PDA

View Full Version : Hummer H2 trim part

AK47
10-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Guys for about 2 years i have had this piece of trim , that i can never work out where it comes from, its taken this long to get round to takeing a photo and posting it , anybody knows where this goes

:crying:

vip808
10-26-2006, 05:43 PM
How big is this thing?

EricH3
10-26-2006, 06:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that part should attach to the pivot portion of the rear seat center console, and it covers the metal pivot bracket(s). Should snap on to the pre-fitted holes on the bracket, unless of course the raised plastic "pins" on that part in the picture are broken/worn off.

Mine fell off also, but it still has one or two of the "pins" intact to help keep it on. Should be able to order a replacement from the dealer in "wheat" color.

AK47
10-26-2006, 06:23 PM
hI THERE ABOUT 20CM LONG WHICH IS 9.5IN

FiremanJay
10-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Erich3 is right it appears to be the trim piece at the pivot point

AK47
10-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi Okay you seem to know where this goes now what is the pivit point ,,,,,,sorry a bit slow today

EricH3
10-26-2006, 11:52 PM
If you fold down the rear right-side passenger seat back this will expose the black metal hardware which attaches the fold-down center console to the left-side rear passenger seat back. As you raise and lower the center console (and cupholders), you will see how the metal hardware "pivots" -- the plastic part in your picture attaches to that metal hardware. The two "nibs" protruding out of the plastic trim piece simply snaps into the pre-fabricated holes in the metal hardware. If one of those "nibs" is broken or worn (like mine is), then it's just a matter of time before the trim piece will eventually fall back off. One solution is to attach double-sided 3M tape to the back of the trim piece when reattaching it to the metal hardware, thereby making it much harder to come back off on its own.

It acts as both a covering and protection so that it doesn't tear the other seatback, and helps prevent passengers from getting pinched by the hardware or snagging their clothes, etc.

AK47
10-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Well thank you god i would have never found that

Cheers:perfect10s:

EricH3
10-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Glad to help...and I know exactly how you feel...was scratching my head the first time I found that trim panel laying on the floor too.