teflon Wiper refills - $5.00 each..

Shrek_H2
11-03-2006, 03:22 AM
i use winter wipers i bought from canadian tire they work great...i avoid buying anything else cause till now i heard they were crap.

timgco
11-03-2006, 04:00 AM
What about the new Bosch blades/ I was thinking of trying those..along with the hotshot system.

Shrek_H2
11-07-2006, 06:09 AM
What about the new Bosch blades/ I was thinking of trying those..along with the hotshot system.

this year im going to try out some windshield washer from rain-x...and i also bought a bottle of Heat(de-icer) from Prestone

http://www.prestone.com/enlarged/images/prestoneIce2.jpg

Shrek_H2
11-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Thsi looks interesting as well.....

"You may never need to scrape again. By spraying your vehicle?s glass the night before, morning frost and light ice will be easily wiped clear with a few swipes from your wipers or snow brush."

http://www.prestone.com/enlarged/images/prestoneIce0.jpg

DRTYFN
11-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Don't bother with the PIAA wiper blades - they really really suck. They leave a band of silicone deposited at the end of the wipers arc on the windshield. It's a pisser to remove. And IMO the PIAA blades do a poor job of clearing the windshield.
Lately, I've been using RainX brand wipers. They're ok.
Tim, those Bosch Micro Edge Excel wipers work very well. I'm going to try the new Bosch ICON blades (http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon) next time.

HummBob
11-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Don't bother with the PIAA wiper blades - they really really suck. They leave a band of silicone deposited at the end of the wipers arc on the windshield. It's a pisser to remove. And IMO the PIAA blades do a poor job of clearing the windshield.
Tim, those Bosch Micro Edge Excel wipers work very well. I'm going to try the new Bosch ICON blades (http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon) next time.

Thanks DRTY!!!:D

sanfoja
01-18-2008, 05:22 AM

Just bought a Bosch ICON set from Autozone, Buy one Get one free with Mail-in rebate, so eventually the pair will have cost $17.99. Of course, will treat with Rain-X before replacement. Really hard to find an 11" blade :rolleyes: for the rear, had to get a Duralast (PTFE treated), Autozone brand. We'll see....

sanfoja
01-24-2008, 03:35 AM
Just bought a Bosch ICON set from Autozone, Buy one Get one free with Mail-in rebate, so eventually the pair will have cost $17.99. Of course, will treat with Rain-X before replacement. Really hard to find an 11" blade :rolleyes: for the rear, had to get a Duralast (PTFE treated), Autozone brand. We'll see....
Flat out wonderful in the rain, of course, applied RainX too, the new RainX wipes make it even easier to apply. The ICONs are silent, chatterless and streak free, of course they are new, but never "heard" a blade this quiet.

Well worth the $18 for the pair. Will post a follow up in 6 months...