PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Hummer H150

Dug
10-28-2006, 05:39 PM
This is a long thread , but really interesting homebuilt H1 with lots of pics.
Check it out.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25748

ssgharkness020147
10-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Over the years I have seen alot of replicas. They are all crap. Period. This guys convertion is one of the closer ones out there. But the fact that he BUILT the body himself, from scratch, and did not even know how to weld before he began the project. Holy ****. Thats insane, even though I hate the knockoffs I have to say he did a good job.

ipeefreely
10-28-2006, 06:19 PM
what the.......... this guy is crazy...

H2 GTS
10-28-2006, 09:09 PM
I am just impressed the guy can do a whole project like that on a day by day budget. He has a lot of patience.

raptor2ride
10-29-2006, 04:15 AM
It looks like this guy has good craftsmanship and is good with his hands. I am a union pipefitter and do commercial HVAC. I have seen a lot of good welders and mechanics. I just think it is a waste. My time is worth enough that it makes no sense to take on this project. With the time he has spent I could make more than enough money by doing side work to pay for an H1. He has WAY TOOOOO much time in that project. Makes no sense!

Linus Gump
10-29-2006, 05:19 AM
Maybe from a monitary standpoint, you may have a valid reason for not taking on a project like that, but there is something special in building something from nothing. I am a pilot and know several people who have built thier own airplanes in thier garage. They are all approved kits, but some have just bought the plans and cut the pieces out themself, while others bought the plans along with precut pieces. Some even take it to extremes and go to the engine maufacturer and build thier own engine themself form factory parts. Either way, the entire aircraft is of your building. You bend all of the metal, and drill all of the holes, and put in all of the rivets. Once you are done, you have an aircraft that is only as nice as you buit it, but most can rival production aircraft in quality. For thier time, they could buy a production aircraft of similar performance for less money, but then they miss out on all of the enjoyment they get out of the time building it, and knowing every square inch of thier machine like they buit it- because they did.

hmrlvr
10-29-2006, 06:32 AM
Maybe from a monitary standpoint, you may have a valid reason for not taking on a project like that, but there is something special in building something from nothing. I am a pilot and know several people who have built thier own airplanes in thier garage. They are all approved kits, but some have just bought the plans and cut the pieces out themself, while others bought the plans along with precut pieces. Some even take it to extremes and go to the engine maufacturer and build thier own engine themself form factory parts. Either way, the entire aircraft is of your building. You bend all of the metal, and drill all of the holes, and put in all of the rivets. Once you are done, you have an aircraft that is only as nice as you buit it, but most can rival production aircraft in quality. For thier time, they could buy a production aircraft of similar performance for less money, but then they miss out on all of the enjoyment they get out of the time building it, and knowing every square inch of thier machine like they buit it- because they did.

X2, I completely agree.

H2 GTS
10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Remember his time may not be worth as much as yours towards buying an American made vehicle since he lives in Canada. From the looks of the neighborhood, that place isn't exactly a gold strike.

This guy likes a challenge it seems. If he could stroke a check , what the hell would he do with all his time.

Dug
10-29-2006, 10:07 PM
I realize its taking alot of time up also. But.... anyone who has that much energy and persistence is a good man in my book and i would like to hire about 20 guys just like him. :clapping:

DDWH
10-29-2006, 11:20 PM
I realize its taking alot of time up also. But.... anyone who has that much energy and persistence is a good man in my book and i would like to hire about 20 guys just like him. :clapping:

:iagree: .....not to mention alot patience!!!

h2co-pilot
10-30-2006, 01:26 AM
:iagree: :clapping:

That's pretty sweet.:cool::D:cool:

We should keep bumping this so we can check on it from time to time.:popcorn:

raptor2ride
10-30-2006, 03:16 AM
That is a good point!

DennisAJC
10-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Now somebody log on and post "FAKE".:jump:

h2co-pilot
11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I just checked. It's comin along.

Pic on page 15.

geeroy10
11-14-2006, 06:08 AM
that thing is awesome. the guy has skills. to the average consumer, nobody will know its not real, and he said something about having 15K into it? I wish I had those kind of skills.

BlueHUMMERH2
11-14-2006, 07:14 PM
I think he put the fuel access on the wrong side. But this thing looks pretty authentic!

westhillsat
11-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Wow, that's interesting. Yep, he is very patient. :)

BlueHUMMERH2
02-12-2007, 01:03 AM
BTT.

hummer74
02-12-2007, 04:46 AM
i forgot about this! thanks for the ttt! im still amazed at what hes doing, friggin awesome.

3Hummer
02-13-2007, 02:50 AM
i could never picture myself doing that. props to that guy it looks really hard.

BlueHUMMERH2
02-13-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm anxious for him to finish it! I think he's going to have it done this summer.

marin8703
02-15-2007, 05:25 PM
dang i just saw this and all I can say is WOW!!!

wpage
03-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Got to respect his diligence to a big project!:popcorn: