PDA

View Full Version : Installed My 3rd-7th Upgrades Today

Cesardajr
10-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Well today i had my 3rd thru 7th upgrades installed today.
my 3rd upgrade was a leveling kit from Ready Lift which as you know is changing the torsion keys out and changing the lower shock mounting brackets. the keys were very easy but the lower shock mounts were not changed out due to the replacement shock mounts bolt holes did not line up with the factory holes, i used the original shock mounts and all seems to be working fine with my upgraded shocks.
4th upgrade was new Fabtech tie rods, wow what a difference in the tie rods that came stock, install was done in about 10 minutes on a lift.
5th upgrade was a new Fabtech steering stabilizer in the factory location, also what a difference from the stock shock.
6th upgrade was the Cognito steering support kit, very nice set up
7th upgrade was the Cognito idler pivot kit, wow what a unit, it looks like it can take a bullet and walk away without a scratch but, the install of this kit was not a easy as the instructions claim, they failed to advise us that you would have to cut away some of the original mounting brackets to get this new part to fit. I guess this is why they send you a re-enforcement gusset that you have to weld in to give the factory mounting points support due to the parts you had to cut away. as i can see, it could use 2 more gussets re-enforcements so you could have 2 on the front mounting bracket and one on the back mounting bracket. over all it is a much better unit than the stock unit by far.
no pictures were taken of this install since they are so many on these boards.

Now that i have done all the suspension mods that i had though of doing, i will now start looking at performance mods. the 1st thing im looking at is a power programmer then i'll go from there.:p

KONG
10-30-2006, 10:11 AM
let me know how the leveling kit works for you. I am interested in doing that to mine. also what size tires are you running now that its lifted. and Oh yea how much true lift did you get?

OrangeCrush
10-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I numbered my mods when I first got my H2 but after a while, I couldn't remember where I was.

All guilty, say AYE....

Glad to see you made some sensible mods, the fun is just beginning.

Welcome to the board.

Mark

Cesardajr
10-30-2006, 08:01 PM
well we started at 3pm and were done by 5:45pm but my mechanic is a master installer in a lift shop that moonlights on the side and the fact that he has a full size lift in his garage also made it easier. as for the lift gained, i already had my 37x12.50xR17 installed when i took the h2 to get the mods installed, we measured the front wheel wells lips before and after and we gain 2.25" which looked leveled to us, all i need is to go get a wheel alignment today.