PDA

View Full Version : Confused about TCS and BTM?

tomp
10-26-2006, 07:29 AM
I need to understand why to use BTM when the TCS basically does the same thing automatically? Doesn't the TCS system work the same as BTM technique when it applies brakes the spinning wheels by allowing the wheel/s with traction to have motion applied to them?

I know the benefits of using BTM to slow down momentum.

Thanks!

PARAGON
10-26-2006, 02:34 PM
TCS will also just bog down the engine at times. Even in TCS2 where it allows more spinning, if you need wheel speed climbing a hill, TCS can hamper momentum when dragging the brake allows for full torque to be applied to the ground.

The act of it braking from wheel to wheel slows things down.

Mr. I - Man
10-26-2006, 04:59 PM
TCS will also just bog down the engine at times. Even in TCS2 where it allows more spinning, if you need wheel speed climbing a hill, TCS can hamper momentum when dragging the brake allows for full torque to be applied to the ground.

The act of it braking from wheel to wheel slows things down.

Yeah it is completely impossible to execute a proper J-Turn in the truck because of the TCS. I actually thought I broke the tranny after I slammed back into drive and it totally bogged down. My Govt buddies just laughed at me.:rant:

tomp
10-26-2006, 09:52 PM
I will plan on adding a jumper wire to the brake pedal signal-switch to see if I can disable TCS and then try it during the rain to see if it activates.

Hopefully, I can get this to work and then add a front locker and be happy.