PDA

View Full Version : Train Horns

Alex13188
10-27-2006, 02:41 AM
I want to put some train horns on my h2, and i was just wondering if anybody has put them under the hood. I searched around but couldnt find any details.

Alex13188
11-01-2006, 05:19 AM
no sugestions?

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon
11-01-2006, 07:22 AM
You're not going to find a lot of room to put in a train horn. Or rather one that's worth anything. Which ones are you looking into? This company has some good ones from what I've heard: Hornblasters (http://www.hornblasters.com/products/category.php?id=8). You're wasting your money if you're looking at the ones with the compressor/air tank in one like what Wolo products.

usmctopgun
11-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Here is a small shot of my under hood setup. I got some help from some of the guys on here also. DO NOT buy one of the kits off eBay. You can piece it together with parts off eBay, but avoid the kits. They are pure junk. I went with good set of horns (can't remeber name), 1/2 brake airline throughout, ViAir compressor, and a 3 gallon tank. You also need a good solenoid, as the one that comes on the horns is normally junk. I suggest a 5 gallon tank if you have room, but the 3 gallon fits nicely in the back of an SUT. If you need some help, or want additional pics, email me directly at michael.g.newton@usmc.mil. Good Luck.

Also use the search function, as you will find other posts on this.

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon
11-03-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm impressed. That's quite a squeeze.