PDA

View Full Version : Strange places to see an H2.

johndjmix1
10-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Top Places people seem surprised to see an H2:

(Of course these would be invalid in NY since everyone and their wife has an H2)

1. Walmart
2. Sonic
3. Home Depot (Why I have no idea???)
4. Any small town in Colorado.
5. Stuck.

KenP
10-26-2006, 01:02 AM
:jump: :jump: :jump:

HAHA! I saw the topic and my first thought was "on the trails".

My second thought was "at the mall".

dеiтайожни
10-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Umm... according to fuh2... a strange place to see an H2 is everywhere.

"This guy was actually parked, at the movies!!!"

"Saw this monstrosity camping in a national forest, can you believe it?!"

"This one was parked in front of a house, the nerve!!"

"This H2 was outside of a gas station, of all places, a gas station!"

Arizona Hummerboy
10-26-2006, 01:37 AM
I love the look people give you, when they see you on the trails, it is priceless.:dancingbanana:

ROX
10-26-2006, 01:48 AM
I like the look people give you after kicking their dog AFTER it jumps on your H2.:mad:

ipeefreely
10-26-2006, 02:05 AM
i like the look treehuggers give you when you run over their dog with your h2.

OrangeCrush
10-26-2006, 02:14 AM
I know this is embarassing but I needed a bunch of cleaning supplies for my new shop so I ran down to the nearest dollar store.

I felt stupid for driving a nice vehicle to a store like that but I didn't want to spend 100 bucks for cleaning crap.

Mark

Linus Gump
10-26-2006, 02:28 AM
I have discovered you can clean almost anything with Simple Green. I use it in my bathroom, wash my cars, in the garage, to do greasey laundry, and occasionally in the kitchen. I follow up with Dawn in the kitchen, though. I'm not sure if it is ok to eat from, but it does a hell of a job cutting grease.

westhillsat
10-26-2006, 03:34 AM
Umm... according to fuh2... a strange place to see an H2 is everywhere.

"This guy was actually parked, at the movies!!!"

"Saw this monstrosity camping in a national forest, can you believe it?!"

"This one was parked in front of a house, the nerve!!"

"This H2 was outside of a gas station, of all places, a gas station!"

The one below was on the current second page:

Not only was this idiot "camping" in a National Park with a 40' behemoth, he was towing an H2 as well.

The "H2" is actually an H3 - glad they love us too and are too stupid to know the difference between the two vehicles :jump:

johndjmix1
10-26-2006, 03:56 AM
Ha! Did the same thing last week with my girlfriend. That $1 store rocks!

--John

H2 GTS
10-26-2006, 05:39 AM
It seems at ironic at first to find an H2 at the dollar store. But some people know to spend their money on things that matter to them and everything else is just a commodity.

There are plenty of H2's at Sam's Club and Costco when I go.

GLBLWARMR
10-26-2006, 06:18 AM
Greenpeace likes 'em

frenzy1
10-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Wherever I park, I get stared at...

Frenzy
Belgium (where Hummers are RARE !!!)

KenP
10-26-2006, 05:19 PM
I know this is embarassing but I needed a bunch of cleaning supplies for my new shop so I ran down to the nearest dollar store.

I felt stupid for driving a nice vehicle to a store like that but I didn't want to spend 100 bucks for cleaning crap.

MarkNothing wrong with shopping at Dollar Tree or one of their subsidiaries. That place rocks! Especially for cleaning supplies and now the larger stores, 25k sq ft, are getting name brand frozen foods.

devilsfan
10-26-2006, 06:07 PM
I luv Dollar Tree. I always park next door, tho. :)

I've had surprised reactions at Home Depot as well. Guy helping me load up 200 fence boards was a Jeeper. So maybe I changed ONE mindset.

Sonic - yeah, truck fits, but BARELY.

Stacy

H2Finally
10-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Nothing wrong with shopping at Dollar Tree or one of their subsidiaries. That place rocks! Especially for cleaning supplies and now the larger stores, 25k sq ft, are getting name brand frozen foods.I go to Dollar Tree all the time! :D :D :D

DDWH
10-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Trader Joe's......:giggling:

BlueTJCO
10-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Oh give me a ****ing break......Hummers are everywhere...I see them everywhere....And I see all kinds of ****ing people driving them. Cherry Creek High School kids have god damn H2's.....

BlueTJCO
10-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Johnspendstomuchtimeworryingaboutwhatpeoplethinkof him......:shhh:

johndjmix1
10-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Me, no....but the H2 yes -). Dont like to have a crappy looking truck.

--John

ipeefreely
10-27-2006, 09:55 AM
anyways back to the talk about dollar tree..

I love going there for the cheap candy. =D

BlueTJCO
10-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Me, no....but the H2 yes -). Dont like to have a crappy looking truck.

--John

Just given you **** man:excited:

frenzy1
10-28-2006, 08:27 AM
PhilD, you got a point bro ! :D

Goalkeeper
10-28-2006, 02:27 PM
I've had surprised reactions at Home Depot as well. Guy helping me load up 200 fence boards was a Jeeper. So maybe I changed ONE mindset.

Stacy

I also had a Jeeper help me load at the Depot (I go there often!!) He was quite surprised how much we loaded into it!!! Several sheets of plywood (angled) plus a power washer, several 5 gallon stain / paint buckets...

We had the same conversation as usual tho...how much milage? have you been off road? mpg?

After 15 minutes of loaded all the stuff, he jumped in and we took a little spin around the huge ass lot...I also think I had a convert...

-Matt

H2Blondie
10-30-2006, 12:46 AM
I came out of WalMart in Glenwood Springs, CO to find a couple of women so surprised to see 2 Hummers there that they were taking a picture with the sign in the background (and no it wasn't the FUH2 kind).

The next couple that walked by while I was putting my stuff in the back seat took more interest in the trucks themselves than where they were parked. The girl was walking around checking them out while the guy kept trying to get her over to his Explorer!:giggling:

h2co-pilot
10-30-2006, 02:46 AM
anyways back to the talk about dollar tree..

I love going there for the cheap candy. =D

:perfect10s: :jump: :perfect10s: :jump: :perfect10s:

........................:excited: .............:excited: .............:excited:
.................................:clapping: .............:clapping:

dochummer
10-30-2006, 06:41 AM
Dollar store has some great light sabers! :) My boy just went to a b-day party, and the host was giving them out... :)

As far as walmart, homedepot...etc.... I go there a couple of times a week. Always forgetting something... :) I always find the closest spot to the front doors, and squeeze in....people always staring at me....I figure, if I can still get out, then they can still get in their vehicle... :):excited:

h2co-pilot
10-30-2006, 11:37 AM
I just can't go to Walmart, unless it's an emergency. Then I park, run in, don't touch any door handles, swerve in and out of people held together with spandex, turn off all olfactory senses, get what I what I need and get out. Normally followed by a ritual of lathering my hands up with Purel and doing a heeby jeeby cha cha.:D

The strangest place I ever saw one was when Alan06SUT went ghetto wheeling and took pictures.:clapping:

devilsfan
10-30-2006, 11:12 PM
I just can't go to Walmart, unless it's an emergency. Then I park, run in, don't touch any door handles, swerve in and out of people held together with spandex, turn off all olfactory senses, get what I what I need and get out. Normally followed by a ritual of lathering my hands up with Purel and doing a heeby jeeby cha cha.

Snob. ;)

Stacy

h2co-pilot
10-31-2006, 12:33 AM
I can't help it. I am a serious germ freak and it's just that a lot of people go there.

Maybe Walmarts are different in VA than they are in Texas- isn't everything bigger there?:D:D:D

dochummer
10-31-2006, 12:41 AM
I can't help it. I am a serious germ freak and it's just that a lot of people go there.

Maybe Walmarts are different in VA than they are in Texas- isn't everything bigger there?:D:D:D

I just hate the snobby attitudes of people in the "nicer" stores. :)

h2co-pilot
10-31-2006, 02:54 AM
:D

KenP
10-31-2006, 04:29 AM
Well, she WAS hot...:o

devilsfan
10-31-2006, 09:56 PM
I just hate the snobby attitudes of people in the "nicer" stores. :)

ITA. It's funny, driving an H2 tho. If I park on the side of the store, I get "those looks" (think snobby saleswomen in "Pretty Woman"). If I park in the front of the store - where the truck is very visible - I get waited on hand and foot.

Stacy

The Green Lantern
10-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Top Places people seem surprised to see an H2:

(Of course these would be invalid in NY since everyone and their wife has an H2)

1. Walmart
2. Sonic
3. Home Depot (Why I have no idea???)
4. Any small town in Colorado.
5. Stuck.

6. Trails

:jump:

dochummer
11-01-2006, 12:40 AM
ITA. It's funny, driving an H2 tho. If I park on the side of the store, I get "those looks" (think snobby saleswomen in "Pretty Woman"). If I park in the front of the store - where the truck is very visible - I get waited on hand and foot.

Stacy

We spent a few days at a friend's house out of town. The whole time, we had the H2 at the off-road guy's place for the rockrails. There were many people visiting from out of town (due to business) at my friend's place (yeah, poor timing)...but it was funny how people treated us differently the day that we picked up the H2 and came back to the house. It was night and day. Even my wife noticed... It seemed as if we were now "cool" and "worth befriending"....

DennisAJC
11-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Muddy H2 driving downtown with me in a suit. Parking in the Executive parking lot full of Benz and Jags. Security calling up to reception saying, "One of the Bunker boys has arrived.":giggling:

CO Hummer
11-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Muddy H2 driving downtown with me in a suit.

What's a "suit"? :D

h2co-pilot
11-01-2006, 01:42 PM
What's a "suit"? :D

They are really easy to make. I will email you some patterns. It would be a wonderful Holiday project.:D:D:D