PDA

View Full Version : I NEED SOME HELP ON RADIO PROBLEMS!!!

JHALL
11-01-2006, 10:38 PM
ok....here's what happened....i had 03 h2 and took out the 6 disc radio and added the tsn along with the gm xm radio unit so i could play it through the tsn....ok it all worked flawless .....then i get a 04 h2 and change everything over to the newer one....well i hooked up the tech2 and did the vin relearn and the radio started working right away....but when i hit the button to change it function to xm it says theftlock in the xm window...the radio,nav,cd,...everything works perfect but the xm...? i thought maby when i did the relearn on the tsn it would clear that to????...any ideas on what i need to do would be much appricitated!!!!!

Klaus
11-01-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't believe it is possible to remove the VIN Theftlock from a GM XM radio tuner.

However, you might want to ask the question on the Chevy Avalanche Forum:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/board,20.0.html

"sperry" is the resident audio expert there.

Sorry :(

JHALL
11-03-2006, 11:13 PM
well i did a vin relearn 3 times and everything worked but the xm...still says theftlock....i put a post out there on the avalanche web site but no replies yet?....i would think you could erase or change vin in the tuner somehow?????

JHALL
11-03-2006, 11:16 PM
i tried to relearn vin 3 times and everything worked just fine but the xm....still says theftlock....i put a post out there in the avalanche forum but no responces yet....you would think there would be a way to erase or change vin in that tuner?....doesnt make any since to me????

Klaus
11-03-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't think the GM XM tuners can be unlocked. I recall seeing a GM TSB that warned dealers not to pull XM tuners from other vehicles to temporarily swap them for testing purposes.

Register yourself on the Avalanche forum and send "sperry" a PM. See what he says.

kodiakz
11-04-2006, 04:07 AM
I thought that you could do a complete system reprogram that would include the xm tuner. I know we have switched tuners from vehicle to vehicle in the past and no one has ever come back to us with any problems after getting them programmed.